Turn Up Volume Of Your Own Track Without Distortion Flstudios

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Sun 21st Jan 2018 : 1 month ago hey thanks for reading this..

i just want to know how to turn up the gain of the whole track in fl studios without the track distorting ? if u listen to my beats i made they are a bit quiet and if you know how i would love to hear what you say.

https://soundcloud.com/user-873853516-457721607
  2. 691199
    Modnex : Sun 21st Jan 2018 : 1 month ago The reason your music may have distortion is due to the way you mixed your track. Having the volume low does not always get rid of the distortion, it simply makes it less noticeable, which is why it becomes more noticeable when your increase the volume.

One way to fix the distortion would be to mess around with the EQ and compression of your instruments. I would suggest cutting off some of the frequencies in the low end and high end sections of your instruments. I wouldn't do it to an extreme though, as that can also cause issues. Each track will require different adjustments depending on the sounds chosen and used. so trial and error works best here. Once the mixing is fixed accordingly and your track is still to low on the fl's default settings, simply go to the master track and drop the "Maximus" plugin on it and chose the "Clear" preset or the "Clear RMS" preset. That should make your track louder.

Hope that helped. I don't claim to be an expert, that's just what works for me.
  3. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Sun 21st Jan 2018 : 1 month ago thanks so much I appreciate it
  4. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Sun 21st Jan 2018 : 1 month ago Hey Jhenjii, I notice you do a lot of hip hop and trap beats that include heavy bass and sub bass which are typical attributes for the particular styles or genres. However, this heavy bass is most likely the problem. Heres a few suggestions that might help you.

EQ: Since your chosen genres are so bass dominant, learn to use equalization to cut unwanted or unnecessary bass frequencies. Unwanted depends on the instrument and its role in the mix. Try cutting bass (less than 250 Hz) on anything that's not a Bass instrument, and any drums that don't need much bass like snares, hats etc. Unwanted low frequencies from the other instruments add together to create a 'rumble' that does little more than waste dB headroom and muddy the bottom end of the mix. Studio pros refer to this as "cleaning the basement".

TIMING: As far as possible, avoid dominant instruments playing on the same beat. For example, the classic 'trance' kick on the beat, bass on the Off-beat. If they must overlap, that's when Sidechain Compression can be useful.

VOLUMES: Use Automation controls to effectively adjust the relative volume of all individual tracks in the mix. If you turn a sound up to make a point with it, always lower some others to make room. Using this technique you can creatively maintain maximum overall volume level throughout the entire mix.

PANNING: Panning is one of the most overlooked yet effective mixing tools. Avoid all the instruments crowding into the center of the mix, spread a few of them around (+/- 40% max is a good range to work in). When you can clearly distinguish sounds in different locations, the mix will sound more open, interesting and powerful. Kick drum and Bass are usually panned to center, but use whatever works.

MASTERING: Once your happy with your mix its on to Mastering. To finalize the loudness tweeking in FL Studio you can place Fruity Limiter in the last FX slot on the Master Mixer track (it may be there already) and with the default settings, adjust the GAIN knob. Experiment with 'too much' and 'too little' Master Limiting and get a feel for what it does to the sound. Maximus is the primary tool in FL Studios mastering arsenal and learning to use it will provide you with an additional weapon to crank the levels to the Max while controlling distortion to end up with the cleanest and loudest track possible. Making loud tracks that also sound great is an art that you will only learn with plenty of practice. Good luck.
  5. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Sun 21st Jan 2018 : 1 month ago thanks so much man i appreciate it
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track