Routenote And YouTube Restrictions

Posts 1 - 14 of 14
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 13th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago When distributing a track via RouteNote, and selecting YouTube as a Store, it has the following language "Import information! By selecting YouTube you agree to the following: Your audio is valid for Content Id: contains no samples, creative commons or public domain audio, is not a karaoke or sound-a-like, is not meditation music.
    Auto-generated YouTube videos will be created for each track you upload.
    Your audio has not been distributed to YouTube by any other party."
    If my track uses loops from looperman, I'm assuming that that means it does contain public domain audio? Correct? Or are they saying that there is a problem only if the entire track is public domain audio? Does this mean that any track containing looperman loops cannot be distributed to YouTube via RouteNote?
  2. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Fri 13th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago Hey friend. I have been using Routenote from 2 hears now. Well, you should feel free about selling the tracks everywhere but not on YouTube for copyright claims as you know, it's the work of another artist and you can't own the complete rights over them. So , select all the stores except Youtube and soundcloud. Because, maybe another will also b using the same track and wanna sell it. But when he/she add music video on YouTube then they may get copyright claim from you which is not fair at all. I hope you understood :)
  3. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Fri 13th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago About the auto generated video, well did you ever noticed channels like "Artist Name - Topic' ? Those channels have the auto generated videos. For example. The Drake gods plan official audio is not on his channel but it's the auto generated one. It's mainly used so that all the money is sent on a single place and don't worry, you will be laid that by Routenote. When you apply YouTube selling option. After approval, you may upload your track fr your channel and you will get a copyright claim from Routenote.but , as I said above, it will not b fair if you copyright royalty free loops friend.
  4. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Fri 13th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago honestly routenote is terrible, try soundrop.com, no pay gate of 50 bucks to get your money, and they get your songs up in 4-5 days after you submit, instead of 4-5 weeks, and there customer service is way better, and they're also free.
  5. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Fri 13th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago In terms of customer service. I don't think Routenote is bad at all. They have always been responsive to me. Else, you may go with your own choice bud :)
  6. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 14th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago @YOURBOYHS- Is it OK if I upload tracks I created with looperman loops to my own YouTube channel, as long as it is completely disconnected from Routenote?

What if I use only royalty free loops that I paid for from some other site? I'm assuming the same thing applies, that I should not sell on YouTube via RouteNote.

You mentioned I also should not select Soundcloud. I didn't see any special warning about soundcloud on the RouteNote site. Why shouldn't I select soundcloud as a store?
  7. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Sat 14th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago Hey bro. There's no to upload from your own channel and also for using paid loops. You will not b in trouble. Also, you can make a track completely from looperman loops too. Even I tried once and even sellig it successfully via Routenote. About soundcloud, you will not get any warning but you know, the copyright claim on SoundCloud us even faster than YouTube and it doesn't do monetisation but it actually blocks other users from uploading your track from their account and try to get fame. Like, a very popular DJ sex Whales remixed XXXTENTACION's track and uploaded on SoundCloud but it was removed automatically as the vocals were copyrighted. It not happens with all the tracks at all. Also, he is successfully monetizing on YouTube haha
  8. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Sat 14th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago I forgot to add that. When you upload track on your soundcloud, you can actually add a buying link frm the metadata. So, you can attract customers from your soundcloud for sure. But, you may not copyright the track on SoundCloud or YouTube (which I already mentioned) as it will be of no use for other artists then. :)
  9. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 14th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago So I can upload tracks using loops to my own SoundCloud, but I should not do it through RouteNote? Is it RouteNote that is doing the copyrighting on SoundCloud?
  10. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Sat 14th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago trust me use soundrop man routenote is so bad why would you wanna wait 45 days for an upload
  11. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Sun 15th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago Bro, everyone isnt able to pay 50 dollars you know. Even I. Routenote is something useful for those who are ready to get even 75%. Later, ofcourse after you earn some good money, we can actually go for a better distributor.
  12. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Sun 15th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago Yes friend. Upload on SoundCloud from your own. Routenote will copyright the track on SoundCloud and Youtube. Feel free to upload anywhere from your personal account ;)
  13. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 15th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago It sounds like Soundrop is free (charging 15% of royalties just like Routenote. One thing in Soundrop's favor is that it does allow you to do artist splits where Routenote does not. Routenote is a much bigger operation, distributes to many more outlets, and has a much bigger presence in Asia. Here's more info than you will ever want comparing all the major distributors: https://aristake.com/post/cd-baby-tunecore-ditto-mondotunes-zimbalam-or My biggest concern is what if the distributor you chose goes out of business. That would mean there is noone to send you your royalties, and you might not be able to re-distribute your old tracks via a different distributor, because they are already on all the outlets.
  14. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Sun 15th Apr 2018 : 3 months ago there's several other advantages to posting with soundrop:

1. you can use much higher resolution cover art.

2. they use WAV files not MP3s so it's better quality sound as well.

3. They're still a growing platform and are open to users of the platform's ideas, where as Routenote is already established and if you have ideas for them they most likely will say "Thanks we'll take this into consideration" and never change anything.

4. routenote's website is an actual snail, if you hadn't noticed how long it takes to load in between pages. soundrop is about 40x faster.

(the payment split is also super beneficial if you feature people or you use someone's beat, I've even been able to negotiate exclusive beats from producers for percentages of sales instead of the $200 or whatever it would normally cost.)
Posts 1 - 14 of 14

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track