About To Buy My First Drum Kit

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 1079938
    TyWayne : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I'm toying with the idea of buying my first drum kit and learning it and what not, just looking for suggestions from y'all good people here lol.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--GRECM1E826 This is what I'm looking at,a drummer friend of mine told me its a good starter kit. Looking for a few more opinions on what I should start with and what not

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I'm not really a drummer, but it looks like a nice set. I've known Gretsch to make other worthwhile instruments. I applaud you for learning an instrument!

I ended up with a Simmons SD1000 electronic drum set not long ago. Even with moving my studio to a larger room, still haven't completely set it up due to space.

3. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

That is definitely a nice kit bro. Most starter kits don't include that many toms, but yeah I would go for as many as you can afford. Also I hope your aware that this does not include the cymbals as shown in the picture. And cymbals and stands are not cheap! Your going to need a high hat, a medium ride and large crash. Also your most likely going to want to upgrade your base drum kick pedal, especially if you intend to do any rock or metal. Check out double kick chain drive models.

4. 2099354
    garrison02 : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

I've never played a Gretsch kit before, but Pearl has never let me down. If you are willing to pay the extra for a kit that will last a life time, check out DW. Roland is the best for electronic. (I am a drummer). I have had a Simmons kit and currently have a Roland TD-15 kit, It's amazing. But for sure get DW pedals and stands, they are the best by far. Zildjian cymbals or Sabian cymbals are gonna be what you are gonna want. You are def gonna want to spend money on cymbals. Just get a set of 3 though (Hi hats, ride, and crash)

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.