My First Song Looking For Criticism

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 1463856
    laerisreal : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Hey Looperman. This past week, I released my first single with a fellow Memphis rapper, Fresco Trey. I was very nervous to release my first song, as I didn't know how anyone would take it. Anyways, I would love for anyone to give it a listen, give some feedback, or just chat with me about music. It would mean a ton. I am also open to collaborations if anyone is interested. Thanks and have a great day. - Steven
  2. 1463856
    laerisreal : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago The link is
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/196834
  3. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Hello laerisreal, can you be more specific as to your involvement with the song? Did you take care of the composition, mixing and mastering or were you the vocalist?

Either way, super chill beat. I dig! My only constructive criticism is that the bass should punch through the mix more. I find myself desiring to hear more low frequencies as the song goes on.

Really great work though for a first release! Congrats! Now begins the long road of evolving as an artist with all of it's exhilarating ups and dizzying downs! No matter what though, always continue to press forward!!

Cheers.
  4. 1463856
    laerisreal : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago I new I was forgetting something. I clipped the sample for the guitar, as well as sang the hook!
  5. 2158587
    Audioendo : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago 1. Cool chill, smooth groove

2. The guitar lick is nice, however, I can hear a ton of the amp. Obviously this is a sample as you mentioned, but I would try to take out some of the amp and possibly even EQ and Compress the guitar. Maybe even add a soft light verb?

3. I believe the Vocal could be gained a couple of db as the guitar seems to be almost overshadowing and competing with the vocal.

4. Dig the hook vocal with the FX.

5. The track doesn't really have a format but it definitely works for what it is.

Overall, its got a really nice vibe IMO (in my opinion), but as far as production goes, the overall mix could be louder and a touch more detailed.

Good job.
  6. 1041668
    wikkid : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Hello,

I think I recognize the sample, but I want to confirm something first. Did you by any chance take this straight off of an already recorded song that has a copyright on it? (I noticed you placed a copyright symbol on your piece, but if you just sampled the guitar from an already created and recorded tune, that negates your copyright, plus its against the terms of this site).

Or perhaps you legally paid for the sample by contacting the artist's record company and getting permission.

Please understand, it's important to learn about the laws regarding the music industry if you truly want to work in it.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured RnB Track