Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Looking For Rapper - Oh Really - What Has Happened To This Site

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 630386
    Unknown User : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

This is no more of a rant than it is an observation. Say, have we as a musical community done and achieved everything there is to do in music? Of course not! So answer me this, is rap music, (metaphorically speaking that is), the dominant species now? How come these LOOKING FOR A PRODUCER threads are cleverly disguised SoundCloud reposts? How come we cannot get the forums cleaned up, what a mess! Why is it that people with a vanilla Looperman profiles create forum threads here that say: HMU on Soundcloud, and they post a link here to SC song but that same person refuses to post there songs here on this site.

Okay, answer! When you dont pay for something and you get it for free these types of things happen, so enjoy your free lunch. But this situation overall reminds me of the urban decay you see in many American capital cities. You see crumbling roads there, rusting bridges, poverty on the rise, hunger, crime and graffiti everywhere in some of the major American cities today.

The development here on this site is quite slow and has come to a complete crawl. An outdated dated platform has caused lots of good and talented music theory trained musicians to just fall away and leave this site. I strongly believe samplers and remixers have moved in to back fill that void. It appears that this site may be slowly falling off into same inattention, neglect and laxity as found in some of the major American cities I spoke of earlier.

If all we have become now is a "Looking for a Rapper SoundCloud reposting forum", then sobeit. It is not like you or I can actually change things here. But you can make your voice heard. I have no ill feelings towards rappers I wish you guys well. I just hope someday that that a spark of site development and ingenuity returns here once again, that is all. We can still have the Looking for a rapper thing, it is just this site needs a major overhaul, some restructuring, and some reorganization of such things.

2. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

im feelin ya man... i hate links disguised as anything at all if they not relavent to the site your on at the time and the trend of dropping a link with "fire fire fire emoji and this is dope check me out" in front of it onto anytracks on top a feed at the time with out the dropper liking or playing the track i excentuate is spreading ... bah.... ill stop now or carry on for ever lmao

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

I did a check the other day to prove a theory of mine and unfortunately I was proved right, that being the proliferation of wanted ads in the forums has driven away most longtime and legitimately involved loop making members, now it is just soundcloud users trawling for rappers, people that have no creative investment in the place, people I might add that hardly ever adhere to any of the guidelines. It pains me to say it but Looperman has totally dropped the ball, he obviously doesn't care that the site has deteriorated into the farce it now presents as, I sometimes think he forgets that's it's the members who actually make the main provender that's on offer here, so without harping on as I've been doing for years about this very topic..it's time to make some long overdue changes Shan!

4. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

I'm hoping that a lot of the issues will be sorted out once collaborations are excluded from the forum. I'm not even sure why 'collaborations' is a forum subject anyway to be honest. It's not a discussion topic, it's an advert.

I don't know if it is because they get swept up in a tide of rapper requests but pretty much none of my forum discussions ever get a response so I'm not bothering anymore with that.

I do hope this collaborations section arrives sooner rather than later though. It certainly needs to.

5. 2431535
    Rockerboi78 : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

It's quite funny actually. I was just about to post a rant about this situation too. I'm trying to experiment with different genres like rock, but no one's willing to help me unless it involves rap.

6. 2557236
    headleybiker : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

I agree too, while sounding like a complete hypocrite (after doing the same as the multitude of hopeful rappers to gain a few more followers on SoundCloud). I found this site a few months ago, which was still rife with the typical 'Looking for Rapper' or 'Looking for Producer' threads and thought nothing of it to do the same, before realising that the forums were really meant for discussions. Of course, as a new and rather infrequent user, typically browsing the site every week or fortnight, the discussion threads have been completely swept under the rug, and for someone new to the site thought that Looperman was simply for collaborations and self-promotion.

I hope with the introduction of a collaboration section, there'd much less clutter of unrelated threads and articles plus both groups of users of the site could be much happier, figuratively speaking, "Live in harmony". Lol.

7. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

there is a place to get llyricists on your beats easy as long as you giving them away and dont expect a lot at first i know it not cool promote other sites here but for the content relavence sake.. can i just say bandlab..........?

8. 1112540
    Lschupbach : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

yeet.

9. 2255594
    slava72 : Thu 5th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

I think those "looking for rapper/crapper" with empty accounts were you only can find links to f@@@@ing "soundcloud" should be banned from entering this side,i realy feel pissed off of what "Looperman"has turned into

10. 841435
    ValveDriver : Fri 6th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

Allow me, if you will, to play devil's advocate for just a moment.

In the forums, I see nearly as many posts complaining about "producers" needing rappers as I do the posts from the producers needing rappers. What I haven't seenmuch of,is the participation from these longtime members. Right now, in the featured section, I see a very small handful of tracks posted by familiar names. In the comments on these tracks, I see very few, (if any) comments made by these longtimers. When I joined this site in...i think it was 2012, there were people that would post tracks, and comment on tracks. Not only with praise, but constructive critisism. A lot of what I learned about music, not only in music theory and composition, but the technical behind the scenes as well, ie. Mixing and mastering, sound design, etc. I learned, not only by comments left on my tracks, but byvreading all the comments left on others as well. It's very few, and far between that I see that anymore.
    PlanetJazz...I can't even remember the last time I saw one of your tracks in the featured. Dude, you're good, and I respect you as a musician, but honestly, my friend, the only time I see any participation from you is in these specific thrrads, and when you're complaining about the site.
    Joseph, man...you KNOW your shit when it comes to music. Participate on these guys who obviously need the help. I say this with all due respect, gentlemen. But, seriously,it's not Shan dropping the ball. It's us. Granted, the site hasn't changed noticeably in quite awhile, but it's still functional, it's still being updated and improved, even if we don't always notice it. As so F'ing cliché as it is, be the change you want to see.
    As far as the people posting links to their soundcloud accounts, I remember a time when we would all band together, (no pun intended), and tell these guys that we won't bother unless it's posted here. I never see that anymore either.
    Bottom line is, don't just sit here complaining about all the "producers" looking for rappers and hope Shan will ban them, get off your butt and let these guys know that that's not how our community works. Let thim know this is a community that holds standards for our members.

I don't know,that's just, like, my opinion man. Take it for what it's worth.

Take care.
    V.

11. 2491859
  12. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 6th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

@V...Your right, in certain aspects pertaining to myself I agree, I no longer make loops, I no longer review members tracks, I no longer seem to post any tracks (though I'm still making music) because I no longer enjoy the simple pleasure of visiting this site and interacting with like minded creative people, all that has been spoiled by the gradual but inexorable infestation of soundcloud drones, I should in fact really pack up and leave this place and not complain all the time about rapper wanted ads! lol.....This has undoubtedly been the mind set of many ex members here, unfortunate for some I have no plans on leaving, I agree, all the great functional aspects are a result of Looperman's actions and yet all the negative disruptive aspects of this site are a direct result of his inaction, I'll stop my negativity the instant change is implemented but I'll be buggered if I'll lay down quietly and let the riff raff hold sway.

13. 841435
    ValveDriver : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

Do what you gotta do, man. But if you're just going to sit completely void of participation, and wait for someone else to fix it, then you probably shouldn't complain. Just sayin, mister.

14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

Seriously man, if you think some self righteous rhetoric aimed in my direction is going to solve the present state of affairs here your sadly mistaken, instead of missing the point completely have a look around and then personally change things, sorry but that won't get you very far, I'll repeat this one more time, there's only one person capable of changing Looperman into a balanced audio resource community.

15. 1902994
    Ajerutis : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

I agree with most of everything on here. I've only been a Looperman member for two years and even I've noticed the drastic change in its members and their interests. Now everything is 98% rap/trap and people only care about spamming or trying to get you to click the link to their soundcloud. Just about all my loops have some random member leaving some random soundcloud link completely unrelated to the loop I upload. I've read multiple forums of members wanting to "buy beats" and immediately off the bat I knew it was just a lure trap. Especially when this member who "wants to buy beats" has a soundcloud link to their music, which was all produced BY THEMSELVES. It did somewhat got frustrating after a while as this limited finding actual quality forums to chat with. Now in the forum section all I see are "Looking for rapper", "Rapper wanted", etc. This is majorly a site for music producers, sound engineers, and beatmakers to share loops and tips with each other, not even really a site for rappers unless they produce and rap simultaneously. I'm not saying rappers aren't welcomed, I'm just saying the chance of there being just a serious rapper who only does that, on this site would be small. If you're looking to market beats to rappers join Bandcamp, ReverbNation, or just go spam on Soundcloud lol. Even forum posts asking for collabs with other producers are lure traps as they also have just links to their soundcloud, not even explaining what they want to collab on or how they want to go about it etc. I feel the soul of Looperman has been stripped away and traded for these new spammy, selfish, non-humble wannabes. I don't think Looperman is going to change either, as it may just get worse over time due to these problems growing at such a rapid rate. Just my opinions..

16. 2255594
    slava72 : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

Ajerutis-Spot on Man

17. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 8th Jul 2018 : 3 years ago

The forum is going down not because of the/this Rapper stuff, it is going down because of the other users. It is mostly more easy to say "they are the problem" but in fact all the other stuff that made this side a nice place is mostly dead.
    I wonder when the last contest under the members in this " just for fun" style was? I remember a few and they where all years ago (like the -3 loops contest- or the SBM - mixing and mastering contest- or the Phatkatz - zombie contests or the helloween and x.mas contests)….
    I asked a few times for collabs and or help, nothing happend, i wrote some comments to featured tracks and get no answer, not even a "thanks" ….
    the only thing that is filled up with life are forum postings against the rapper stuff or hate stuff in forum posting on "searching for rapper stuff" …. it's a shame and the best (badest) is that all cry like baby's that Mister Looperman himself is the one who should do any against it.

Just stop answering in hate style when a rapper from SC is asking for any. Just don't waist time and space to fill the forum the 132 time with i don't like rapper/SC stuff.
    Just don't click on SC links, just don't react to Rapper search askings. Just don't write any when you normaly not even wanted to read any about it ….
    Do it better - and maybe i will get a bit more respect to the community, cause right now i almost lost all i had

PS : sorry for my bad english and harsh words

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums