Soundcloud Links

Posts 1 - 14 of 14
  1. 1397157
    blekmeh : Wed 25th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

We can't put Soundcloud links in our loops description. This means I take time to create loops, I upload them on here and everyone can download and use it, even make money off of it for free, they don't even have to credit me. But I can't add a little plug to my Soundcloud channel. However, people can comment on my loops and post Soundcloud links there.

So in conclusion: they can download and use my loops for free and get to plug their Soundcloud page under my loops. I create and upload the loops , free to use but can't put my soundcloud in the description.

I basically only give, and don't gain anything from it. I don't mind it too much myself but find it a bit demotivating and can imagine other contributers think this aswell.

2. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 26th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

Would you like a towel?

3. 2456082
    KyloBeats : Thu 26th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

I agree, this rule should change

4. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 26th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

So Guys. If you want to promote your soundcloud site. post your loops on soundcloud. This is a loop site. Where musicians share loops to hopefully create new songs and ideas that can be shared and critiqued by the free membership. Soundcloud does not sponser the loops here, so Shan should not have to deal with the loop makers and Accapella singers promoting there stuff on Soundcloud. Now when People make tunes using the loops, they may steer people towards there soundcloud, it still shows the loops originated here. From this site. And lastly, no one gives a rats arse about how many followers someone has on soundcloud. If you want to make it in this industry, you better be prepared to leave your bedroom and create a live experience that you can tour with. And create a real following, because that's the only place you will make money. But soundcloud..I guess you need those hits to fill that fragile ego even if they are nothing but a vapid circle jerk.

5. 1397157
    blekmeh : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

@crucethus, I'm a full-time musician, I do this for a living so that's not the point. It's not about money. It's that you don't gain anything from posting loops here, which means less people will post (quality) stuff here. Sure, they can post their stuff on Soundcloud but isn't the point that we want as much activity on here as possible? Every single person signed up here know what soundcloud is so we're not advertising for Soundcloud, just our own profiles which seems pretty fair to me. I literally don't see how this would be a disadvantage for anyone.

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

@blekmeh first off don't take this as a personal affront however what you (and the rest of soundcloud users) need to realise is Looperman is not a vehicle for self promotion it's an audio resource community, yes people upload tracks here and get critiqued on them but it's not geared towards projecting an artist as a brand, this is why there is a backlash and resistance towards soundcloud links and all the associated bullshit that goes with that site.

7. 1397157
    blekmeh : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

@Planetjazzbass the whole point of this thread is that what you say is not true. Everyone posts their Soundcloud links in the comments of the loops, people even spam random loops saying "hey I used your loop, check it out" while they didn't even use the loop, they do it for promo. They could disable Soundcloud links in comments aswell, but they don't. So you can use other people their work in your projects and plug your Soundcloud on here but you can't help other people by providing these loops/samples and put a little link in the description in case they want to check it out.

There is 0 logic in this. Either remove all of it or let the people who actually keep this website alive use it aswell.

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

I'm not a person who thinks because I posted the final point in a thread makes it the right one..however I see that now you want to take proprietary rights for keeping this website alive, jeezuz give us a break sport, look post as many soundcloud links as you like, or seek out as many rappers as you like, bump your wheel barrow to the front of the queue everyday for all the good it will do you, as in your opening statement your looking for what you can get out of this place.

9. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

@blekmeh
    There is no logic in you stealing artwork from Audacity either. Please get your own avatar. I use Audacity, and you have the audacity to steal intellectual property. Thank you!

10. 1397157

@Planetjazzbass if people can't get something out of this place they won't put much into this place, you don't get owt for nowt.

@JosephFunk Search for Audacity on Google with the filter "Labeled for reuse with modification" enabled. You'll see the picture in my profile, I can use this however I want, in a way it's even advertisement for them. Just like people can use the loops I post here however they want. I have had people send me links of their music with my loops in them getting over 100.000 views on Youtube and I'm not credited anywhere. That's OK, I agreed with that when I uploaded the loops but a link to your Soundcloud in the description, that goes way too far...

11. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

With respect - Honestly, if the satisfaction of creating loops which people around the world use, then possibly you should not do it.

If you are truly able to create or perform music and make a living from it, then I wonder what you have to be upset about. Even these days, out of the musical artists in the world, a very small percentage can claim this.

Sure, we all need a little money to survive in the capitalist system. It is also easy to forget that we all survive from community and solidarity. These things need not involve money, reciprocation, or even acknowledgement. They simply, purely change the world in ways we will never fully realize.

None if this is to say that your idea of changes to this community are wrong, or right. There are options though. You could decide how much contribution/giving you are willing to do, and only do that. You could have a separate web domain of your own, and give away what you wish, complete with links to your soundcloud/looperman/facebark/twitter or whatever - and even with the terms and conditions of your choosing. You could also sell loop packs of your own creation, and require compensation and/or credit. Lots of options.

12. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 29th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

My point is about brand loyalty and promotion. That artwork, no matter how you acquired it, is more synonymous with Audacity. You have no connection or affiliation with Audacity. I think Audacity does quite fine without your avatar. Creating your own original brand, with original media and artwork is something you can trademark and build on if you expect to get really serious someday. Because then people will not mistake that Audacity likeness for someone else or something else. If what you said is true, then many others have also used a modified Audacity image to pedal what they are selling as well. Good luck with that.

13. 1397157

@Spivkurl I have my own website up where I sell sample packs. However, I have plenty of stuff laying around that didn't make it into my packs and could share here, but I cba since you don't gain anything and uploading is quite a hassle with all the restrictions and requirments. What I'm upset about is that almost all of my loops got taken down because they had Soundcloud links in there. They had been up for a long time (I'm guessing they didn't have this restriction back when I uploaded them?) but they were taken down recently. When I go to edit the sounds and remove the Soundcloud links and hit "save" again it tells me that I have to select a file for the sound for some reason, but I don't have the sounds anymore (not sure why I'd have to reupload the sound). So alot of hassle for nothing.

@JosephFunk This isn't just about me, I don't care for plugging my artist name on here and my own artwork, I just used this avatar because I needed one in order to be verified IIRC. The thing is that it's a twisted rule how contributors cannot post their links but users can. I don't understand how you all seem to find it such bad thing that I mention this.

Like @Spivkrul said it's hard to get recognition or make money with music, and it gets alot harder when you spend your time on making things for random people that don't even know you and don't credit you. Don't be amazed when you haven't made a dollar off of music when all you do is post loops for free without some sort of advertisement.

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 30th Apr 2018 : 4 years ago

Okay then, your issue is with the policy Looperman the admin has written. I would suggest that you contact him directly with your concerns. I don't care if SC links are added to the loop description, I have no opinion either way. I make loops, but money is not my motivating factor. Being credited or recognition is not a concern of mine either. I make loops because I love sharing unconditionally with the members here and just seeing what happens or not. Good luck!

Posts 1 - 14 of 14

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.