Copyrights - Sample From Replayed Records

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 920952
    zipbass : Tue 31st Jul 2018 : 11 months ago

Hello, can you tell me if my sample can stay on looperman ? I don't care about commercial use or not. I know I upload my samples here for free and no regards. But do I have the right to post here some replayed track already exist ?
    I don't know if I make me well understood, I'm french sorry.

For exemple a sample come from (I mean musically of course) :
    The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On (1979)
    https://youtu.be/fOaxEa5ONJw
    I replayed with the bass :
    https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/133967/bass-funk-goes-on-110-110bpm-funk-bass-guitar-loop

Does I have the right to upload this type of "replayed" part here ?

If it's not I delete these samples quickly.
    Thank you for your lights.

2. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Tue 31st Jul 2018 : 11 months ago

You cannot upload any music protected under copyright, that's a pretty good guide to go by. Even if you re-record it and do it your own way, you still can't do it. Reason being on this site that other people can now download that sample and use it in their music and potentially sell it. That's when a PRO (Performance Rights Organization) will getcha.

3. 1041668
    wikkid : Tue 31st Jul 2018 : 11 months ago

You've got a number of basslines from copyrighted and well known R&B songs.

You could wait on Looperman to contact you and delete them, but my advice would be to delete them, because what you've done is against the terms of service here.

Not sure what the reasoning was behind it, since your bass skills are nice. But you'd get more respect and downloads (in my opinion) uploading some original basslines, since the loops you've uploaded will limit the users because of the copyright laws, and because the basslines are recognizable.

4. 920952
    zipbass : Tue 31st Jul 2018 : 11 months ago

OKI deleted the samples. Than you for your Lights.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.