I Want To Give Up Should I

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 2400482
    TheMajorxty : Sun 16th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

I love making music!

Don't get me wrong. But i've been making music for about 5 years now. I've put out 3 albums in a year and half, with all the beats self produced all the raps selfwritten and self rapped/sung.

I have made like 250 complete songs, and put out only 47. The ones i thought would make the story i wanted to tell complete.

And now, with my fourth album finished i can't help but wonder, should i even put it out...
    I mean, i've had alot, like a lot of fun doing this, but every once in a while someone who 'knows' me and mentions something about my music, they always say things with a double meaning, they say yeah i heard your new song but can't say what kind of song it was. So they actually haven't listened to it. They lie straight to my face. It hurts. and i don't make trashy music i think, or at least i hope. i don't know, it just hurts sometimes.

https://soundcloud.com/robeska12

here, you can listen to a couple of my songs... so you can judge for yourself if i'm being ridiculous and that i'm making shxtty music or not.

2. 2022121
    gurt69 : Sun 16th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

If you love making music, don't stop! Prove those people wrong who don't believe in you, that's what I hope to be able to do one day.

I took a listen to the first 2 songs on your soundcloud and you have some dope music. The beats hit and feel unique, but your vocals need a lot of work. You sing way too flat and it's not pleasing to my ears, so maybe do more than a couple takes, do 100 takes just to get the perfect vocals if you have to. Maybe try autotune if you're into that. Hope this helps.

3. 1837559
    MatthewForest : Sun 16th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Experiment with different genres if you are feeling burned out. Take a couple lessons in the genres or styles you find yourself interested in if you can. Your music sounds great but I think the vocals need some work.

4. 2259032
    bennycauthen : Sun 16th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

tbh, ur production work is actually better than i expected!
    It's true, the vocals do need work, but the only way to get better to the level of all the greats is to keep doing it!

5. 1237805
    centralsdev : Sun 16th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

sometimes it a good idea to take a break and if you any time you feel the need to make music you can always come back. i have take some breaks from music some longer then other but i keep coming back because i love it. but forceing you self to stop is bad.

6. 1900462
    LukeWatkins : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

go to a studio, your homemade stuff doesn't work.

7. 2198630
    VadVid : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Honestly I think you just need to focus more on learning how to mix your music. you have the bases, but te actual execution could be better.

8. 1223101
    topclass : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

never never ever give up

9. 1915997
    TheNoimio : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Sounds very nice!
    Actually I like your style, but with a bit more mixing and better vocals (give more power in your voice, make it sound deep and "true") I would say you are in a great position to get way more audience.
    Don't give up! 5 years I'm in music too
    For example, Current value is making music since 1995 with +200 titles released and he started growing audience in 2007!

10. 883656
    NoellaRose : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Don't quit! You'll just regret it and want to un-quit anyway. Release that work!! Why not if you've already put so much in?

Your target isn't people you know, they might have attitudes against artists or ... who knows what? But also, in general, they're just LIKELY not fitting in your target market and that's fine. Don't worry about them!

We mostly start somewhere near the bottom and get better so don't worry about that. You have potential.

You have to believe in yourself or work toward that faith and confidence.

11. 2400482
    TheMajorxty : Mon 17th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Thank you guys, i appreciate it!
    I'll use all the help and feedback i got! Hopefully my music will only become better and better especially now i kinda know what is missing with the tracks i made.

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.