From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

Mixing And Mastering Live Stream

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 9 months ago

I've uploaded a static basic mix of a song, because I was thinking of doing a live stream of a full mix session with a Q&A section so we can exchange ideas, ask and answer questions etc.

Just read the description of the song 'cause I'm too lazy to write it down again :)

We can use this forum thread to plan the date and hour of the stream if it comes to fruition.

By the way the track is clipped like crazy, didn't check any loudness meters so it should be a couple of loudness units lower I guess but hey mixing on apple earpods can do that :)

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/192294

Cheers!

2. 987862
    Ep5ilon : Fri 16th Feb 2018 : 9 months ago

'Clipped like crazy' is right! As a precaution, I turned my volume right down before pressing play.

Basic mix is basic... although, actually a very decent starting point. It kind of sounds like someone mixed and mastered it, and then exported it at about 48kbps.

No doubt, it needs an EQ cleanup. The frequencies are being fought over by some, if not, all instruments. I know it's sort of typical in the Heavy Metal genre...

Oops. Was I meant to review this track with areas of improvement? Sorry about that. Nonetheless, in your live stream, I suggest you start with the loudness meters. :)

3. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Fri 16th Feb 2018 : 9 months ago

:))

I appreciate the review. Clipping is actually really common in the genre as well as plastic sounding drums, fizzy guitars and low rumble instead of bass :)). It still needs to be mixed before you actually need to keep an eye on LUFS and RMS meters or respect any Loudness Standard.

And you should've kept the volume high! It's metal man! :))

4. 987862

Not with my sensitive hearing! :)

My suggestion still remailns a suggestion. It really doesn't matter what you start with, as long as progress is being made towards a good result. Besides, I would've gone with the loudness meters first because, being an electronic music producer, clipping shouldn't be there. But this isn't electronic music, so...

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate metal music. I still shred my start every now and then. :)

5. 987862

Correction... "I still shred my 'strat' every now and then."

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Dubstep Track