Not Sure If This Is A Potential Scam

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1441997
    drproximo : Thu 17th May 2018 : 4 months ago Got a fairly generic message from someone saying they liked an acapella I uploaded and did see cool stuff with it, asked if I'd like to hear it and if I might want to collab further. Didn't use the title of the song, didn't provide a link to a demo so I could confirm, it all seems somewhat like a form letter with my name added to the beginning. I checked the profile yesterday, no uploads, no forum comments, no bio info filled out, and the account is only 3 weeks old. Yesterday the profile said they're from India, but today it says Boston. Am I being paranoid, or does this seem suspicious to anyone else. I know I could just respond and see what happens, but I don't want to get caught in a get-my-hopes-up-until-they-try-to-sell-me-something scam.

Unrelated, but I just noticed that the instructional text on this form between the Title and Message fields uses "your" where it should be "you're"... twice.
  2. 1
    Looperman : Thu 17th May 2018 : 4 months ago The account looks ok to me.

Thanks for point out the typo. Things like that bug me :)
  3. 1441997
    drproximo : Thu 17th May 2018 : 4 months ago Update: I responded, it's legit, and the track is wild, a totally different take on the song... it needs work but it's exciting and fascinating to hear varying interpretations like this. Thanks for checking it out for me.
Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Ambient Track