WHY Is This Community Falling Apart

Posts 1 - 22 of 22
  1. 1391143
    sunnydas01 : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago I've been a part of looperman for about 5 or 6 years now uploading music here. I've been getting feedback from at least 5 to 10 people within a day, fixing issues in the song, and then uploading on soundcloud, but not promoting it here like a lot of the community seems to do now a days. Now when I try to get feedback on a track, I only get solid feedback from one individual, who I know has been around for years.

Heres the difference of feedback i've received since 2016 and today

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/179873

Today
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/196058

I dont mean to promote myself in any way but do you see how much things have changed?

Can anyone suggest a way we can revert this community from a bunch of soundcloud clout chasers to just a music community where we help each other out?
  2. 1391143
    sunnydas01 : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago If anyone has a connection w/ looperman admins, can we suggest a separate forum for promotion of music and collaborations? And a separate one for advice or anything else?
  3. 1483495
    TRE24 : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago A new collaboration section has apparently been in the works.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/184658/started-coding-new-collaborate-section-ideas-welcome
  4. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago Heres another thread with similar subject matter.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/189458/wtf-this-is-not-the-looperman-i-knew
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago Sorry sunnydas01, I don't feel much sympathy for your situation. Considering the lack of participation that your profile shows, your track comment results are actually quite good.

For example, you have only commented on five tracks in your entire time here... sure maybe a few tracks which had your comments were deleted later on, still it is a very small amount for 3 years (which is what it says on your profile, and not 5-6 years). Also, you have not uploaded any loops or other non track content to share.

You should be happy with the comments you've been getting.

Otherwise, use the way the site is set up to encourage more. Feature a track, and post useful comments on other people's tracks. If there is any reason that this community is falling apart, this would be the first on my list - people expecting feedback without giving any to others.
  6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 12th Jul 2018 : 2 months ago To follow up...

I have been on this site for nine years, as stated in my profile. I have only commented one track in the past five months, due to other endeavors. However, even with any commented tracks which have been deleted in this nine years, my profile still lists 5703 comments which I have left on tracks.

That is an average of 633.666 track comments per year. This means that for me to leave the amount of comments that you have left in your three years here would have taken me an average of THREE DAYS. This is not even to bring up the quality of the comments.

You are allowed 3000 characters for a track comment, which is quite a bit of conversation. Get engaged in the songs. Say what you like about it, and what you don't. Tell how the song makes you feel. Let the artist know what you might have done with parts of the song. Thank them for sharing it.

This is not bragging, it is simply a scientific method to show you an extreme example of how little you have contributed in your time.
  7. 1250729
    Paganini : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Something something I don't like the recent comments
    something something the community went full 180

The community isn't falling apart, maybe your mind is.
  8. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago you have too give too get yo give somebody a comment they will check your stuff out and return it most likely it works that way on all similar sights I come across this one community few years back cant remember what it was but if you wanted too upload a song you had too listen too 5 songs and give feed back too earn your upload each time but yea you gota give too get support gos 2 ways
  9. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago ok I have checked out your track links and im not getting what your talking about a bout your getting a good amount of good feedback on those links I would have left you feedback but I don't know what too say those songs are someone elses songs and are on the radio call me dumb but I didn't know you could post copyrighted songs or remixes on here not trying too be rude just don't know what to say or what you want
  10. 688110
    syncdiversity : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago hi, about feedback on your track and visitors on yoru tracks depends also how active you are on other peoples tracks. the more active you are commenting the higher your track will be in the rating. personally i dont really care about exposure here at all. as i dont really see this website for promotion. i share here my acapella work and music so upcoming artists can learn from it. regards Friso from Sync Diversity
  11. 688110
    syncdiversity : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago oh and by the way i was just checking the featured track list. i really see crappy produced tracks on the first page. even if you high ranked with your track on this website it doesnt mean at all by definition that the music is good. One of hte reasons i dont really care about exposure or ranking on this website. its just a friendly community. I am already happy i can live from my job as musician! i know for sure that 90 percent of this community cant!
  12. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago I don't understand sampleing other peoples music very interesting too read copy right court cases the effect it has on the true artist like when queen and bowie coalbed under pressure now there stuck in colab with vanilla ice and he wasn't invited or the verve bitter sweet syphony sampled stones it won a gramy for mc jager keith Richards because copyrights the verve made nothing mc hamer same cant touch this sampled rick james superfreak rick james got the mony and the gramy in his name as composer dalasole complained that there court case loss would kill hiphop a gnre that is all about sampling the other side argued that sampleling is stealing or radio head creep without that stolen song there be no radio head there is loads very interest google copyright court case triles theres so many and the results are very interesting
  13. 688110
    syncdiversity : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago hmmm i asked the same question once to a friend of mine hwo is active in the hiphop scene his answer was that the hiphop scene grew up with sampling by making their beats. maybe t hat is true but i still dont understand it why they are using copytright materials . sometimes i use samples in my productions but every sample i use is cleared from any copyright. But again most of my work is my own work!!! one a week our management is going in the internet and searching for copyright infringement involving our acapellas and tracks. and what they find is 90 percent of the bootlegs are coming from hiphop related productions. and you know most of those assholes are rude as hell. often i recieve emails from hiphop producers angry emails that their youtube channel or soundcloud got banned by us and they are threatening us with the most crazy deathwishes!
  14. 1231236
    joecramer : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago I can answer your question …..
    Watch your two links!
    YOU make it fall apart. The old posting had 8 comments on your track and only one -ONE- answer/thankyou from your side. The newer has 11 different listener who wrote a comment for you and you answered 3 different listener …..
  15. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago the most interesting case id have too say was 2 live crew against roy orbison pretty woman roy obison refused to let them do it he want nothing to do with them and said it would reflect a bad name on him 2 live crew did it any way it went too court and 2 live crew won be cause judge said it was a parody pretty woman so then it became leagle to do a parody of copy right music a play on the song
  16. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago parody like Cheech in chong born in east la orany of weird al yankovich its leagle too doa copyrighted song in that way parody form but still associates you with the true artist weather they want too be or not
  17. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago There's much more to being an artist than...people commenting on your tracks. Damn. Aim higher.

There has been multiple posts lately saying "what happened to Looperman" and when I read that I don't know WTF you're talking about.

I've been here for 7 years and this community is as great as it's ever been. I have met several really great artists and people especially as of late, and that means more to me than a comment on my track.

Maybe you just don't understand very well what it means to network with folks and hey that's not a diss or a bad thing or something you should get upset about - everyone has to learn!

Instead of hoping for comments on your tracks, establish relationships with folks and make sure you're genuine about it which means NOT just talking about yourself all the time. Last thing you want is to come across as a narcissistic douchebag, people appreciate it when you take the time to understand them just as much as you'd like them to understand you.

Cheers.
  18. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago I have seen this same cry baby thread re created multiple times. People wanting to blame Looperman for not getting enough attention. What, did your parents not show you enough love as a baby? Maybe its the opposite and they spoiled you rotten and now you expect us to follow suit. Whatever the reason is please understand we are not here to babysit or koochie-koo anyone. Not going to happen. Also, other people on here don't owe you a thing and they sure as hell most likely wont acknowledge or respect you if you come across as some kind of a whiny little piss ant adolescent. AND, while I'm in the mood to dole out some tough love...let me address this a$$hole:

"oh and by the way i was just checking the featured track list. i really see crappy produced tracks on the first page. even if you high ranked with your track on this website it doesnt mean at all by definition that the music is good. One of hte reasons i dont really care about exposure or ranking on this website. its just a friendly community. I am already happy i can live from my job as musician! i know for sure that 90 percent of this community cant!"

What kind of self absorbed moron comes on here and thinks he can go around calling other peoples efforts crappy? I don't care how great you think you are, that shit don't fly in my book. You can consider yourself fortunate if what you say is true and you are able to make a living off other peoples talent, because you probably wouldn't make it otherwise. I mean that whole paragraph is an astounding example of illiteracy. I really question why someone of your great stature and high level of success really needs to lower him self by coming here? You got some apologizing to do mister or I may be forced to call your parents !
  19. 1293607
    Venuslove : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Just focus on the positive and not dwell on all the BS. It's a great site still
  20. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago A few things to consider for the OP, nobody really gives a toss about you, however if you make an effort to communicate through reviews of other people's material things can change, but that's only a small part of Looperman. And speaking of which the site is definitely not falling apart it's more active then ever in certain areas, sure I complain a lot about wanted ads in the forums and I'd like to see that change but put that down to my inter generational intolerance of buffoonery, there is plenty going on that's totally positive like Mr.Consciousentity's competitions, Syncdiversity's good advice, Spivkurl's incredible review rate (amongst other things), Neomorpheus's no bullshit situation appraisals, just to name a few respondents to this thread and there's much much more, the bottom line is if you want a set of steak knives with your purchase you have to pay for an article that is only available within a specific offer ..as in giving something back to Looperman first.
  21. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Thu 9th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago @Planetjazzbass ^Hear, hear! (also thanks for the shout-out!)
  22. 2689091
    Joeyjoejoejoe : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 1 month ago Dude, you got called out pretty good. But don't take it wrong and get butt hurt.

You got some good feedback in this thread that you can learn from and will help you going forward.

If you are at all serious about your music, you are going to have to interact and work with a lot of different people.

People who are serious and passionate about what they do don't like being bullshitted or given attitude. 2 things you did in your OP. And people called you out.

Seems to me your expectations are already out of wack. Think small steps. Have a vision and set goals. Then go about reaching those goals step by step.

If you think you're gonna step to the front of the line, aint gonna happen. Stay humble and treat others you come across (fellow producers, artists, bloggers, etc) with respect and humility and they will want to work with you and help you out. And without help, you are going nowhere.

BTW, the one dude posting about his success and how others suck...you're not impressing or fooling anyone.
Posts 1 - 22 of 22

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track