See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

What Is The Perfect Acapella For Music Producers

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 818593
    Shamoozey : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 3 years ago

So, what is the perfect acapella for music producers?
    Music producers, this is your chance for in-put on what your requisites are
    for a 'good' acapella ? Please elaborate on what you like, require, hate or fall in love with?
    May it be: Beats per minute (BPM) Processed tracks, Wet, Dry, Key, Autotune, etc.
    Try to be open-minded on idiosyncrasies and nuances.

As music is a constant learning process, this will help 'acapella singers' to improve and hone their craft of singing, storytelling,
    hip-hoping/rapping, etc. and essentially give producers a chance
    of improving their music also. A win win for everyone!! Ask and you shall receive! We can all learn together!

2. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 3 years ago

Completely DRY vocals meaning;

NO FX/Effects

NO Ambient Room Noise

NO Auto-Tune

If a producer knows what they are doing within a song then they will stack FX/Effects onto the vocals/acapella's as required, otherwise its painful trying to clean up a vocal that sounds like it was recorded in a fish tank or bathroom.

Why no auto-tune?

1. It can de-harmonize a mix creating a false layer during creation for the vocalist and acapella hunter.

2. If you cant sing...Don't!

3. Its ideal for beginners and wannabee Bieber's

A good acapella is as dry as it can be, this way any engineer/producer/dj can bring your vocals to a level that would not be possible in its pre layered with vocalists ideas of reverbs and delays.

Take a listen too "Dance of the Sylenth Tribe" and "I'm Torn Apart" on my profile to hear what can be done with Dry Vocals.

Its important not to hide your voice behind reverbs and delays that a vocalist feels must be added to their acapellas to sound any good...it actually doesnt really matter if you are tone deaf...there's always a use for Good Quality "DRY" Vocals/Acapellas.

DJ-SLT-UK

3. 657509
    DrvanLansberg : Thu 29th Mar 2018 : 3 years ago

Yeah, completely dry would be nice indeed.

Also, a recording free of noise due to bad equipment would be highly appreciated. I have used vocals in the past from a very talented singer, but with poor recording quality. Masking noise is difficult and hard to do without side effects. Same goes for de-essing.

And since we're at it, a proper gain is helpful as well. Cranking it up in the mix usually adds a lot of noise as well. In other words, make sure it's loud enough.

Mono recordings are preferred.

More ad libs please!

I really have no preference for BPM or key. With a little bit of creativity, we can make it fit :).

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums