No Download No Comment

Posts 1 - 25 of 45
  1. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

It is ridiculous that since I stopped allowing downloads of my tracks people hardly comment or give feedback as before.

This means, previously, they mostly commented because I made it compulsory to comment before a track could be downloaded. Can't people simply give a feedback without expecting something in return anymore? Whenever I come across a good track that I enjoy or a faulty track whose creator needs an advice, I usually drop a feedback to encourage the creator.

This has nothing to do with track quality. In fact, I upload great quality tracks almost everyday.

I get many plays but hardly a comment. This is disappointingly hilarious!

2. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I guess most people won't give something for nothing. I also find that there are a lot of users on here who will download anything that has it enabled and I suspect that a large bulk of these only do so to steal sections of it so I'd take some of the play statistics generally with a pinch of salt.

3. 1902994
    Ajerutis : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

People wont even give something for something nowadays. Even if its more in their favor. Just selfish people everywhere. I know what you guys mean.

4. 1231236
    joecramer : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I think that's because a locked download looks arrogant.
    And most of the time those who download a song are not those who write a comment.
    I wonder something about your statements. Neither did you write any serious comments yourself, nor do you seriously differ in the amount of comments on shared or blocked comments.
    How about making yourself better first? Write sensible comments and not just try to push your own song with a fast written - great, fat, cool, ...

5. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I didn't look until the last comment, but yeah, he's 100% right - 4 out of the last 5 of your comments are the word 'Nice'. I suspect this is purely to push your tracks up on the featured tracks right? Perhaps you should first consider if you're any better than the people you're complaining about.

6. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

more times then not people down load a track too listen too on a better media player ive listened too one my tracks wich got comments for for bad sound befor and when I listened too it some times it streamed correct other times it didn't sound like same song also better too listen too the file then too rely on bandwith to dliver that perfect play people don't always down load too keep song some songs no need too down load streamed ok

7. 2615019

when my song sounded not same id refresh page and it sound better listeners wont go thru that trouble they just asoom that's way it sounds

8. 2615019

wich is why downloading is better if you want too give feedback on a song

9. 2615019

and get the true depth of the song

10. 2615019

I think these sights need beter media options as amature music requires a media player with an equalizer any way

11. 2615019

so if too much bass or too much midrange tinty ect you can adjust it too a suitable level

12. 1115991
    Unknown User : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Well, and from what I get by this thread is that you kind of expect a comment. Its the same thing, just from around the corner. Cruel world *g No expectations = no suffering. Enjoy the listenings instead. Maybe that will go down, too, after this thread. You never know.

13. 2654697
    Oldrockandroller : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Expect little from the people of this world, and you will not be disappointed. Give, and you will have in you something nobody can take away; the knowledge of knowing you are not one of the sorry people who cares less for others. Welcome to this world

14. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I mean, you did comment on my 'ILP - Gotta Try' track...but all you said was "nice". That's almost more offensive to me than not commenting at all.

Think about it.

Let's say theoretically you have a friend who is a painter. You go to his house and he tells you that he'd like to show you his most recent work. He takes it out, you look at it and say "nice". Pretty lacking in description and actually very offensive, to serious artists anyways.

15. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 24th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

You have gotten several responses which pretty much sum things up.

With how the featured tracks section is set up, one of the benefits of giving comments is getting your featured track to the top of the list. Many of your comments expose a thoughtless abuse of this system.

From the other point of view, those who do not use the featured track section, or have no tracks uploaded... there are few reasons for them to comment on tracks. These people are what we call "inactive." They do not contribute to the site, one way or the other. They take what they can get.

So, the logical conclusion for me, is that most of those comments you were previously receiving were only placed in order to get something for free.

If you had a more than one or two real fans commenting, you should be pleased. If you had some real impressions from someone who may not be a fan, another reason to be happy. If, on the other hand, you are posting tracks to get constructive criticism and feedback - Then your best bet is to try giving some of the same.

You may not feel like an expert or knowledgeable, I don't know. Either way, you most likely know what you like or don't like. Listen to people's tracks, and tell them exactly that, if you are unable to think of anything else.

16. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Fri 24th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

@spivkurl "With how the featured tracks section is set up, one of the benefits of giving comments is getting your featured track to the top of the list. Many of your comments expose a thoughtless abuse of this system."

Oh wow. I didn't know that. Suddenly the context of his comment makes sense...

Thanks for the info.

17. 186161

Then again, maybe the OP also did not know this. Doubtful.

Either way, it leaves me with one question. "How often in this life do we get something for nothing?" The general answer that comes to mind - "As often as it is offered."

18. 522916

Hear, hear!

Also the old adage..."gotta spend money to make money". Truly applies across the board.

19. 186161

Or, if one is partial to counterfeiting... "gotta make money to spend money."

20. 522916

Haha. I'd rather avoid rotting away in a cold cell.

21. 1327867
    YogeshST : Fri 24th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

My Every Track Is Like That People Just Comment For Downloading And I'm Here Expecting Some Genuine Comments for my song!!!

22. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Fri 24th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

My response is not showing up.

23. 2371546

@joecramer, what may be sensible to you may be nonsense to me and vice versa. If I like a track and decide to drop a comment, I write how I feel. There's no rule for that. How you do yours is not my business. Most people appreciate my feedback, that's all that matters to me.

24. 2371546

& @Spivkurl, How is using a system according to the exact rules put in place by Looperman website owner, a thoughtless abuse? It absolutely makes no sense. You use it always, so you are unqualified to criticize anyone who does. If you don't like this feature, you know who to contact. Besides, I only comment on tracks I like.

25. 2654697
    Oldrockandroller : Fri 24th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Sunbeats; Some (more than not) people have forgot what their Moma always told them to say when someone gave them something. She'd say, "What do you say? Thank You!".
    Just enjoy creating your music, and if you wish to or not share, either way is okay. I myself watch the number of downloads to see if people like it. I hope all goes well for you.

Posts 1 - 25 of 45

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads