How Do I Explain To Someone How To Sing My Song

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2521144
    kwirko : Mon 5th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Hello,

I have just finished making a song and I have found someone to sing the lyrics for me but the problem is, I didn't know how to explain to her how to sing the song in the way that I want it to be, any advice? :)
    Thank you.
  2. 1547231
    Lemonization : Mon 5th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Hey, I have had similar issues. The best way is to record yourself singing it. Even if you're a bad singer this should help the vocalist a lot. The other way is to create a version with what I call 'vocal pointer notes' i.e. notes in time each word of the vocal. though I've found this isn't as easy to do as you might think. It takes me quite a while to do that but combined with singing it as well this should lead the vocalist in the right direction.

Hope this helps.
  3. 293573
    Spudsy : Wed 7th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Erm........ Go on skype and sing it to them.
  4. 2521144
    kwirko : Thu 8th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Thank you
  5. 2515088
    EyalPop : Sat 10th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Well, you made a whole song for them to sing, right? Best option is to make a beat out of how you want them to sing it. You might not be able to hit the notes, but your platform sure can.
    Try using simple piano keys as well as explaining it to them with the best of your ability!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track