You Can Blame Looperman For This

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 2436096
    chalupacabra : Wed 16th May 2018 : 2 months ago So a funny thing happened, for the past six months I've been trying to learn how to use a DAW and the best way I could think of getting started was to use nothing but loops. As fate would have it, that's what lead me to the Looperman site with all its wonderful diverse musical material generously uploaded by the super talented members who reside here. Gradually I learned the basics of my DAW of choice (Reaper) with the help of these fantastic loops and was able to create quite a few unique tracks that I think are truly worth a listen.

Unfortunately after reading the rules, sound clips from movies and TV aren't allowed here so, half of those tunes will have to remain unheard for now. But, just to see if my efforts actually produced any merit, I did upload my favorite track that doesn't contain any media clips to my profile page:

https://www.looperman.com/users/tracks/2436096

Feel free to comment (good or bad) if you wish. Any feedback is better than none and I could use the advise.

Thanks!
  2. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 16th May 2018 : 2 months ago Hey! Welcome to the world of Reaper! I think you've made a great choice, but I would say that as I'm using it. I don't think it's too popular with the members on here but I've been using it for a few years now so I'm hopefully reasonably experienced with it - so any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers
  3. 2436096
    chalupacabra : Wed 23rd May 2018 : 1 month ago Thank you for the warm welcome Lem!
    I've found Reaper's learning curve to be pretty steep for me because it's very versatile. But, if I can teach myself to be proficient with things like PhotoShop and 3D programs, then this shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Time and patience are always the best teachers. If I get stuck, I'll be sure to give you a holler. Thanks =)
Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Blues Track