How To Get More Plays Or Followers On Soundcloud

Posts 1 - 19 of 19
  1. 2170732
    jeffaube25 : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 2 years ago

hey guys, I've been posting tracks on soundcloud for about a month give or take and i've been getting a decent amount of plays, but i want a little bit more. my soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/aeroonthetrack/tracks
    could someone help me out and give me some advice on how to better promote my music and maybe get some more REAL plays/followers on soundcloud. that means don't tell me to buy plays

2. 2226779
    YoungHabib : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 2 years ago

Exactly what you're doing now. Your exposing yourself to people just by posting on the forums. Heck, I'm even exposing myself too lol, but what I usually see, are people that post their link on other people's Loops, comment on other artists beats, post to social media (Instagram, Twitter, and even Facebook). People will more than likely at least click on your profile and check out what you got. Most of all, I think the key is to be patient.

3. 1199946
    Dokfraktal : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 2 years ago

## Spam Post Removed ##

4. 2200917
    Tmanpro : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 2 years ago

Time is of the essence

5. 2170732
    jeffaube25 : Thu 15th Feb 2018 : 2 years ago

thanks guys i appreciate that

6. 2317558
    miloscollins : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

same boat bro,

7. 2099262
    NapoleonicEmperor : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

I've been asking the same question.

8. 2670419
    Zeus2125 : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

SAME BRO!

9. 2421140
    elcycle : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

Best way to do it is just to promote yourself any way possible (posting on reddit, social meida, etc.). There's no way to force people to like your music, you just gotta let it happen naturally. Although this advice is coming from someone whos most played song only has 1,000 plays so I guess I have the same problem....

10. 2421140
    elcycle : Sat 21st Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

Also if you like the last song I posted check out some of the lofi stuff I do too! Thanks y'all :)

11. 2317558
    miloscollins : Sun 22nd Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

hmu if interested

12. 1
    Looperman : Sun 22nd Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

so the original poster asked for help how to get plays etc not for a list of everyone elses soundcloud accounts

13. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 22nd Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

The fact is who gives a flying F--K, furthermore you've been auto sodomised by your own request..anyone that is focused on their soundcloud likes is doomed to an existence of total cerebral reversal, no one in the known universe cares!... understand this!!!! least of all the people that your seeking to influence ..soundcloud is a false horizon populated by wannabees who only want to promote their own crapola, they don't give a damn about you....get rational, get embedded on Looperman and forget soundclown.

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 22nd Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

@Looperman, quite honestly Shan, your business model has not evolved over the years. Your antagonistic post above Dave's does not offer any real solutions. A huge artist void has happened long ago were real artists such as Planjazzbass, theHumps, Bilbozo, WoundedBuffalo, ShowGunProductions, AnomalyJ, Yeshintae, and ConeyIslandRecords to name a few, have either left or contribute a whole lot less here. In their wake are social media folks disguised as artists riding the soundCloud wave in the hopes to become famous or popular. This is a false wave at that. You have essentially allowed SC users to pimp their stuff here. Why not update your policy that states, if you post SC stuff you must upload at least three songs here on this site and you must review at least 10 songs, that's pretty reasonable and costs nothing. I can think of other things, we can still have SC here but they should be put on notice to get involved or hit the road! The fact remains is they have shaped policy here despite there being no clear standing policy on this matter in the first place for many years. This is why artists such as Planetjazzbass gets frustrated with the no SC policy situation here so easily, and rightly so!

15. 308224
    theHumps : Sun 22nd Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

You're the best Dave, ha!

If you focus on writing original music of your own making and style, can perform your music live, can get along with people, accept criticism, be willing to learn and most of all be talented to some degree then you will find success, popularity, fame or whatever your goal is at some level.

Soundcloud popularity would not be a measuring stick to me as a listener.

Hiya Joe! Stopped snowing up there yet?

16. 2317558
    miloscollins : Mon 30th Apr 2018 : 2 years ago

hmu if interested

17. 2255594
    slava72 : Wed 2nd May 2018 : 2 years ago

forget about SC-it is dead-only fake likes ,plays and followes are still there and doing remarkably well,rest in peace,spamcloud-Amen.....

18. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 3rd May 2018 : 2 years ago

I do wonder why people keep putting the boot into SoundCloud particularly when I don't see any real alternatives out there. It is wrong to say all plays, likes and followers are fake though admittedly there is a lot of that on there. You get spam and crap on a lot of websites - this one included. Unfortunately, people pay for that crap on SoundCloud even though it is pretty obvious that's what they're doing. And quite a few members on here do just that on there - not naming any names - you know who you are. I do think SoundCloud could do more about that issue (and other issues I won't go into here). And most of the big names are still on there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm totally happy with SoundCloud as there are a lot of issues there but until someone can give me a real alternative I'll be sticking with them.

19. 691199
    Modnex : Thu 3rd May 2018 : 2 years ago

Most people who use soundcloud are musicians, producers, singers/rappers or something else related to the music business. You barely have people who would actually pay to see a concert or buy an album on there. Music communities are mostly filled with people just like you, who simply want to use the platform to promote themselves. This ironically makes music communities the worst place for promotion, as most people who frequent these types of sites are there for personal gain and nothing more.

If you want to gain real fans (people who would actually support you and spend their money to do so), you need to promote yourself both online and offline. The best route for online promotion would be through your own custom website as well as some social media accounts that you update on a daily/weekly basis. Networking in real life is the key to true success, get out there and chat with people, step out of your comfort zone.

Posts 1 - 19 of 19

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads