FL Keys Sound Trash And I Have No Money

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 2521144
    kwirko : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago Hello everyone,

I have produced a *good enough* song and it sounds trash like the actual sound, I am using fl keys because I am a broke 16-year old that cant buy nexus, I need someones help to make the piano sound like chainsmokers piano or similar if this is possible :)

thank you everyone.
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago Ideally - Grab a loop from Looperman which has a piano sound that you like, trim some hits from the loop. Then use the samples in FL sampler, Slicex or Directwave (whichever you have and suits your purposes).

Less ideal - Use one of the stock synths to design a piano sound. If you have sytrus, it may be the best one. Minisynth kind of sucks for this sort of thing. Harmless or harmor could work, but I don't know since I pretty much dislike those.

If you bought the "fruity edition," then you are pretty much screwed. Since you couldn't even record a real piano or keyboard if you had it (no audio), and it comes with very little for stock synths.

I've been using FL since around 2000, and I'm simply done with it. It's caused me nothing but trouble for the last year. I thought FL signature cost a good amount, but now I'm spending drastically more cash in order to get the computer out of my studio work flow.

Be on the look out. Around here, people give pianos away a lot, and the only cost is getting it moved. That's how I got mine.
  3. 2260336
  4. 2640431
    mmmPUDDINbeats : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago i had the same issue, im not reccomending it as it hurts the company but i ended up pirating nexus
  5. 2521144
    kwirko : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago Spivkurl, thank you for your help the FL Studio that I own is Producer Edition, I just couldn't buy the full version due to its cost, I will mess around with it a little bit more and see how it turns out. also, do you know what tags I could use instead of just "piano" not a lot of people name their loops "piano" from what I can see and sometimes I find good piano loops that don't have the actual "piano" name in them? :)
  6. 2521144
    kwirko : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago FAMOUR, I like that!!
  7. 2521144
    kwirko : Thu 19th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago mmmPUDDINbeats, do you still have or know the link to it? I tried looking for some but I couldn't find any that actually worked for me :/
  8. 2260336
    FAMOUR : Fri 20th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago I can send you the screenshot of preset and midi if ya want. (:
  9. 630386
    Unknown User : Fri 20th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago FYI, Talk relating to pirating, and pirate links will get this thread knocked down. Don't go down the pirate path because the vendors also read these threads along with Looperman himself. Try these freeware apps or get some SoundFonts instead and avoid the related viruses and bundle spyware in pirate copies.

https://hiphopmakers.com/free-piano-vst-plugins-for-fl-studio
    http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Piano/Strings
  10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 20th Apr 2018 : 5 months ago Producer edition means that you are not on FL 12, right? I believe that bundle is called signature edition now.

You should have both slicex and directwave to work with. Either one would be better than "sampler," since that can only handle one sample at a time without making a layer channel.

If you search the loops here, simply selecting the category "piano," then 8890 loops come up. Granted, some of them may not be what you are looking for. If you spend some time listening to them, you will probably find ones that are ripe for trimming at least a single one shot sample. If you can trim several of different notes, then you will be able to make an even better sample set.

Just open the loop in edison, select the note, trying to keep the attack and release completely intact. Then open "sample properties" and autodetect the root note. You can either set the sample range in there as well, or do it in directwave. Save the sample where you'll be able to find it. Then drag it from the browser into directwave. It should place a zone at the root note. If you got more than one sample, drop them both in there. Then drag the zones out to the range you want to be able to use. You will then have a playable piano instrument of your own creation.

Piano is good in this way, since it does not require a sustain loop, being a "percussive" instrument. Much easier to set up. Unlike many pads, strings, or basses etc which need to hold the tone as long as the key is held.

Once you go deeper, you can even use other piano samples which will react based on velocity. For example, you original sample plays if velocity is 0-80 and the new one plays if it is 81-127... giving you a different sound if you hit the keys hard. Or you can have them both play if the velocity is 81-127, giving a more complex timbre when the key is hit hard. Piano is all about velocity, even on an acoustic piano, in order to achieve a dynamic performance.

Sorry... I'm just in a sampling zone at the moment. I bought an MPC 4000 because FL just couldn't sample the way it used to. Edison would drop data bits every time I recorded external audio, and some of the chopping functions are broken in the last couple of releases/betas. Now I haven't even been turning on my computer to sample, sequence and control MIDI modules!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track