Lets Grow Loopermans Rap Platform

Posts 1 - 25 of 27
  1. 1722587
    anotherproducer : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

I feel like looperman has a lot of people with skill and if we had a youtube page dedicated to releasing the dopest songs and beats made by our users. I feel like looperman would grow into one of the biggest platforms in the rap game.

What do you all think?

2. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

I would go so far as to say that it already is one of the biggest platforms of hiphop. :)

3. 1722587

Then what rappers/producers has looperman put on, that is on a mainstream level?

4. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Scroll through this forum thread :)
    https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/186120/hit-tunes-made-with-looperman-loops-and-acapellas

5. 1547231
    Lek : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

This thread seems to imply that Looperman is primarily a rap based platform?!! I wonder how they got that impression!

6. 1722587

I think this thread implies that there is a lot of skill within the rap community that is on this platform and that this platform can create a very big rap platform. I also don't agree that when a well known artist uses someone else's loop or samples their work is necessarily putting someone on.

7. 688110
    novaspace : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

hmmm i am also a hiphop producer but to be honest what i have seen in the threads 99 percent is garbage. i see 'beats' that sound from the beginning till the end the same. the same 808 under it. nothing more then a loop. i see people only sampling. and the only thing i see is 'hiphop producers'with a big hip hop starting threads like 'hit me up kill my beat!. check my fucking beat.... like my shit.... etc...… i havent seen many finnished hiphop track here at all. i remember 5 years ago we had some very skilled urban artists on looperman with their own signature sounds. but right now i only see 'template' beats that sound like loops! again i have nothing against hiphop but pfff show some skills before posting 'shit'

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Lets get something straight, Rap and HipHop are a very minor and irrelevant genre to the greater world at large, maybe it's a big deal to you as a "producer" but to me and other musicians it's just a ragtag bunch of wannabes who are at the shallow end of the musical pool, do you really think rap music is going to be around in 20 years time, either it's practitioners will have grow up by then and seen how juvenile it is or most of the genre's "big things" will have shot themselves or be languishing in jail.

9. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

"Then what rappers/producers has looperman put on, that is on a mainstream level?" so did you put any rappers on the mainstream list?

10. 1722587

Very minor?? Lol. Im pretty sure rap is one of the biggest music genres in the world. I do agree with a lot of what syncdiversity said, which is even more of a reason to have this youtube page. We would vote on who gets to upload their beats or music and then we would all go and support everyone that makes it on the page. This encourages people to think outside the box and have their work actually critiqued based on quality, creativity, and etc. I believe we already have enough people to start a movement.

11. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Lets get serious now and forget about bucketing the rap genre (I must admit I can't help myself given half a chance) One thing that you need to grasp is that you and the rap community here on Looperman don't represent the greater majority of members, you don't and never will represent Looperman officially, by all means get your youtube channel happening and good luck to you but you'll never be allowed to use the name Looperman, it'll have to be something else. Also judging by how the rap community here conducts itself your idea will self implode with infighting before it gets off the ground.

12. 1547231
    Lek : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Personally I think rap music will be around in one form or another for a long time (yep, even in 20 years). I've got nothing against rap at all. What I don't like is when you hear a rap track and listen to what is left when the vocal is stripped away and a lot of the time, not much remains except a loop and a repetitive 808 style beat. It's annoying that I can hear these tracks and think oh you must've spent a good half an hour on that track before you rapped all over it.

In the 90's the trend started to pinch other artist's tracks and then rap over the top of them - pretty lazy. It's now progressed to the point where a simple loop and drum track will do. 2 DAW tracks and you're done! Even lazier!

But as I've said before, I think that is the point - make rap music easy to produce so that anyone with something to say can make a track. Kinda devalues the art of producing but sure makes banging out a rap track quick and easy when you want to get your voice heard.

There's nothing to stop rap artists producing a decent backing track and there are some out there who do just that - just not that many of them unfortunately that I know of. If some of the rap producers on here started to take a bit more pride in their craft, I might be inclined to listen to more of their work. Do that instead of keep creating "someone spit fire on my repetitive beat" or "do me a mix and master because I can't be bothered to learn how to do it myself" type posts.

13. 1722587

Lol i never said it was the greater of majority of members in here... I said its one of biggest music genres in the world. I suggested it for the rap community because i rap and I produce rap beats. I don't see why your so offended by me suggesting a youtube page. Also I made this forum because I didn't want to create the page without having looperman on board supporting it. I want loopermans name on it because it wouldn't exist without loopermans community. But since I already have my answer, you don't gotta worry about the page being created by me.

14. 1722587

And honestly I wanted the people who created looperman to run the page, not me. I just wanted it to exist.

15. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Damm it,"rappers" are all over the "Looperman",it is a Pandemia/andvanced stage of terminal cancer and it is spreading fast,Damm it again,logging off,hasta la vista,"rappers"

16. 688110
    novaspace : Tue 20th Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

@slava72 i am laughing my ass off hahahaha you made my day.

17. 1041668
    wikkid : Wed 21st Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

Hello OP,

You asked:

"Then what rappers/producers has looperman put on, that is on a mainstream level?"

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but it looks like you're asking Looperman to take on the role of an indie promoter specific to rap artists and producers, on a whole 'nother site (You Tube). I don't presume to speak for the owner of this site, named Shan, but what you propose is a lot of time and work, especially if the goal is for those chosen from Looperman to hit the mainstream.

I think Looperman already has or had a YouTube channel, but for all genres. It's important to also know, that just posting music from Looperman isn't enough. Sure, there will be some artists who'll take on the work of promoting the channel, but there are others who will just want to be on for the ride.

In addition, You Tube is getting rampant with third parties who simply download a song and put it up on their own You Tube site, or even take sections from the track and offer these snippets for free in order to build up their fan base, even claiming that the music is royalty free.

Please understand, I do wish you all the best, as I hope one of the many producer collectives on here either contact you, or you may want to start one just to network. I wouldn't send off any songs without a copyright though, but if you stay on this site long enough you will find a great group of both seasoned and newbie musicians/producers/artists willing to assist and share knowledge.

18. 1722587
    anotherproducer : Wed 21st Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

wikkid

Thank you for your response. I think you made a valid point.

19. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 21st Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

the hope dies last

sure, mum has told you all that you can be president, supermodel, millionaire or even richer, more famous like jesus or mohamed, but of course she lied. she wanted you to try. to try it harder and harder every day. she wanted you to work for your dreams, on and on and on and get better and better and better….

if you think you just need a cool side or platform to get it all you will never reach any.

looperman isn't made for becoming rich and famous. it is a place to find help and friends. a place for music lovers. a place for all who loves to create music.
    but the rest is work. hard work in the reality.

and this "rap is one of the biggest things of the world" is also only a little wish of someone who didn't look over his own nose. how much rapper are famous in india or china? the world is a very diversity place and the gang or group you are in is mostly just a small group. or did one of you american rappers know any german or netherland rapper or russian or african? ….

so just let looperman what it is or was - a community of diversity music lovers who love to help people to get better and bring them on a good way into the reality.

20. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Thu 22nd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

A nice rare discussion thread beneath the "I look for a rapper ones" :)

In my opinion looperman -at the moment- is mostly a contact point for trap and rap. This the statistcs say.
    But... trap and rap is by far not the most played / made music in the world.
    Joe made a few good points here.
    Africa, China, India, South America for example are full with their country-specific "pop".

