Crap Beats For Desperate Rapper

Posts 1 - 25 of 45
  1. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sun 4th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

So anyways what's the deal with so many requests for rappers, did rappers vanish like the dinosaurs? And what's the deal with all those 808's or crappy drums over a single loop throughout 4 minutes, are those the new standard fire beat nowadays?

24 threads out of 20 are about a crappy unfinished song in desperate need of a rapper...guys how about finishing those crappy songs, making them sound polished and produced, making them catchy and structured, you know like a real song ("beat" for you hip-hop heads) should be and then ask for the services of an unsuspecting rapper that is about to be hit with a beat that's on fire?

Rant over!

2. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sun 4th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

HEAR, HEAR!!!

3. 688110
    syncdiversity : Sun 4th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

hahahaha hear hear i have two words for these guys who think they are already a super duper producer. FUCK YOU!!! a couple of weeks ago i even dedicated a track to them xD https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/197682

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 4th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

HEAR, HEAR, HEAR!!!!!!!!! Man I could go into an apoplectic fit over this issue, Looperman is and has been totally taken over by rapper requests from predominantly soundcloud users, it's been graffitied to death by the urban riffraff who masquerade under the name of 'producers' when essentially their wannabee musicians who are too lazy to come to grips with the broader implications and subtleties of music. The biggest bummer is nothing has or is being done about it.

5. 2789316
    yungfredo : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

TBH it's not like these people are blocking you from anything, I don't see why you're worried about what other people do. Success doesn't just come overnight, let them do whatever it takes to make it. It's like you saying I can't take part in a marathon because i'm not a typical "Athlete".

P.S Art doesn't come with a tag on it

6. 2419921
    SuviProductions : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

I understand what youre saying about the rappers, all rappers do is repeat some of the same lines over again with shitty autotune that people only listen to because of the autotune or cause its "turn up music" but when it comes to rap beats, some of the most simplistic, trap beats are the most memorable. Simpler beats are easier to rap over and i understand why most rappers are into them. With such complex melodies over powering eachother or too busy drums it fills up too much space for rappers to rap over. Simpler melodies with bouncy 808s and slightly simple drums make for better music.

7. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

@yungfredo - the point of this thread was a rant. I don't mind people trying to become successful, I actually appreciate and encourage people to take risks and put a bit of effort towards becoming successful. The point is 95% of these people (beat producers/rappers) do not put in that effort and are often filling the forum with requests for this or that without actually having a product that someone would/could rap over or without having the skills to rap on time or deliver a constant and beautiful performance. And I could take part in this marathon without being a typical "athlete" but the point of this whole thread was not about who is better, me or them (you), but rather about how their/your "success" would come easier and faster if a bit more time, patience and passion would be invested in the whole beat/song production thing.

@SuviProductions - I totally get the point you are trying to make, but this is not about simplistic beats, I know really well simplicity can be a beautiful thing and can be extremely deep and powerful especially in that type of music where lyrical content is far more important than the beat, this was totally about the total lack of involvement in their craft by these people. I made general statements about the genre in it's current state on this site.

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

As a broad spectrum reply (and just my opinion)... There will always be good and bad art however just because someone decides to do something doesn't qualify it as art, most rapper requests fall into this category, just a complete waste of time that go nowhere...However people have a right to do what they want to do including shoutouts for rappers and I'm not advocating shutting that down, just compartmentalising it to a separate collaboration section where all the producers and rappers (and anyone else looking to collaborate) can do whatever they like, it'll get all this crap off the front page of Looperman and stop making it present to the world like Homie Central.

9. 2419921
    SuviProductions : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

@Mahloo13
    I was replying to your first paragraph where you said "what's the deal with all those 808's or crappy drums over a single loop throughout 4 minutes, are those the new standard fire beat nowadays?" those single loops keep things simple and are easier to rap over and actually can go hard depending on the producer making them, depending on what instrument and/or vst they use can actually go hard. and the 808s keep a certain style ie; using the spins 808 for bounce or a cxdy 808 to put more power into the kicks. Sometimes people arent always looking for the best drums, ie; lofi, lofi is designed to typically have really basic/unmastered drums to add effect to the melody.

10. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

@SuviProductions - You are totally missing the point here. I'm not talking about audio quality here but rather musical quality.

Lo-fi is a style, a vibe, a feeling but lo-fi ain't the subject we are discussing here.

And I totally understand people creating minimalistic tracks but you need a good rapper to fill in that void and quite frankly 80 of the so called rappers over here speak so softly you feel they are reading Shakespeare or something, they lack rhythm, they lack vibe etc.

And furthermore the point is that very often you see a thread requesting a rapper and right above it a thread from a rapper requesting a beat or a producer.

I mean in all honesty if all these producers and rappers would stop acting like divas and actually interact with eachother they'd get some work done. It's really easy to listen to some work people published here on looperman and once you find someone that you feel you could work with, you can send a message contacting them, instead of posting day in day out requests. But that means they gotta put in some work and they cool producers and rappers get the offers don't make the offers right?

The whole point was not about generalizing because there are hard working folks among them as well, unfortunately we only see the lazy ones creating threads after threads.

