Updated Password Functions

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago Hi all, last night i updated how we deal with user passwords and one of the results of that is that anyone with an account created before today would need to reset their password to be able to login.

Looks like everything is working fine and everyone is managing to work it out.

Should anyone have any problems though get in touch, let me know whats going wrong for you and ill do what i can to get it sorted.
  2. 1186967
    abelouis : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago hi looperman. I have problem :
    each connection on looperman.com i must write password each time, google chrome don't save new password, it keep old password, I am obliged to rewrite the new password.
  3. 2647028
    KiestyleProductions : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago Same I always leave my pc on even at work, outside, etc and it just left me logged in forever which was kinda convenient but now I have to retype the password each time and it doesn't "remember me".
  4. 1
    Looperman : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago if you could try and clear the browsers cache and cookies and let me know how you get on
  5. 1
    Looperman : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago may have just spotted a small spanner in the works too. fingers crossed its now fixed and may have sorted the remembering of your login :\
  6. 1186967
    abelouis : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago ok looperman, i clear browser cache & cookies, this is résolve, thank you
  7. 1231236
    joecramer : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago All good here but is it possible to change the new password to something i like more?
  8. 1
    Looperman : Fri 25th May 2018 : 2 months ago joe, sure, you can do that from your profile settings page
  9. 2482600
    lilvodkk : Sat 26th May 2018 : 2 months ago I would like to know why there was a password reset?
  10. 1
    Looperman : Sun 27th May 2018 : 2 months ago only reason for the update was that following updates to server software better ways to encrypt passwords were now available and it makes sense to use whats best.

Updates are always being done and nobody notices as they dont effect anyone's day to day use of the site. Unfortunately though this type of update does.

All for the greater good though
  11. 630386
    JosephFunk : Mon 28th May 2018 : 2 months ago It has affected me a bit more. I use a password Manager that uses encryption keys and two-step factor authentication. The changes you made broke the autofill login feature (to this site only) in my Dashlane password manager program. I guess I will have to live with that and manually input my login once again. Everyone should always use one unique password for each and every Internet account they have on the web or else your other accounts can and will be hacked quick and easy once your single password is hacked and cracked. I use a paid password manager service because hacking is now at epidemic proportions now. Never ever use the same password more than once on any system or site. Do not use the save password feature in your browser either, it is quite weak.
  12. 2647028
    KiestyleProductions : Thu 31st May 2018 : 2 months ago Thanks looperman I know it's a late reply but everything is fixed on my side!
Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track