Posted in : Forum : Sampling And Loop Making Chat
Discuss anything regarding sampling and loop making. How to make a loop, where did a sample come from, copyright issues, whats legal and whats not
***This thread is not meant to bash any up-and-coming producers***
Mar Vibez of Retro Crush here. I just want to say that I appreciate the amount of love that I receive on this website. Every comment and SoundCloud link that I see warms my heart and strengthens motivation to keep dropping more awesome loops and becoming a better producer. However, when I listen to a lot of these instrumentals being made, I hear a lot of errors and technical flaws that hinder the beat from becoming what it truly is supposed to be. MAJOR problems include:
1. No Tempo/BPM Sync (THIS IS THE #1 RULE OF SAMPLING. Tempo sync/stretch the sample so that your melody will be in the right bpm so that it will match your drums)
2. 808 not in mono (This will separate your 808 from your stereo, so that your melody is not in the same room as your melody)
3. 808s out of key and pitch (In every Retro Crush description, we give you the scale of notes we used to make the beat. If you don't know the scale please Google them and study them in your spare time. Learning scales will help you become a better producer whether you like it or not. I promise!)
4. Too Much Percussion, Not Enough Rhythm (I hear a lot of producers going crazy with their percussions, which is great but sometimes drums can be great just by being simple. Just imagine beating on your desk in class to nuance sound that catches your attention. Grab two pencils and start catching some rhythms. You'll HEAR what I'm talking about haha.)
5. Lack of Counter melodies (Since we give you the scale in the description, we are giving you the notation to create counter melodies. Normally when I listen to a beat that was made with my loop, I either hear just my loop with some drums playing throughout the entire beat, my loop with a gross beat or effectrix preset slapped over it, or better yet, I've seen some people get real clever haha. They would take two or more of my loops that were in the same key and put them together in the same track. Use the scale in the description to your advantage so you can come up with some more of your own melodies to compliment the beat. If making melodies is an issue with a lot of you, I will make a video explaining my process of melody composition in the future.)
At the end of the day this is just me giving constructive feedback to help producers in the Looperman community. I appreciate everybody that comments, downloads, subscribes, and supports us.
lmaooooo i feel it.. I know exactly what you mean.
Hey bro thanks for posting this. I have been producing for almost a year now and had no idea kicks/808s should be mono. Can I use a plugin to make the band stereo or is there a way to do it in fl studio itself?
sometimes it really be that way
@Kylobeats Putting your 808 and kick in mono on FL Studio is very easy! Take a look at this webpage from image line and look at stereo separation.
! You need to Log In or Register to post here.
Copyright © 2019
Looper Time : 2019-10-22 21:03:15 | Version l-3110