I Want To Become FAMOUS

Posts 1 - 25 of 36
  1. 2564485
    SageVCrimson : Tue 20th Feb 2018 : 8 months ago I want to know, how to get noticed. I want to be someone in music. That a lot of people know. I want to drops albums, and make money. I want my dream to come true. I want my music to be shared.

Can anyone give me advice, or tricks/tips to help me conquer my dream. Walk me through steps on becoming known.
  2. 1669575
    Safino : Tue 20th Feb 2018 : 8 months ago I don't want to sound rude or something, but actually I don't think that there is a real secret on how to become famous. Otherwise every music producer would be famous, because everyone has a dream like this. Everyone wants his music to be appreciated and liked by others, but in fact, that's often not the case.

However. If you want to be noticed nowdays you have to do something really spectacular, that nobody else has ever created before. Something that makes you different and special in comparison to others. I guess it's not really a "secret" tho. Just a little hint I'm giving.
  3. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Tue 20th Feb 2018 : 8 months ago step 1: be good.
    step 2: know the right people.
    step 3: be very lucky.
  4. 2399306
    YOURBOYHS : Tue 20th Feb 2018 : 8 months ago Hey bud,
    Start making some great songs. Try and try again. After that make some friends on places like looperman itself. Then, what I think is that you should not dream to get signed by a label without any experience XD so better to submit tracks to popular youtube channels first and you will start to get exposure, distribute those songs as an independant artist with the help of Tunecore (paid), cd baby (paid), routenote (free!) so that you can earn a few bucks with those songs. After that, you need some good connectivity with great musicians so that they will also promote you! At last comes the most important thing and that is luck, if people listen to you and like it, they will share your track more and more! I wish this was useful! If so, really happy to help you! I wish you will be successful!!! ;)
  5. 2393600
    certifiedapex : Wed 21st Feb 2018 : 8 months ago Connections is all you need, you can make something very cliche but get famous just cus the right person put you on. Don’t depend on your friends to help promote you, you’ll find out your best Nigas are the ones not even helping you at all
  6. 1894400
    gothflex : Fri 23rd Feb 2018 : 7 months ago Keep going. Send your shit to important people. Keep going.
  7. 1894400
    gothflex : Fri 23rd Feb 2018 : 7 months ago We're on the same page here my friend. I can't even find a producer or someone who can help me cause I live in a very small place, but just keep going man. Just now that if someone made ir before you, you can do it too.
  8. 2627396
    lucidrainx : Sat 17th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago Don't set out with the attitude that you want to become famous. Do something that is deserving of fame and it'll come when it's time. Do something new, that nobody has done before, and do it in a way that is unique to you.
  9. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Sat 17th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago Carve out your own niche. Do it independently, so no one can pull the rug out from beneath you. Think of creative promo campaigns. Create a team and align yourself with good people. Realize that just as many people will hate what you're doing compared to the folks who support what you're doing. Stay real. Don't sell out. Be prepared for anything. Realize that the second your desire takes a dive from MUSIC to MONEY, it's game over and if such is the case...bow out with respect instead of staying and polluting the industry with even more meaningless, empty garbage music.
  10. 1564425
    rasputin1963 : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago Fame, in our modern world... is more about PR than it is about talent.

So you need to hook up with people WHO HAVE THEIR FINGERS ALL OVER ADVERTISING AND PR. People who know how to create a brand (you) and build it over time. It's not a one-time-and-you're-done thing. Fame is a process, and can take years. I personally do not know who those people might be at present... but that is your task, if you want to become famous.

Think, for example, of all the places in the media where you have seen Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles. It's like, EVERYWHERE, right? Magazines, TV shows, TV commercials, radio play, websites, movies, music videos, supermarket tabloids, children's action figures, CD's, Super Bowl halftimes, seeing them associated with OTHER famous people, in Hollywood, NYC and London. Publicity + merch = fame.

There are people-- PR agents--- who put these people all over the map. They didn't do it themselves... how COULD they?

Also-- and this usually comes as hard news to all showbiz aspirants-- you can't wait around for people to "discover" you. For that rarely happens in real life.

But if you want to be a star, you have to be CONSISTENTLY good at what you do, be tireless, and be willing to have OTHER people totally use your face and music, even in situations where you'd rather they didn't. You can't choose the Michal Jackson or Prince route of surrounding yourself with yes-men who tell you how fabulous you are, 24/7. No, you have to be willing to let people smarter than you mold you, direct you, target you, market you, and, believe-you-me, they will be taking a hefty chuck o' cash from your earnings.

So: to be famous, you have to stop dreaming, and make things happen in hard reality. Again, this involves getting to know the people who have their finger on the media... every inch, nook and cranny of the media.
  11. 1564425
    rasputin1963 : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago [addendum:] Does it help if you are physically beautiful? Absolutely it does. But if you are not beautiful, then you must come up with a highly-memorable, maybe even outrageous, "look" for yourself. Maria Callas said it decades ago: First, ya gotta have a LOOK. And you cannot dramatically change this look... until you are well and truly famous... and have the eye and ear of a paying demographic.

Secondly, you need to know exactly who is your target audience: it might be Hispanic Lesbians who live in Minnesota. It might be Black Middle Class Teenagers in Texas. It might be Senior Citizens Who Live In Florida. It might be Working Class Teenaged Boys in East London. It could be any social demographic at all... but YOU need to know exactly who these people are... and spend your life getting to know them, their dreams, their problems. Your art must be directed at them, and it must be shown to make their lives better. The performing arts is not a wank-fest... ie., you doing whatever turns YOU on, at all times. For fame, you always have to be thinking about your public, your audience, your demographic(s). There will always be two or three closely-defined demographics or social niches... whom you will ALWAYS please, whom you will NEVER DISAPPOINT. Whom you will never thumb your nose at.

With fame, you have to understand that people will be falling in love with your IMAGE. They will very rarely be loving the "YOU of you". No, they are falling in love with whatever image your PR has constructed for you. That can be a whammy... a burden... certainly a responsibility, and it has driven many a star into craziness and substance abuse. Are you ready for that kind of cognitive dissonance in your life?
  12. 2507295
    retrocrushLM : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago Well you could start by making it easier for people to find your music and social media. I went to your looperman profile and didn't even see your twitter or soundcloud. You can't enter saucetopia that way. And #2 don't waste your time asking non-famous people how to get famous, go talk to famous people bro. - Content of Retro Crush
  13. 2379739
    kuba808 : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago work hard, play hard.
  14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago Discover a cure for cancer.
  15. 2415129
    Simar2674Youtube : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 7 months ago I say, make good music and put money into advertising.
  16. 2516352
    aidangrimm : Sun 25th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago Make really good shit that sounds just different enough to give you an edge over competition but not too different to polarize the audience, and then put money into buying promotion from the right sources (i.e. not the random auto-dm guy on twitter saying "i can get you 5mil plays for $5 hmu") buy soundcloud reposts from someone who fits the same niche as you, and always be willing to collab with people who seem promising because you never know who's coattails you'll be able to ride lmao (or what favors you may be able to ask for a return on in the future)
  17. 1432296
    SicarioCruz : Sun 25th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago Just make the music you want to make, don't be afraid to put it out there and have fun.
  18. 2095374
    RolandStreet : Sun 1st Apr 2018 : 6 months ago Connections and never give up bro! Talk to anyone and everyone!
  19. 2255594
    slava72 : Sun 1st Apr 2018 : 6 months ago Fat dude from "music industry"(mafia) but it cost $$,take it as hobby,dont give up,do it well,mayby one day.....
  20. 2529972
    zTaksik : Sun 1st Apr 2018 : 6 months ago Do it
  21. 2146076
    8teen : Sun 1st Apr 2018 : 6 months ago All about brand and how much you put yourself out there. Also mainly connections.
  22. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 2nd Apr 2018 : 6 months ago Were you born into wealth? Do you have rich or famous parents? Did you attend Julliard? Are you a child prodigy? Have you been playing an instrument for 10 years or more? If you can't answer yes to at least one or more of those questions, you have your work cut out for you bub. How does anyone become famous at anything? You really want to know what the most important element for success and fame is?

It's commitment, plain and simple. Believe it. Its not talent, its not money, brains, good looks or luck. Yes! Don't get me wrong, you need plenty, as much as you can get, of all that ! But, without complete, unwavering and resolute commitment to your craft, be it music, art, sports, needlepoint, crime, whatever, you will never succeed without a "do it or die trying" commitment. I had a fair share of everything fore mentioned, BUT I fell short on commitment. I quickly got tired of being hungry, sleeping everywhere but on a bed, being around bad element, seeing the dregs and the underbelly of society everyday, working in the dark, smelling like cigarettes and booze etc.. It didn't take long for me to envy and desire normalcy. Most of the people I grew up with had married, bought a house and cars, had children, a loving relationship, took vacations, were happy and enjoyed the simple pleasures life has to offer. I had none of that. Success don't come overnight. Sometimes it doesn't come at all. My question to you and to anyone else reading this thread with the same thoughts is...Are you willing to do what it takes? Is it that important to you to sacrifice so much to get? If you have any shred of doubt whatsoever, stay in school, get a degree. Live your life and accept being normal. In reality 99.9% of you don't have what it takes. You have a dream and nothing else. Whenever I hear someone say "its my dream" I want to smack them in the face and wake them the hell up! I will tell you right now, if your a dreamer, you're going nowhere. Stop dreaming and start doing. There are a few individuals here on Looperman that definitely has the talent to take a shot. I have even tried to help coax a few of them into moving on to the next level. To date none has chosen to do so. Why? Lack of commitment. I know this sounds like a lot of negativity on my part and I'm sure some will take offense at my response. I'm only trying to offer some food for thought and a reality check. I lived it for many years and I came to know quite a few big names in the business. I compared myself to them many times trying to determine what set us apart. In many cases I considered myself an equal and in a few cases superior in terms of talent and other things, so why were they able to succeed where I had failed? Commitment.
  23. 2395177
    downhill : Wed 4th Apr 2018 : 6 months ago fuck man, me too
  24. 2640431
    mmmPUDDINbeats : Thu 5th Apr 2018 : 6 months ago its hard fam, just get lucky i guess :/
  25. 2317558
    miloscollins : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 6 months ago same bruv, hmu if you interested

https://soundcloud.com/miloscollins/trust-nobody
Posts 1 - 25 of 36

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Rock Track