Stuck On How To Professionally Master Your Tracks

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago I need help i'm not sure about how how to master well and i want tips and tricks on it or perhaps videos that aren't over 20 mins on learning mastering and mixing?

Because i started a fresh new sound cloud and i want my tracks spot on in mixing and mastering.
  2. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago MIXING is about balancing multiple tracks to make them a cohesive whole, and constitutes approximately 90-95 percent of your song's overall quality - a good mix will be much easier to master.

MASTERING consists of taking an already-balanced mix track and - in simple terms - applying compression, polishing the EQ spectrum, and raising the overall volume of the song without causing digital clipping.

Both require a sharp ear and good knowledge of how compression, EQ, panning, reverb and other plugins/effects play into the overall sound. It will take much longer than a 20 minute video to get the sound I imagine you want to achieve.

What DAW are you working with? I use Pro Tools 12.
  3. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago Im using FL studios 12
  4. 1378797
    GregVincey : Thu 18th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago Bro, you will have to sit through those 20mins to 1hr videos, and watch it over, and over and till you get it. Also, a lot of reading too. It takes a ton of practice, and a ton of patience.
  5. 1077378
    Alien : Thu 18th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago Mastering is the holy grail of music making. Knowledge is power, learn as much as you can, everyday.
  6. 2200917
    Tmanpro : Fri 19th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago I just started to learn how to mix and master. My recommendation would be to get iZotope Ozone 8 and use their Total Balance and Master Assistant. Total balance helps me level and EQ; master assistant on Ozone 8
    automatically adds dynamics, some EQ, clarity, and a few other stuff.
  7. 2465082
    Zhenjii : Fri 19th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it
  8. 2370901
    aidanconnolly : Sat 20th Jan 2018 : 7 months ago Yep you will definitely have to watch some pretty long videos. It's the only way because if we're being honest many, many soundcloud artists do not know how to master at all and they go to an external mastering engineer for the top songs
Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track