@Thread - And just to clarify I don't have anything against rap or hip-hop, I started my career working in dance and hip-hop music, actually produced several hip-hop albums in Germany and Austria. So it's not about hate against the genre

11. 688110
    syncdiversity : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

why not giving these guys their own platform or atleast a subforum where they can post their stuff. right now it is pretty annoying seeing all those needless threads on the FrontPage. Especially those big Ego threads with posts like. Please kill my beat! Listen to my shit. I need a rapper to kill my beat. as vocalist that is a big turn off for me already and when you listen to their productions and discover that it is nothing more then a premade loop with an 808 beat under it even more!!! Look i understand that this website is also a website for upcoming producers but atleast stop acting like a diva!

12. 688110

also want to mention. the rudeness i have encountered the last year. As vocalists we are getting a lot of requests from looperman users especially from the urban community. but people do not read our profiles. They act to us if they are top notch producers. I am also a producer myself and have produced for wellknown artists but you never saw me bragging about it in this community. on my topic again about rudeness. When you refuse their offers a lot of them are acting rude… and seems to have big ego problems with themselves when you reject them. I even have recieved deaththreads from looperman producers. Yesterday evening a looperman producer wanted to use our acapella's for commercial projects but as We have stated on our profile and disclaimer we can not allow that. But people still trying. This guy became very agressive towards me and told me he is gonna release our music under his own name. Ofcourse i am not scared of that. we have 2 guys in our team who are monitoring weekly the internet and we take legal action right away if we see any illigal release. atleast 4 looperman users are banned from spotify because of us. it is really sad we have to act like this. but you know the music bizz can be a very dirty bizz~!

13. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

This response quoted from youngfredo merited a reply.

"TBH it's not like these people are blocking you from anything, I don't see why you're worried about what other people do."

These people are in fact blocking me (maybe us) from something - From enjoying Looperman. It might be a different matter if everyone read and followed the forum guidelines and terms and conditions of Looperman.

If this was the case, then all of these request posts be placed in the "collaborations" forum section. This would allow the forum filters to do their job, so people like myself who want to see more site relevant forum threads on the front page can do exactly that.

Another benefit would be that someone would not keep bumping a thread which no one responds to, keeping it at the top of the list for whatever forum section it inhabits.

Finally, it should limit the simple dropping of external links (such as soundcloud), instead encouraging people to use Looperman to host their tracks. This should be of little concern, since copies can be in both locations, thereby increasing exposure.

So, seriously, it does get in the way of the site serving it's purpose, and the enjoyment of the site in a personal way. People who want the requests/collabs could use the filter to see only this section, while leaving everyone who is not interested out of it.

14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

Regarding the forum categories... I have been seeing collaboration requests showing up in "General Messages", "Bands , Artists , Albums, Tracks Chat", and "Mixing , Mastering And Production Techniques" at the very least.

With "Collaborations", "Networking, Promotion. Getting Noticed", "The Music Business", and "Dj Lounge" all blocked from the front page - I should be seeing little to no self promotion or collaboration requests. This is not the case.

15. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 5th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

Lets cut to the chase, the trouble is clearly a management one. Now I have the utmost respect for Shan and Looperman however changes to the site specifically the collaboration section that have been promised as far back as 2 years ago haven't materialised, a general site upgrade has been mentioned being in the works but absolutely no timeline has ever been stated, we're totally in the dark and can only lament the degradation within the forums that is affecting us all and within a few short hours this thread will disappear being replaced by looking for rapper requests.

16. 688110

within a few short hours this thread will disappear being replaced by looking for rapper requests.

not gonna happen today. BUMP! xD

17. 688110
    syncdiversity : Tue 6th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

Good morning everyone :)

18. 2407748
    geniusmindbeats : Tue 6th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

real talk!

19. 490439
    ZeeHipHop : Wed 7th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

Ah, nice to see that one can disappear for a year or so and come back to the same old rants. But I gotta agree with the OGs on this one. I don't remember it being quite this bad.
    I've always believed that if your song is good enough, people will find it. There's no need to create a forum post if you've tagged your beat as "Looking for a Collab" (or just put it in the song description)

20. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 7th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how 'Collaborations' can be a forum topic. It's not a point for discussion which is why conversations have pretty much died on here now.

Funny though, for a little while now, "rapper requests" has now been overtaken by producer team requests or something very similar. Seems odd that this just started to happen all of a sudden.

If we ever have a vote to remove 'Collaborations' from the list of forum topics, count me in!

21. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 7th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

@ZeeHipHop - "I've always believed that if your song is good enough, people will find it". If only that were true. That's why Marketing is such big business.

22. 688110
    syncdiversity : Wed 7th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

@lemonization about those producer team requests those are the same people apperantly they are trying to get attention another way. i am laughing my ass off. just listen to their productions!! cant even hard call it a production. they just rip off loops from the looperman sample section and put an 808 beat under it. i have nothing against hiphop at all. but i am against those people who are giving hiphop a bad name!

23. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Wed 7th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

The first step to curbing this problem is for Looperman to designate trusted moderators who can push threads to where they actually belong, whenever they encounter these irregularities.

24. 688110
    syncdiversity : Thu 8th Nov 2018 : 1 week ago

Good morning all. i am on my way to the studio recording a new sync diversity project. have a nice day yall!!

25. 2255594
    slava72 : Thu 8th Nov 2018 : 6 days ago

Hello fellas,lets start beatting crap out of rap! Seriously, i have enough of it,i am sick of it-what the fuck is happening to this site?

Posts 1 - 25 of 45

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Techno Track