Stop Complaining About Credit-Copyright

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 2697253
    Maszaka : Tue 18th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Hi,

I see a lot of people complaining about the fact that people take their loops and don't credit them or that they only want people to use their loops in non-commercial activities. You read the terms & conditions when you joined. When the loop is uploaded, it is royalty free and no credit is required. Don't get me wrong, when someone credits me for my loop its cool because they didn't need to do that but they did anyway. But that doesn't mean i feel entitled to it. You don't get a special pass because you think your loop is really good or whatever. This community works if everyone understands what they are getting themselves into when they upload. If you need to, read the t&c again to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Lets do better,
    Masz

2. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Tue 18th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Welcome to 2018 where everyone is offended by everything, entitled, and respect is a thing of the past. Read, What's that?

3. 1547231
    Lek : Tue 18th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

I guess what most people mean is it would be nice if people showed a bit of decency and gave credit where it's due but as phatkatz has kinda already said, these people don't show any decency and not only that, they want to claim it as their own work!! I think it's the reason why people don't give credit is what they're complaining about and I agree with them on that. Though I get it from the other side that they are free to use so if you don't like it, don't upload I s'pose.

Fact is though, even if they were treated in the same way as acapellas and not permitted to be used for commercial releases, they'd still be used for commercial releases - the same as the acapellas are.

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 18th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Phatkatz4 has it very much correct! These days, it seems that everyone wants something for nothing, especially something that they think they will profit from. It may sound conservative, coming from me, but I partially blame the hard drugs.

Lemonization is also correct from my POV. To the point where I have considered releasing everything original which I have done, or will do, under creative commons licensing. I think that I could probably make money from recording, mixing, and mastering - but the odds are that my music will always go over peoples' heads, a bit like an aeroplane.

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 18th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Hey I have a PhD in complaining, a Masters Degree in Whinging and a Fellowship of Advanced Disgruntlement..ease up buddy it's my stock in trade.

6. 1223101
    topclass : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

you know i used a voice sample from this site and gave credit to the owner of that sample and full song and didn't reply so what's the point lol

I do like honesty and loyalty etc but to be fair where does that get us in the real world at times?

7. 2697253
    Maszaka : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

I think acapellas are a lot more personal and I understand the want for credit in those situations, and by no means do I think credit is a bad thing at all as Ive said its nice to get credit. I made this post because recently i've seen some pretty big posts in these forums where people are outraged and feel like they have a right to credit and that their livelihood is being stolen from them. Im just saying you shouldve known what you were getting youself into when you posted, you can only be upset at yourself for not being careful enough instead of whinging.

8. 1223101
    topclass : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

The problem is some people can't do anything else but moan and complain about the least little thing it's a wonder they don't complain about the tooth fairy lol

9. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Nailed it Masz. I love the posts about legal action and suing the pants off the offenders, when in reality you can't get blood from a stone.

10. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

Nothing posted on the internet is safe. It is extremely hard to control what you let loose on the internet.

But on the other hand, if you are the type that uses people's stuff often, giving them credit is the least you can do, because that's the best way to encourage them to upload more of their good stuff.

11. 688110
    novaspace : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

One of the reasons i dont often use royalty free loops for commercial productions it is good practicing material for upcoming producers though! by the the way as producer is it really mandatory to use Always loops in your productions?

Still people dont read the FAQ here.

the Loops in the Loops and Samples Section are Royalty free

the acapella's on looperman are not Royalty free and copyrighted.

have a nice day

12. 1223101
    topclass : Thu 20th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

some might not know how to produce their own loops or not be able to play an instrument so well, just saying :)

13. 688110
    novaspace : Thu 20th Sep 2018 : 1 year ago

then why calling yourself a producer if you cant produce your own sound!

14. 688110

actually on the other hand. i guess everyone can call themself a producer. We all produce shit and pee every day :)

15. 1223101

true what you say but is the definition of a producer is to produce and maybe that might not always be from their own original making but from say loops that may have been used they can be called a producer because they have produced the final created product as in which case this so happens to be a music track

ok let's put this another way and this might sound hilarious but here goes

say someone wants to make a smoothie, now they didn't grow the bananas or strawberries etc but have since bought that and now made the smoothie and in which case have now produced a finished product from something that they didn't originally create and in this case grow

oh i'm done lol with my 5 mins of rambling i'm off to shit and piss hahaha :D

16. 688110

haahahhahaha. about producing shit. that reminds me on an old track i have produced years ago with a performing flatulist named mr.Methane.
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/197901

17. 1223101

oh that's bloody hilarious, i'm listening now to your track hahaha
    the flatulence suicide farts hahaha lol

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads