Loop And Acapella Searching Option

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 657509
    DrvanLansberg : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 4 years ago

I have been a happy user of Looperman for quite a few years now. In probably 80% of my tracks I use Looperman loops or acapella's in some sort of way. Searching and finding good acapella's that fit the track I'm working on, has never been a problem. Searching and finding loops however is somewhat more of an issue.

I love the category option obviously as I know in advance what type of loop I would like to add to my track. The problem I encounter however is when I for example search for an acoustic guitar or a saophone, a lot (if not most) of the loops are actually produced by using synths that are supposed to simulate these instruments. This is clearly not what I would be looking for at such a moment and these maybe should be placed into the "Synth" categpry. I do however understand that there are good reasons why this isn't happening.

How would you feel about adding a search option for analogue vs digitally produced? This would separate the (often processed) simulations from the real deal.

For acapella's I would propose a similar search option for dry vs processed.

2. 1
    Looperman : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 4 years ago

There is already acoustic and electric guitar as well as bass, synth bass.

I do try and move things if i spot them as i agree a synth is not a guitar (even if the patch says it is).

Maybe we could look at an option that says is it played (on an instrument) or created in a DAW

3. 657509
    DrvanLansberg : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 4 years ago

"Maybe we could look at an option that says is it played (on an instrument) or created in a DAW"

This is exactly what I was trying to say (using too many words, not a native speaker). Instead of "created in a DWA", I'd rather say "created on a synth", since a DAW is perfectly capable of processing audio.

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 30th Mar 2018 : 4 years ago

It seems that the problem lies in those loop makers who think that a virtual preset is an acceptable replacement for a performance on a guitar, bass guitar, drums, or whatever that it is supposed to mimic. Obviously many people know better, but it still seems like we are becoming a minority. It's unfortunate.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.