I Would Like Some Feedback - Submitting Track To Record Label

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 1693093
    BlaqTi : Wed 31st Jan 2018 : 6 months ago This is a track I started a couple of days ago. I would love some feedback about what you like and what you don't like. Mixing, arrangement, melody structure, sound design, etc... I want to eventually submit this to Monstercat, just for fun :)

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/191868

Thanks, Jake :)

P.S. I may end up adding a vocal to add more depth and flow to the song.
  2. 293573
    Spudsy : Wed 31st Jan 2018 : 6 months ago Right,

This needs to be taken in the way it is intended. Constructive feedback with realistic tones.

I don't really know the record label, but I have just listened through there last 15/20 releases to help me give you the feedback.

The track isn't good enough to submit to a label.

Its a fun ditty with interestingly comical ideas and tones. I like it for what it is and enjoyed listening to it but if you send this to a label now you will pretty much black list your name with that label for the future. It will literally take years (or never) to get your credibility back with that label.

And that's how record labels work.

Their time is finite and they struggle to listen to everything they get. Should they find the time to listen to your submission and its not up to par they will never listen to your stuff again.

In terms of telling you whats wrong with the track, I cant. There is nothing here that wouldn't be fixed with just spending more time making tracks and behind the mixing desk.

The best bit of advice I can give you is take another 2 years making and refining your music. Your heading the right way and doing most things right, just not there yet.

Thanks for sharing :)

Spuds
  3. 1693093
    BlaqTi : Wed 31st Jan 2018 : 6 months ago @Spudsy Thank you for your honest feedback, I really appreciate it! I was trying something different with this track and I think I'm just going to do a bit of mixing, then put it up on SoundCloud, maybe under a different alias.

I'm definitely going to be focusing on improving my production quality! I would love to hear your take on my future tracks, so keep me on your radar. :)
  4. 293573
    Spudsy : Wed 7th Feb 2018 : 6 months ago Thank you for taking it the way it was meant. I'd love to hear more of your stuff man :)
Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Pop Track