Electronic Music Influences

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 796294
    silverman : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 6 days ago John Michelle Jarre and Kraftwerk etc were big shit in the 70's early 80's
    Listening to these then Gods now sounds rather flat but to enjoy that buzz again I just discovered this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYIYN8Li6ZY
  2. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Sat 11th Aug 2018 : 6 days ago Ever heard of Biosphere? Should look up "Biosphere - Substrata" and get ready for a trip... ;)
  3. 2255594
    slava72 : Sat 11th Aug 2018 : 5 days ago For me Jarres "Oxigen" is the "etalon" of electronic music, in my opinion it is his best work,unfortunataly i think his latest albums kind of sucks-"Electroica" for example,but i love watching his concerts on youtube, when he and his band playng old good staff on old vintage sinth. and instruments-row honest sound and no playback.
  4. 1626182
    SimilarSystem : Sun 12th Aug 2018 : 5 days ago For me it's definitely Aphex Twin, he's an encouraging example that you don't have to appeal to mainstream taste to make a name for yourself. His stuff always explores aspects of music you might not usually think about which helps get the creative juices flowing.

Also Gyosen Asokura is awesome, he's a Buddhist priest who makes IDM to attract the younger generations. He has some awesome vids on youtube where he'll set up light shows in temples to his music.
  5. 2715019
    NadaCollectiveOrg : Sun 12th Aug 2018 : 5 days ago More suggestions: Yello, Sphongle, Kaya Project...
    You find some of them on internet radio Psychedelik.com

Enjoy.
  6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 12th Aug 2018 : 5 days ago Some of my faves...

Mark Walk, who basically makes Ohgr albums sound like they do. Unfortunately he does not generally tour with Ohgr. :(

Cevin Key, one of the founding members of Skinny Puppy, but also an awesome solo musician. Check out "The Ghost of Each Room," GREAT album.

Brian Eno! If you like or make electronic music and have not listened to Eno, then it will be hard for me to take you seriously. "Another Green World," "Nerve Net," and "Wrong Way Up" (With John Cale) are my personal favorites.

That's the best recommendations I can come up with right now.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track