WTF This Is Not The Looperman I Knew

Posts 1 - 25 of 67
  1. 299349
    DJsynthiziz : Sat 7th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago yo this is stupid. this site used to be like a family. I have been a part of the looperfam for over 8 years now. I would post a track and get mad feedback, now not one mafu#$%r will say anything about what you have done?!?! I used to love it here but now everyone is only out for themselves. its whatever man, if you are going to be one a social music site, at least come together and support one another.
  2. 2431535
    Rockerboi78 : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago Yeah I agree man, this site has gone to shite. It's nothing but a bunch of soundcloud promoters now
  3. 841435
    ValveDriver : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago So, why does no one tell these soundclowns to either post their tracks here, or not at all? That's what we used to do. Why did we stop?
  4. 2255594
    slava72 : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago Soundcloud Clowns will not post tracks here-nobody would "klick" magic "play" botton on they "tracks" on SC after having listened they "masterpeaces" here,on Looperman(i post my trash here,i know it is a trash but i try to improve it and i dont spam all over internet)
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago They are also not going to click play on our tracks here.
  6. 299349
    DJsynthiziz : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago I don't even like soundcloud... blah. glad to see there are others who feel the same way about this whole shitstorm.
  7. 2737984
    GuitarLots : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago I feel ya man ... I joined up a few weeks ago and was happy at first, and then all my loops got flagged after over 100 views and 20 downloads so I just left my tracks and people like my jazz guitar solo but hardly any feedback ... wow ... I am giving away my ideas for hardly nothing in return. I am going to Dtube ... bye
  8. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 2 weeks ago If you don't like how things are going here on Looperman there is always the option of starting your own community. Find like-minded folks and create a tight network, be the change you want to see. That's what I did. I have close relationships and meaningful dialogue the way you're talking about, only I didn't start my team because I was disgruntled with Looperman - I started it because I wanted to collaborate with guys who speak the same musical language as me. We're 30+ deep now. Always nice having guys to share your work with and receive real attentive feedback as well as sharing creative knowledge & concepts.

http://www.cesound.com/ilp
  9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago @ConsciousEntitySound - re. "We're 30+ deep now."

It is interesting to me, how in recent times 30+ has become a significant community achievement. Things have changed so much. This is the range of members for the hackerspace in my town, which took me ten years to discover. We've all been living in a virtual community for too long, it seems.
  10. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Funny you say that, when we hit 30+ is when things seemed to have really picked up and started moving with more concentration and momentum. Seems a lot of my guys are railing with ideas and since everyone's creative input is valued folks are more inclined to share their creative perspectives. It's a wonderful thing. Wondering what ILP will look like when we're 100+ deep...
  11. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Welcome to the new reality people..Give the great unwashed free access and the inevitable happens, standards are lowered, respect evaporates, mob rule ensues, you may say it's a construct in devolution, you might say it's the rule of the jungle, I say it's totally predictable and sadly for us on Looperman probably irreversible. I've reached a point where I'm experiencing the biggest creative enthusiasm in my life and about to immerse myself within that world totally, so it's no wonder that I look upon the situation here at Looperman with regret and some anger, I've stated on innumerable occasions the cause and effect happening here, it's not rocket science, maybe things will improve maybe they won't, if enough members speak out who knows what might happen there might even be some proactive decisions made from on high, see you later I'm moving to the country!
  12. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago @Planetjazzbass Or as mentioned be proactive yourself, don't wait for others.

You're right though we're definitely in a new reality. It's a D.I.Y. reality, so aside the hard work you're putting into your craft you need to put an equal amount of hard work into networking and depend on only yourself to make it happen. The audience and it's consumption of said material has also changed, in fact it's something that is still changing and hasn't exactly arrived at any kind of stable model or place.

If the problems you've described at Looperman hasn't already been fixed, it's probably too complicated to fix at this moment of time. The only real solution is to give Looperman an overhaul and make it more exclusive to become a member which perhaps has a stricter set of requirements for do's and do not's. What else could be done?
  13. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago At the same time if @Looperman changes things it will reduce the site's traffic, which translates to less ad revenue. Having said that, there is a strong possibility that the current system will not be sacrificed just because we want more comments and likes on our tracks...
  14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Lets get something perfectly clear here I never wait for others, I'm someone who carries through with what they say, I'm sick and tired of the perpetual diminished responsibility and blanket responses to the very real problem here, ffs open your eyes, this is an issue of governance and enforcement of the guidelines that are already in place but which are totally ignored. It's impossible not to sound petulant in a forum when using the word "I" you immediately project self aggrandisement and that's the last thing "I" want....it's encouraging to see all this discussion from "real" members...but don't be surprised when some knuckle dragger posts a soundcloud link immediately following this thread.
  15. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago I guess it's just perspective. You call it an issue of governance and enforcement. I call it an issue of self containment. Break free of Looperman into new and exhilarating frontiers, then there is no problem. Depend on your tenacity to problem solve instead of dependence on a community that someone else made possible. Simple right?
  16. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Sounds to me like you've outgrown this community, is all. You need to take your brand to the next level. Let's not be coy about this, Looperman has become a place for beginner producers. Ain't no vets using any loops that come from this website. Veteran artists develop their own material with pride and cringe at the idea of using samples that countless others have used. Once a producer gets past those awkward beginning stages there is no real use for this website aside networking and sharing your own original material with others.
  17. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago I hear what your saying man and I respect your forthrightness, but my perspective is as you say different from yours, I disagree about taking things to the next level though, that's implying that Looperman is in some way inhibiting me and by association anyone that's a member here as a beginner I think that's selling the contributing community short, but anyway before we get bogged down in semantics if your take on Looperman is a place only fit for 'producers' you might understand a little of my consternation an the present state of affairs.
  18. 1961326
    mindhiest : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Wow, I've been gone for 8 months and come back to this. scary. I don't like sound cloud an d used to love posting my stuff here. now I hope things get better becuase this is where I first started putting my music for others to hear and to hear other styles and original music. a place to grow and learn from one another.
  19. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago When I say producers, I am not asserting that all producers are sitting there with a mouse as their only hardware - it's become pretty commonplace now that producers wear multiple hats, with being an actual musician as just one of the facets in the repertoire. I am not selling the community short, I am defining it as I see it. If you think Looperman is the end all be all though, you definitely have some exploring to do. If you're living on Looperman, then it is actually inhibiting your ability to expand and grow at a healthy rate. Do you have your own personal website for your music? Are you on all the channels that you could possibly be? Have you established a healthy network of like-minded producers to stimulate your inspiration and progress? If not, those steps must be taken as delaying taking them is detrimental to your growth as an artist, unless your intention is to be holed away in some little obscure place on the net.
  20. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago I'll just put it to y'all like this, there are people who complain and there are people who take action. Rumbling and grumbling about Soundcloud and what Looperman has become, as terrible as it is, will not benefit you. Develop some kind of game plan. Think outside of the box. Become a tactician with your craft and how you conduct yourself. If you build your foundation, no one can pull it from beneath your feet. That said, you did not build Looperman.
  21. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Right so your (y'all) telling me how to expand my horizons now, ffs I've been doing that in Bagdad before you were in your dad's bag.
  22. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 9th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Ha. Well if that's the case, what are you doing on Looperman complaining very childishly among all the others? Oh ye old jedi, ye enlightened one. Give it a rest bud. You're really starting to fit the mold of that cancerous attitude of entitlement which plagues our societies. How I loath that. Dude who made Looperman doesn't really owe you a damn thang, and you should be thankful this site is even being maintained the way that it is, I'm sure there's been times where it would have been easier for him to just let Looperman go OFFLINE yet time, money and energy has been continually spent and invested in keeping it ONLINE. Get it?? Use your brain.
  23. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 10th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Wow, now this is a turning into a nice R and R thread ! CES and PJB both make some good points - counter points but I think you both are guilty of hijacking the thread for your own personal reasons. PJB is certainly taking the opportunity vent some more on his frustrations over certain issues that he has been patiently (but not exactly silently) waiting on Shan to make good on. CES, as much as I would like to believe in your sincerity here, it sort of appears to me that your argument with PJB might be a bit of a smoke screen and more about promoting yourself and this other site and less about doing things to help Looperman and/or its members. BUT having said that I do think you have thrown out some good advice and I for one wont begrudge you for self promotion. We are all guilty of that. At any rate, I agree that Looperman is different than it was a few years ago. And a lot of that has to do with attrition and change. A few members appear to have left and a few more seem to have dramatically reduced their participation. I'm referring to those that contributed a lot of music (loops and tracks) as well as participating in Forum activity. So obviously as a result, the level of replies, comments and feedback has been effected. We also are experiencing a growing amount of abusers who have realized that our membership ranks include a sizable amount of young, naïve, inexperienced or ripe for the taking types and its always open season here to take advantage of it. What are you gonna do?

The only point I am going to make is, Looperman is still a great place, with a lot going for it. Things that you wont find anywhere else. And for what ever reason Shan has for keeping the doors open and the lights on (and I seriously doubt its big money), I sincerely hope it continues to work for him.

OK fellas, by all means continue. I hope I didn't diffuse things too much, its been pretty entertaining so far.
  24. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 10th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago My question to all normal members is(i myself dont know answer) how to stop those "buggers" with empty accounts and links to f"""ing SC from abusing "Looperman"-be more active,participate....-it does not work this way,i am afraid,mayby changing policy little bit and reporting them as spam/virus/bug would help to clear up mess
  25. 2144253
    Zivonmusic : Tue 10th Jul 2018 : 1 week ago Thank you. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. "NEED RAPPER WHO SOUNDS LIKE TUPAC"
    "LITERALLY NEED NIKKI MINAJ'S TWIN SISTER"
    "VOCAL TAGS PLZ"

Now I haven't been here very long, but Looperman was that one site that I could drop in and talk about my musical frustrations and inspirations. The languages of music and the impact it has on us and our emotions.

I've started to come here less to be frank.
Posts 1 - 25 of 67

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track