See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Most Producers I See On Here Are Quickly Liabilities

Posts 1 - 22 of 22
  1. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Not being hateful or anything. It's just that when I try to build an actual business relationship with people on this site in the trap/hip hop genre, they don't correspond with the agenda at hand, which is to make a collaborative project. So far, I get users to reply, but after a few messages, the whole thing falls off completely.

I'll keep posting loops because I love this website for the selections people give and how they're mostly praised for it. But Until we get some serious people trying to make it somewhere with trap music, I'm not partnering with anyone on here.

2. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

im hearin ya bro.. in genral speaking i mean like everyone quick with the hype and front drop some reps spam links at you meanwhile the actual product the marketing hype and projected image has gone to they head or something idk man...
    me and a mate other side of country flick bits at each other like open deck dj set type stuff or start of something that didnt pan out straight away or whatever for collabs but completion rate is low, searched hi n low 4 dnb grime type rappers and hybrid dudes who got bars for real not just the hype and the initial contact is sweet then that end of story lol i have a few dudes drop freestyles or they style vocals on my stuff consistant but i drifted towards the hard bass hybrid type dj stuff from playing off launch pads i not in it for a dollar though at the moment just nothing interest me beside make music anymore interaction an learn from others techniques to try and networking all i after lol i dont have any friends not online after mental illness and then getting disabled.. lol..
    i like your loops bro ive grabbed em as seen em randomly always happy to see stuff without the...xxx.type.. label fresh and original the key ... why i stopped listen to radio like 5 years ago if i heard another classic from the 70s was gunna blow up lmao...

3. 1839240
    Format : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

I've experienced the same thing. In the past I've grabbed beats off user pages to "collab." There is nothing like building something from the ground with another creator though. Have found it hard to connect on here. Love the site too and will keep on posting and listening though. Staying optimistic.

4. 1839240
    Format : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

I've experienced the same thing. In the past I've grabbed beats off user pages to "collab." There is nothing like building something from the ground with another creator though. Have found it hard to connect on here. Love the site too and will keep on posting and listening though. Staying optimistic.

5. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

ill just flick you couple examples i have here and if wanna swap loops to play with hit me up a loop kit of mine was free pack of the week last week at soundshock audio .. was so happy lmao..

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

What do you expect, the trouble with this whole "producer" thing is you people have absolutely no idea how to actually form any sort of proper rapport and connect with people, you can't do it by advertising, all that does is attract wannabees deadbeats that don't now their right foot from their left. Now listen up here's how you do it, first off you have to be prepared to work at forming a relationship first and the best way to do it here on Looperman is to listen to others people's material that you like and then you interact by reviewing and receiving reviews, now if in this process a chord is struck between yourselves the prospect of a collaboration can be raised, you get the drift here, you can't just shout out and expect things to suddenly fall into your lap, it requires patience and respect not attitude and wham bang thank you homie. It's pathetic seeing all the wasted space and useless replies in the collaboration section here that will never go anywhere, I have zero sympathy for your failed collaborative attempts, learn how to interact and you might just get your acts together some day.

7. 2192319

Well geez my friend, it's not like I do these intentionally as of now. I understand about building a relationship and so far I've worked with a few artist that I can say will be good enough to even be great friends, but I'm just basically agreeing with you in a way that's explained differently.

In the Trap/hip hop genre, even if you do get the people who actually want to work with you from comments and such of the like, it still doesn't work out. Some are even great at what they do and it just doesn't work out.

I'm not complaining about the situation, but it's a known issue that's on Looperman that doesn't get talked about much as I've seen so far.

8. 2192319

@eggs0ntoast You have some pretty unique stuff, yo. It's not my style so I won't be into it, but you got something good ahead of you!

9. 1250729
    Paganini : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Don't cut it off completely; you'll end up stumbling on someone who's actually willing to work.

Remind yourself every single time that most people here are under the age of 18 and have no knowledge on how things work.

10. 1041668
    wikkid : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Hi BlackMansta10,

I'm going to echo what a few other posters have stated. It takes time to find and to form a good, and lasting business collaboration.

Full disclosure: I've used a number of your loops to build complete songs, but I'm not ready to post them just yet, since I'm new to trap and I want to make sure I do the genre justice. When I say complete songs, I mean with lead and backing vocals and lyrics, in addition to adding other instruments.

Also remember that sometimes life issues can interrupt. But going back to my main point, all of us have various time tables. When you can find someone who lines up with yours, and have the same goals you have, the wait will be worth it. More than anything, you want to find someone who can match your output for creativity. Many will respond, but only a few will be able to compliment your music, and make changes from constructive criticism. That's ultimately what you're looking for in a collaboration. That both of you come to the table with something to offer each other.

My best to you.

11. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

I am surprise that no one has mentioned that trap is a genre which is almost completely intertwined with the culture of hard drugs and partying. This does not exactly lend itself to meeting responsible and dedicated musicians/friends/lovers/whatever. There are exceptions, but they are only that.

12. 1041668
    wikkid : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Spivkurl,

Would you not agree that "hard drugs and partying" has been used to label not just trap, but rock music in general, as well as sub-genres?

I will agree that many of the top trap artists put on a persona that have all the ""trappings" of that lifestyle (excuse the pun). But there are producers, writers and artists who realize they don't want to be one hit wonders, and what the public sees is nothing like who they really are in private. You'll know them by their longevity, as with any artist.

Most of the up and coming producers I've run into are in college or working a nine to five. They're creating music, and imho that's where most of their time is spent.

13. 293573
    Spudsy : Sun 19th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Straight up man,
    Your beats all sound the same.
    They use the same kick and snare each time,
    You use the same piano sound,
    The same bass Sound,
    The same 808 hits,
    Half your tunes are distorted and so, unlistenable to.

I hear your not happy with other peoples work ethic but I don't really think you should be complaining when you need some spit and polish on your work.

This is predominantly a hobbyist site, and a lot of people on here make their music in there spare time. So what if they fizzle out, it happens man. move on. but dont be an ass about it.

Not saying I am the best here, I know I am not. And i'm not trying to start an argument but seriously dude, tend to your own garden before you complain about other people.

14. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

@Spudsy Yo, It's not about what I put out that matters. I know I'm not perfect, I very much know that from later experience. But that don't mean I'm complaining. I'm just saying that's what I've been seeing from trying to build past relations, be it business or not.

All I'm talking about on this thread is when it comes to most trap beat makers on here, how come we can't make a better connection between each other to make something great. And apparently it's not only me, but multiple people have dealt with this as well.

If you're trying to dog me out from my own thoughts on the issue by thinking I'm an ass and throwing WHAT I do and HOW I do onto the table, go ahead. But it's irrelevant from what I'm stating.

15. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

@Paganini No joke, really? I guess that explains a lot! Now it's become harder. xD

16. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Some of the best druggiest sounding pieces of work come from the soberist of artists.

17. 293573
    Spudsy : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

@BlackMansta10

Believe it or not dude I have just given you some of the best advice you will hear.

I'll put it another way.

Let's say for example you make house and your called Calvin Harris.

Do you think people let him down on a collab? Or David Guetta? Or Busta Rhymes, or Drake etc....

You think I'm being an ass or talking about I different subject when the fact of the matter is you need to make yourself the person people ASK to collab with. Not the one who goes around asking.

Especially when you are going to be bad mouthing other users work ethic..

Peace..

18. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Straight from the wiki regarding trap music... "The term "trap" referred to places where drug deals take place."

This is not the case with most genres whether old or new.

19. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

I cant really lend much to the conversation in terms of experience with internet business collaboration, but I can speak from my years of experience of actually playing in various bands and working directly with people (well.. musicians). Even on a face to face level, musicians have proven to be some of the most unreliable and least trustworthy types I have ever worked with. Compound that with the fact your expecting to meet, work with and enter into business deals with complete strangers and those you have very little to absolutely no means of effectively verifying their credentials and credibility and I think this is clearly not a quote/unquote "Looperman" issue. It has amazed me since the very first time I realized that this was actually something that many people were trying to do. Personally I think the whole idea is absurd or at the least incredibly stupid. I would never conduct any kind of business arrangement without personally meeting those I intended to do business with. But, having said that I am aware that it is possible and being done with a certain amount of success. I tend to believe that the failures far out weigh the successes though. The only point I want to make is, I wish people would quit blaming Looperman for all their problems. I do think that everybody who has responded here has tried to be kind but realistically Crucethus probably gave the most honest response. Get real man, its more fun.

20. 1041668
    wikkid : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Spivkurl,

You're taking it literally.
    It's no secret that some artists, not just trap artists either sold or used drugs. Some consider it street cred, but not everyone has had to go that route.

But since you're using Wiki as your source, then its important to read the full article on how Trap evolved.

Still, if we were to do a run down on how many artists have overdosed (RIP Jimi Hendricks, Janus Joplin, Prince, Michael J, David Ruffin and countless others) or recently admitted drug use and are currently in rehab, then you'd have to include Pop, R&B, Rock, past and present.

21. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 20th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

To the op, this is a classic Looperman forum reaction, while some responses might seem a little aggressive (including mine) their actually not at all so don't take them personally, it's just plain good advice from people that have been around the block a few times...@ Ed , spot on man! and some of the most banal boring music that has ever been created is by dudes that are higher than kites.

22. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Tue 21st Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

@Neomorpheus I can agree with that. I understand @Planetjazzbass, just not that used to it. :)

Posts 1 - 22 of 22

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums