Can We Take A Second To Appreciate

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 2542205
    nybbas23 : Thu 25th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago While everyone is trying to get double / triple the views / likes / subscribers on all of their music here, can we just take a second to appreciate all of the great music that is being created around us?

I think in the hustle to become the next big thing, sometimes we forget the passion we all have for music that made us start. There are thousands of people on this site that have great music you can check out and enjoy!

I have found that listening to another person's track and making their day is just as rewarding as someone new following me.

Also, I would recommend "Steal Your Work" by Austin Kleon (you can get it paperback or on Kindle) for any artist who is looking to help their promotion. The basis of the book is that you should be giving your time and attention and art to others, and in time they will reciprocate.

And at the end of the day, if you make music primarily just to get popular, you should quit and take up reality TV. Anyway, back to creation!
  2. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 26th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago Unfortunately, the music industry is saturated with more "marketable" musicians than people with actual talent - hence why we don't have any more greats in music that can rival anyone from the past. Record labels care more about making a dollar nowadays than finding real talent out there in the world today, and it shows with today's current mainstream music - which while not entirely bad in and of itself, lacks the luster that made our great music heroes of time past so inspiring.
  3. 2518763
    Chri2 : Fri 26th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago I agree with bradosanz. U can have best realist talent in the word and yet if u don't have enough ppl who like it even tho its rly good u still prob won't get recognized enough. But yea I totally appreciate my muzik. Sometimes I still wonder I can't believe I make beats.
  4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 26th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago Nybbas23 that is a great sentiment! The bottom line with any sort of creativity is that it's the actual process that's the most important thing and with the right focus can be used to expand one's sensibilities and perceptions, people who think creativity is just a quick means to an end are lost before they've even started, sure everyone wants their ego's massaged and some recognition, however concentrating on the facile aspects of becoming the next "Big Thing" is a dead end street and self defeating. Half the problem is that kids these days think that getting a laptop and ripping a few beats off the net then spitting some attitude with as little effort as possible will catapult them on the fast track to stardom, dream on!
  5. 1969409
    Chang9ine : Sat 27th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago If you want to to just rant don't be fake about it. I noticed all the disrespectful comments coming from forum users always target rap "Hip Hop" artists.

"Half the problem is that kids these days think that getting a laptop and ripping a few beats off the net then spitting some attitude with as little effort as possible will catapult them on the fast track to stardom, dream on!" Planetjazzbass. Can you clarify that statement. To whom are you referring?
  6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 27th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago What's there to clarify, I call things as I see them. Of course these comments of mine aren't all inclusive obviously there's plenty of young dudes out there doing their very best with total commitment so more power to them, but having said that it's impossible to comment without stepping on a few toes, and that's something I never loose any sleep over.
  7. 2420974
    BritneyCollins : Sat 27th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago @Planetjazzbass, Almost every post on this message board you "Bitch and Moan" If it ain't about this, It's about something eles. Rap this, Rap that. Black this or Black that. The reason Why i said black is because ain't this Planetjazzbass is a racist old fart who never made it and never will make it. This guy might be over 70 years old. I read back in the old message boards, reason why i called him a racist. Didn't he called some rappers the n word or something? You need to stop hating at lease for a week. To me you ain't no different then a nazi. If music ain't ya'll way then it ain't right at all. Far as this (nybbas23) goes. Maybe the person or persons didn't login in awhile To show they appreciation to the producer. People might got other things to do. Have patience and grow some balls, if you felt like that person wrong you. Don't go to thhis message board just go to that person then talk to them about it. I know i'm not the only one who feels this way about this sites message board is all everyboady do is fight on this message bored. This message board should be called "The Fight Room".
  8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 27th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago Well done Britney that didn't take long, at least you've spoken your mind, I try never to get personal but hey feel free to say anything about me you like, rumour has it I immigrated to Argentina in 45, but don't believe everything you hear.
  9. 2518763
    Chri2 : Sat 27th Jan 2018 : 6 months ago I'm starting to wish I didn't comment in this forum
Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track