From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

NEED HELP MAKING LOOPS

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2455119
    KingSumith123 : Fri 12th Oct 2018 : 1 month ago

So i wanna begin a new project and create a loop kit but the problem im so lost to where to begin with loops like can someone help me and like tell the steps they use to make loops like i know how to get the chord scale on fl but after that i dont have a great imagination and where to being school about to start back up so i wanna finish this kit before i get alot of work from school

2. 1547231
    Lemonization : Fri 12th Oct 2018 : 1 month ago

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your question but it sounds like you're asking how to come up with the content for a loop right? If so, that's a bit like asking someone how to come up with a story idea for a novel. If however this is more of a technical question relating to your DAW then if you can explain the specific problem, I'm sure someone can help out.

3. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Fri 12th Oct 2018 : 1 month ago

After creating your 8 bar melody in Channel Rack, paste the melody in Playlist, select the 8 bar in Playlist and export to whatever audio format you want. That's your loop right there.

Note: Make sure each instrument is linked to its own Mixer Track.

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 12th Oct 2018 : 1 month ago

Here are a couple of threads full of useful information. The first one is FL specific, and the second one more Looperman specific. They should tell you all that you need to know.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/181213/exporting-seamless-loops-from-fruity-loops-fl-studio

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/182212/simple-ways-to-check-if-your-loops-will-be-rejected

In general, make sure that your loops are a single instrument, as opposed to combining in things like drums/bass or bass/keys etc. Make sure there are no obvious gaps or clicks when the loop repeats. For simplicity, sticking to an even number of beats or bars helps. Try not to export loops that are clipping (going past 0dB), even if it means using a limiter.

As far as staying in key, FL studio has "helpers" for the piano roll. These highlight the notes which are in the selected key, so you can see right away if all of your notes or chords are within the key. Then you can note which key you are in when you upload the loop.

Reverb and delay tails can cause some complication, and making good loops will be simpler without these. People can add effects like this later if they want.

Hope this helps a bit.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Ambient Track