Music Hypes come and go. A few years ago it was dubstep. Now its trap.
    I think the trap hype is a mirror of the actual simple mankind in the western world. Everything must go fast and has to be easy. As I wrote on a thread in the nearer past, Trap is easy to produce.
    ( https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/189716/reasons-why-trap-is-so-popular-iii-join-the-discussion )

Take a sample from someone else and just lay a few drums and a wrong bassnote over it.
    I guess most of the trap / hiphop producers think they are musicians, its all a matter of opinion.. but in my view... mostly not :)

In my opinion a musician is someone who can play at least 1 or 2 instruments, can freestyle in a harmonic way and has knowhow and feeling about music harmonics.
    If someone has a completely wrong bass note under a chord of a loop, he definitively isnt a musician ;)
    Either he is a beginner or he has the wrong hobby :P

21. 688110
    novaspace : Thu 22nd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

quote Take a sample from someone else and just lay a few drums and a wrong bassnote over it.
    I guess most of the trap / hiphop producers think they are musicians, its all a matter of opinion.. but in my view... mostly not :) /quote

i agree. and it really anoying me that these persons are calling themselves producers and acting if they are the biggest producers in the hiphop scene. making a simple beat doesnt qualify you as a music producer yet. learn how to produce your own sound. stop using samples in every track. make your own signature sound. learn how to arrange your track (chorus verses, bridges that kind of stuff) learn how to mix vocals in a track learn how to place vocals in the same key in an istrumental and how to blend them in. if you can do that then we can talk!

22. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 22nd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

There is no point in stressing out...Let them dream..after all you can't make it big with "HMU" which is all they can write. They can't even be bothered to make contact with the artist requesting a producer, noooo they expect to be e-mailed, maybe even some begging or who knows maybe some cash for that shitty beat.

You know what the problem is with hip-hop? and this happens at the big level as well...they have to make a billion beats a day...why? because only 1 in a billion happens to be actually worth listening to, actually the likelihood of finding a good beat among these "HMU" producers is slimmer than finding extraterrestrial life in the next 25 years.

So why not sit back and enjoy the "hmu" plague? it should be funny

23. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 22nd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

One's natural reaction to contemporary punk youth and it's music is always cathartic you can't help the initial feelings of anger and then the drawn out reality of despair as you see it's an incurable plague, a tidal wave of rats so to speak, so it has been for me, however I don't really give a $hit anymore! lol ..I've wasted far too much time trying to effect change here at Looperman, something I've always known was a complete waste of time but one can't help venting one's spleen while the great unwashed track muddy boots all over the place, I'm going to do what Mahloo suggests and sit back and laugh while the "hmu" plague continues with their idiotic music..I have however just bought a job lot of rat poison!

24. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 23rd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

@M2GO - "Take a sample from someone else and just lay a few drums and a ***wrong bassnote over it***."

I laughed WAY too hard at that, it's so accurate LOL. It's one of the funniest things when a "producer" sends me a track using one of my loops with a trap beat more squashed than roadkill, accompanied by a super fat sub-bass that drowns out any sense of musicality that is ALSO IN THE WRONG KEY. I've figured not to say anything most of the time, because it doesn't even matter in the end. While I am grateful to see my loops used, it does get a little bit annoying when someone throws loops that do nothing more than make my ears bleed and paste it into my loop comments with the good ol' "check out this sickkk beat yo hmu 4 da collab"

@Mahloo - "they expect to be e-mailed, maybe even some begging or who knows maybe some cash for that shitty beat."

I can tell these wannabees rub you the wrong way hahaha.

I love this thread, I'm gonna grab my popcorn and enjoy the other comments now.

- Brado

25. 688110
    novaspace : Fri 23rd Nov 2018 : 11 months ago

quote There is no point in stressing out...Let them dream..after all you can't make it big with "HMU" which is all they can write /quote

@Mahloo well the point is those so called hiphop producers are stealing the shit of other producers.So many times we had to take down illigal releases by these people. its really annoying. often they dont respect any copyrights from other artists and keep sampling other tracks or using our acapella´s and releasing it as their own, it pisses me really off!!!

Posts 1 - 25 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads