I Am Back Kinda

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sat 8th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Well, it has been a long time since I've been on here posting tunes (life gets in the way sometimes). I am finally settled in a new home cross country and have my studio semi set up and this is the first of what I hope is many more tunes to come.

First off, thanks to Stepa K for sharing his great vocal work. You can find this acapella here:

https://www.looperman.com/acapellas/detail/12103/stepa-k-nothing-left-acapella-120bpm-pop-acapella

His profile can be found here:
    https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/1333884

Now to the nuts and bolts of this exercise. I used a Fender acoustic, PRS electric, Ibanez bass, Zoom G9.2tt effects pedal, Peavey amp, Alesis key board, and Samplitude DAW. All the notes are mine except for one cello loop from Magix and drums are from a friend of mine. The vocals were pitched up from Ab to A. Ozone used for mixing and mastering. As most of you know, I'm almost deaf at this point, so if the mix is off, please let me know. I do most everything by sight and waveforms and it can be a challenge to get things close.

Anyway, it is great to be back among the creative folks here at the Loop. Again, my thanks to Stepa K for sharing his vocal talents. I sincerely hope I did them justice. If you are interested in using this commercially, please contact him as it is his song, not mine. I'll allow downloads until/unless he tells me otherwise. Thanks for listening. I hope all is well.

Here is the link to the tune:
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/197565

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 8th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey Bear! Welcome back man. What do you mean sort of man, this site needs you, your talent, and your music. That is an impressive ensemble of gear and skills you got there Bear, that is why we need you here. Cannot hold great talent like this back. Congrats on the new home and studio, I am certain that we will be hearing lots more from you. Thanks for the update, glad to see that you are back.

Joe

3. 334474
    WaPer : Sat 8th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey Bear nice to see you again here! Welcome back mate!

4. 671112

Hello Barry!

What a cool come back with that outstanding pop track...how is (was) the loop business going (went)???...hope that you won't leave us next time for a long period it was before...

handshake, Danke

5. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 9th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome back. It's always like coming home when I've been gone for a while. Hopefully I'll have some musical treats to share with everyone. I've got a couple of new guitars and a new mandolin so who knows!!

6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 9th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Good to see you back! Hope your break was mostly pleasant.

Maybe this will be inspiration for me to start listening to/commenting on tracks here again. Maybe even uploading.

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 10th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey Bear good to see you mate!..this place has changed in your absence and is now known as Lookingforarapper.com....I'm in the same boat as Spivkurl and I will check your tune soon, cheers buddy

8. 1118799
    Stevejaz : Mon 10th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

When I see such positive comments from Spivkurl and Planetjazzbass my instant reaction is "I've gotta check this out". SO glad I did. NICE
    "Looking fora rapper.com"..LOL.

9. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey Pat, Dave, Steve, it's good to see some "old" friendly faces on here. I laughed about the "Looking for rapper.com" comment too, Dave. Holy cow, I used to think it was bad, but now it's like Craig's List but little to nothing of value to sell, haha. Maybe Shan will get it sorted at some point. Looking forward to catching up with all of you. I hope all is well.

10. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Wed 19th Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Good too see you back Bear :D Same here, been making lemonade with some of life's lemons while slowly settling in to a new home.

11. 308224
    theHumps : Sat 22nd Sep 2018 : 3 years ago

Hey Bear, welcome back!

You're living in my neck of the woods I see. Come on over for a swim sometime! Hope all is well!

Wayne

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.