Other Sites Like Looperman

Posts 1 - 25 of 34
  1. 2431535
    Rockerboi78 : Sun 26th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

It's no question looperman has gone to shite. Are there any other sites like looperman that have the same features and stuff? The people who left this site had to have gone somewhere.

2. 1902994
    Ajerutis : Sun 26th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Hey Rockerboi, I definitely agree with you about the site going to shite, I even thought this site was dying myself. An idea could be that they moved on maybe to a site called Splice. Maybe since its a more updated and premium site. I see lots of ads for the site here on looperman, so that's just a thought.

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 26th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Possibly it is people who are going to shite. How could a community of people not go to shite after this?

What I mean here is - It is our responsibility, each and every one of us, to not be shite. Everything else follows from this.

4. 2703681
    BIPOLARXIETY : Sun 26th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Newgrounds would be something of use to check at least.

5. 1223101
    topclass : Sun 26th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

well I think this is a very good site tbh

6. 2643700
    BaoBou : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Hi Rockerboi, why do you think this site "has gone to shite"?

I've only been here a couple months, but I feel:
    - it really got me going in terms of getting loops that inspired me
    - it gave me a place to post my crap and get feedback
    - it gave me a chance to collaborate with many people
    - it gave me a chance to give back to the community, hoping to inspire others.

If you consider it shite now, it must have been amazing in the past :)

Note: of course this is not the most polished site, but given that this is mostly a one-man operation (from what I can see) I'd say major props to Looperman for doing all this and keeping it (mostly) running.

7. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Rockerboi you have contributed zilch to Looperman, no loops, no tracks and you got the nerve to bash it. You f'n idiot, tear your stupid ass somewhere else! Take that loser Ajerutis with you.

8. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

C'mon Shan, free us from this insidious bullshit! If someone skinflint hasn't put any time or effort in here IMO they have no right to post in the forums.

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@Rockerboi78..I copied this from your profile
    "I unfortunately don't know how to play any instruments"
    ......I suspected as much, you also unfortunately don't know how to think logically if your paltry 10 months here of doing nothing somehow entitles you to pass judgement on the site.

10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Okay, now we wait for the violent backlash.

11. 2461156
    dannyhonestly : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

This is THE site ! When one has to ask about if there are any sites like this one, that says it all. When people come here to download and upload loops,it dont get much better. When people come here looking for attention, I mostly see ignorant posts such as this one. Just keep looking and you just might find a site that will make you a musician yet.....

12. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Mon 27th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@neomorpheus but you have no loops either ~.~

13. 1223101
    topclass : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

my god what's up with you people
    you need to all calm down and take a chill pill
    mind you there are other alternatives such as ambient etc :D

14. 841435
    ValveDriver : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@ Rockerboi - there's nothing stopping you from not using the site. I mean, your .5% contribution isn't exactly holding the place up. I don't think anyone would notice. I'm sure you'll be fine.

@BaoBou - It was amazing in the past. It still is. Right now, the in house trend seems to be bashing the site. It's the same post that's been made several times, not only in the last month, but the last...however many years I've been here. It's a bandwagon topic right now.

@Neo Preach on, brotha-man! I fully agree. Anyone with no content what so ever, and less than a year in the house has no room to bitch. Kick him off the wagon and let the buzzards get 'im.

@aidangrimm - First of all, Neomorpheus has 19 completed tracks uploaded. And That's not only not including the ones he's taken down, but it's more than twice your 7 measly four note loops. The amount of work you put into your entire contributions on this site is barely a fraction of the amount of work he puts into one bar of one track. You've made one comment on one track. Neomorpheus has 324 track comments. So, whether he has 0 loops, or 200 loops doesn't matter. He's an established, respected and highly talented member here that contributes to the site in more ways than one. Once you reach that level of senority here, then you can start talking shit. Until then...you have some work to do, cupcake.

15. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

When all else fails start an internet argument...
    There's similar sites, but only one Looperman. It is what you make it, far from shite to me. So much negativity....

16. 841435
    ValveDriver : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@ Top class. Those of us that have been here for a long time have put in a lot of hard work at keeping the place a respectable community. Then we get these kids coming in here talking shit about it without actually experiencing it to its fullest, or contributing at all. After awhile, we get tired of it, and when they pipe up...so do we. ya dig?

17. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Exactly Aaron. The only shite here is these ridiculous threads by egotistical entitled brats that dont get their way.

18. 2431535
    Rockerboi78 : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Perhaps I should clarify why I think the site is falling apart. All I see is people promoting their soundcloud and "producers" asking for rappers. Maybe I should've said the forum section specifically. But even without the forum section problems; I've noticed people are rapidly leaving the site. So I'm not the only one that thinks the site sucks now.

19. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 28th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Absolutely Rockerboi, I agree with you but you can't blame members for reacting to broad generalisations, it just goes to show how people care about this place and that's what you won't find anywhere else, people that care, hopefully the forum spam situation will be taken care of eventually but it won't help if you jump ship, speak up and focus your grievances at the site administrator. cheers

20. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Wed 29th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@ValveDriver putting tracks on looperman does 0 to give back to the community so idk what you're on about but I can see why you'd get defensive since your profile is the same lol. Also seeing as you haven't heard any of my actual music and you're commenting based on the few loops that I had posted on here before realizing that there's no point of posting loops to a site where you literally get nothing in return from posting your creations. Sure it makes sense in a sort of way that you'd want to give back to the other people who make loops you use, however, the people who's loops are actually worth using most likely don't need other people's loops. Anyways I love this site and I use it all the time, but it simply and obviously has a flawed methodology(especially considering you're not even allowed to ask for credit in any way shape or form), but for as long as people don't realize that they are posting loops for no exposure or profit in anyway whatsoever I guess we'll all keep enjoying their samples! Anyways this is all just to say you sound condescending and rude, and that your tracks that are literally helping no one in the community and your comments that are also most likely just you linking to your use of other people's creativity without credit is not an excuse for you to be a jerk

21. 2516352

@ValveDriver and since thousands of people have used my "7 measly 4 note loops" I would say I've contributed a lot more to the community than you have.

22. 2516352

@ValveDriver after all this is LOOPerman not POSTYOURRANDOMEDMTRASHerman

23. 775891
    Axion : Wed 29th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I agree with OP, but only because I've been a member here for a while. The site is exactly the same as it was when I first joined (in 2012).

It really needs a more welcoming visual appearance and added functionality. I remember trying to make my own theme for this website when I first found it because of the appearance and layout being out of whack. I would have definitely moved on to another site by now if I had found a better alternative.

Keep up with the times. Add continuous playback when traversing the site, update the appearance and functionality, and make a mobile layout so it's not completely horrendous to use on the go. There are obviously more issues to address, but that's where I would start if I had control over what changes are made to this site.

24. 2516352

@axion it would be AMAZING if we had the option to follow certain people as well, for example I love some people's guitar loops but some are just awful, so I would like to follow the ones i trust to make good content.

Something like a tipping feature would be nice as well, cause I personally would like to be able to tip certain people who make amazing samples.

25. 775891
    Axion : Wed 29th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@aidangrimm That sounds like a great idea! Tips would be a great way to support the content creator without being forced to pay for loops/samples.

I believe suggestions to better the site have been proposed in the past, but a very limited amount of suggestions ever really get considered in the end. It's a shame really, as this site could be so much better.

Posts 1 - 25 of 34

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads