Something That Has Been On My Mind Lately

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 2388403
    therednebula : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Ok, I have been making music for sometime now and I have post music to this site and on youtube and I am proud of my work but I still feel guilty and terrible for using loops and samples that wasnt my work.
    I first discovered this site when I was on a quest to find loops and samples and It spoiled me ever sense because I kept coming back for more and more loops for songs mainly because it made my music better. I have made songs that im really proud of but I know deep down in the back of my head, 70 to 90 percent of the song is not my work all I did was arrange sounds around and all this has made me feel like im not talented and I take other peoples loops and samples and use them and I have a BAD habit of crediting the people who have made the loops at first I tracked down all the usernames and make a list of all the people that I had use loops from and later on I felt that this method was too much work so then all I did was say in the description of my music videos on youtube was "loops are found on looperman.com" (if you havent figured it out, im lazy)
    too anyone that has made loops on this site that I used loops from, I just want to say im sorry and from this day forward im going to do better at crediting and I have been trying to make my own sounds and loops to make my music more original.
    if you read this all the way through, thank you for your time!
    and once again im sorry for being a cancer in the music community, Im going to try better for now on... have a good day!

2. 2602711
    zahar123212 : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Yo bro many producers use it, don't worry

3. 2703681
    BIPOLARXIETY : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Big industry people like Scarlxrd has used loops from here, don't worry.

4. 782612
    40A : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

understandable

5. 2615019
    damonb : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

its a different thing but still an art more like putting together your own puzzle of sound the loops are just puzzle pieces too your puzzle there is so much you can do with sound making an abstract form of what it used too be

6. 2615019

when you can take any puzzle part from many different puzzle kits not related and fit those parts with parts not ment too fit that's an art of its own

7. 2615019

I cant speak for every one but when I see what some people do with an idea I had and put there own spin on it it sometimes blows my mind

8. 2615019

making your own music is an art it is creative taking a sound and melting it down recycleing that sound into a new form is also creative

9. 2615019

a lot like trick Photography and special effects imageing they take some ones picture that somebody els took and reform it into another picture

10. 2615019

when I listen too a lot of music online I here so many loops that are in my collection I collect loops from loop royalty free made by lables like primeloops bluezone blackoctapuss many more and I own most of them and they tend too pop out at me when I here them used as even a lot of original artist are guilty of using a loop in there original track as a secondary instrument they don't play

11. 2388403
    therednebula : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

thank you guys, yall make me feel better.

12. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Red,

Stop apologizing already I'm about to tear up !
    Its ok to use loops for your music, it's the main focus of this web site and what the Looperman community was built on. You are a product of the modern age of music and what you are doing is not unethical or illegal. I can however understand your feelings and if you really want to be able to claim more ownership and personal satisfaction with your creation then yes you should consider becoming more adept as a musician. What your essentially doing here is evolving. Your interest in music has now gone beyond that of just listening to it for enjoyment. Producing your own tracks from loops and samples has taught you some important elements of the creative process and is now inspiring you to take it to the next level. That's what's so amazing about this modern age of music technology. Back in the day you basically had to choose an instrument, struggle to learn how to play, then join a band, ensemble, orchestra etc. to be able to make music. Not any more. You can do it all right from your home studio. But yeah, I hear what your saying and encourage you to take the next step bro. You don't necessarily have to buy an instrument, start with a vst and try programming. The sky is the limit right now. Go for it. But don't feel like you have to 100% create everything. As mentioned, a lot of professional musicians use samples and virtual instruments. Just make sure if you intend to market your tracks that you are not using anything that is copyright protected or owned by someone else. Good luck.

13. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 15th Aug 2018 : 1 year ago

Your profile says that you are in the process of learning to play guitar, so you are already on the right track! Get the set up to record it, and you will be quickly replacing loops with your own original compositions.

If you go the route of using a microphone to record the guitar amplifier, then you will have a microphone. This will not only give you the capability to record vocal parts yourself, but the opportunity to record/sample anything which makes sound. Practice getting a good recording from a microphone, and you will be well ahead of many computer based musicians.

The availability of loops and samples online is a mixed blessing. When I first started out, samples (whether free or not) were difficult to find. It was much easier to just pick up instruments and start recording. Now, it is easy to do either one. Get a good balance going, and you will expand your musical range.

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads