Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

How To Match Vocals To A Bought Melody

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 2521144
    kwirko : Sat 7th Jul 2018 : 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I was thinking about buying a beat off of "Feelø Records", the beat that I want to buy is a pop-based beat (here is the link if interested of hearing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRxD-DkqW8k).

Now, my problem is that I don't know how to make the vocals and the beat match together so that it actually sounds good! :D. I obviously have some ideas in my head but they are too plain for me.
    If this is a topic that can even be answered :P then please help me!

If you want to ask me questions, don't hesitate to :D

Thank you for all the help,
    TT

2. 2511826
    mudsnot : Sat 7th Jul 2018 : 2 years ago

I'd say record a few different ideas. If you don't have any lyrics just spout melodic gibberish. Try to find a melody that sounds nice to you then write lyrics to accompany that melody. I'm not sure what you mean by "matching" it, because that in itself can mean a lot of things. I'm interpreting it as matching your vocals to be in the same key as the beat, and to that, my friend, all I can say is that you need to use your ears.

3. 1250729
    Paganini : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

ad @mudsnot said: "matching" could mean a lot of things.

Do you mean matching, like making sure the vocals are in sync with the song structure? With the beat? With the scale used?

Those things aren't an issue if it was a trap beat or a boombap beat, but for your case, it's a little different.

4. 2371546
    Sunbeats : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

"I don't know how to make the vocals and the beat match together so that it actually sounds good!"

Your question is a bit vague. Do you mean MIXING the vocal to fit right in the beat? Or do you mean getting your vocal to RHYTHM with the beat melodically?

That beat is one of least beat a vocalist should have problem working with. That beat is a vocalist's wet dream. Unless you not a good vocalist or you're unable to write a good lyric.

Listen to vocals in other songs in this same genre and learn their lyrical arrangement and execution.

5. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

Are you saying you have a beat and a vocal track and you want to merge the two? Well you are probably going to have so many issues that isn't worth even bothering to try. Because you are probably going to have 2 really big problems:

1) The tempos probably won't match
    2) The keys won't match

If it's a rap vocal the key is less of a concern, but I think you're going about this the wrong way. If you have a vocal track you need to buy a beat not just because you like it, but BECAUSE you think it fits the vocal track - not try to force it to work when it probably won't.

The real question here though is if you have a vocal track why don't you produce your own beat because what you are trying to do here I wouldn't class as music production - it's just mashing two tracks together and the chances of mashing in this way producing a decent result are pretty much non-existent.

6. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

By the way, going by your profile you're not a singer/rapper so I was assuming you are using a pre-existing vocal track. If this is the road you want to go down I would look for a more basic beat than the one you are looking at which has the same tempo as the vocal track. If it's a rap, that's a good starting point and then add your own bits in. If it's not a rap, this approach won't work due to the fact the keys won't match assuming the beat has at least some non-percussion instrumentation.

I hope this helps a bit.

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Aug 2018 : 2 years ago

The OP's profile says "I am an amateur producer that honestly cant make music and needs help with it. :P " They also have no tracks uploaded. This tells me that they do not have any self confidence in writing and recording vocals. It also tells me that they have no confidence in creating an instrumental.

What it boils down to is that they are trying to get recognition for other musicians work. We can all agree that this is very common these days.

I'll put in my advice... Don't bother with this! Not only will it be a decent amount of effort for a likely weak and musically redundant product, but the time spent could be used to practice and form your own musical language.

You have FL Studio, and a classical guitar, apparently. If you grab a microphone, and have a way to connect it to your computer (such as an audio interface), then you have everything you need to start making your own music. FL can supply the basics to create drums and synthetic/sampled instruments. The microphone can be used to record yourself on guitar as well as your own vocals.

As soon as you leap into this effort, you will create songs that are truly yours. No one will have heard exactly what you do, and it should just keep getting better.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums