Here Is How To Improve The Site With A Simple Change

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 1547231
    Lek : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against SoundCloud - nobody has yet informed me of a better site to host my tracks, however I am getting slightly bored of the forum thread replies by users which contain a link to it for no good reason other than to promote themselves. A good case in point:

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/189802/new-producer-hi-everyone

Surely the phrase 'soundcloud.' could be filtered/removed from all comments? I know someone can still indirectly include a reference to their SoundCloud profile, but it wouldn't be a direct link, that's my point. I mean you could make it a bit cleverer so that removes slashes etc. as well but this would be a good start and would be really easy to do.

2. 2643700
    BaoBou : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Or, alternatively, have one spam thread where people can post their soundcloud profile.

I actually enjoy seeing people's profiles occasionally. IF the music is good, that's great, and if the music is crap, then at least it makes me feel a bit better about my own crap ;)

3. 1547231

Yeah, but nobody is going to abide by that rule, they want to post their SoundCloud profile link in as many places as possible. I get it that people want to promote their profile on here, but, well just don't.

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I'd really like to weigh in on this and lend my support but I've been flogging this dead horse of a topic for years and nothing has been done or changed, so good luck with your recommendations you'll need it.

5. 1547231

Thanks! This would be such a simple change though so I really don't understand why it hasn't already been done. Oh well, I live in hope.

6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

It is just a strange thing to allow. Personally, I've had links to my own domain removed from my track descriptions. It seems like these soundcloud spams would be removed right away.

Maybe these soundcloud spammers have become a target user base of looperman, as in they are deemed more likely to click through ads. It's possible.

7. 841435
    ValveDriver : Wed 22nd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I think you just hit the nail on the head, Pat.

8. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 22nd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Yeah, sadly I think you might be right. There appears to be no other explanation.

9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 22nd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

My paranoia strikes again... lol.

But seriously, I have only ever seen the ads on this site as a freak occurrence. Sorry Shan.

10. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 22nd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

An obvious dilemma with the deeming so it seems, I deem the deeming has become desultory, we need better deeming!

11. 1115991
    Unknown User : Thu 23rd Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

BaoBou has a point there. One Thread for all the clouds to pour their goods onto the earfields..

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads