Movie Sound Clips

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 16th May 2018 : 6 days ago I'm sure someone has answered this before for someone but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can buy audio movie quotes? I'm not interested in any dodgy ways of getting them by the way as I can do that if I wanted to but I'm not interested in that as I may be releasing the tracks.

Thanks in advance guys.
  2. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Wed 16th May 2018 : 6 days ago Hey Lem, I'm not aware of any such legit source for obtaining audio from movies. This has been a subject I have debated over the years here and elsewhere. Detailed response would be lengthy so I will try to condense and keep it simple. Chances are you most likely wont find anything your interested in that would be offered in a sample pack. There are many websites that offer movie snippets, sound clips and quotes free of charge, but make sure you read the fine print because I'm fairly certain all will have a disclaimer somewhere stating that they don't own the rights to any of the material and terms of use still applies and is protected by held copyrights. The laws on this basically state you have no right to use any portion of any copyright material without permission. What you essentially have to do is track down the owner of the material and negotiate use. If your intent is to offer the finished product for public sale, you will need to first obtain permission and pay the royalty fee. This is normally done with the help of a lawyer. I have known a few people that have attempted to do this and found the fee quite expensive, like in the tens of thousands of dollars range. So realistically you have to consider if potential sales will be able to cover this expense and still leave room for profit.
  3. 1547231
    Lemonization : Thu 17th May 2018 : 5 days ago Ok, thanks for the advice. To be honest I thought that might be the case but I thought I'd read a post a while back which suggested a site and when I checked it out, they did have movie quotes to buy but it may have either been not fully legit or if not, then there probably would be restrictions on their use. I didn't fully look into it at the time. Can't remember the site now which doesn't help. Think I'll abandon this idea anyway.

Thanks again.
  4. 2647028
  5. 1547231
    Lemonization : Thu 17th May 2018 : 5 days ago Not quite what I was after but thanks all the same - I'll check that site out though and see if they have anything else that might be useful. Cheers.
  6. 2647028
    KiestyleProductions : Thu 17th May 2018 : 5 days ago https://vocaroo.com/i/s190VSYXQxtq

here's a long demo in case you'd want to give it a detailed listen
  7. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Fri 18th May 2018 : 4 days ago Movies in the public domain are ok to use audioclips from (like the original night of the living dead for example) but best of luck finding what you want! And what is actually in the public domain varies by country.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hardcore Track