Loopmakers I Know You Got This Problem Before

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 2146076
    8teen : Tue 16th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

It gets annoying having to name everything "name" Loop 1, Loop 2, etc. Maybe this site should incorporate some type of folder system or group style with Loops that are almost the same. I can have one melody that sounds real nice with a Rhodes, but then it sounds even better with a synth pluck. Especially in my user page, if I have multiple Loops of the same Melody, it just fills up the page of the same loop but 1,2,3,4 at the end. Just a suggestion.

2. 1662143
    MrSpookd : Tue 16th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

A solution that I like to use is instead of posting combinations, post the single stems separately instead.

This way, other people can try out different combinations they like and lay out the track in a much more personal manner.

So like instead of loops like: MELODY loop 1 (melody + synth), MELODY loop 2 (melody + rhodes), MELDOY loop 3 (melody + plucks) etc.

Try something like: MELODY (just the melody), RHODES (just the rhodes), PLUCKS (just the plucks), etc.

It will result in more loops, but you give the other producers more freedom and you don't have to number your loops anymore! Yay!

I hope this helped.

3. 1
    Looperman : Tue 16th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

if you posted loops with more then one layer they would be suspended anyway as per the upload guidelines

4. 1564425
    rasputin1963 : Tue 16th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

I wish there were a special category for layered loops. Not full-fledged songs, just loops which might feature, say, a drum riff + a bassline. Just sayin'.

5. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

In general it is best if a loop only has one element, but I have to say that some of the best loops on this site are layered and I use these kinds of loops all the time. I would say that I would be devastated if Looperman started killing all of these awesome loops just because they were layered. There needs to be some "This is an awesome freaking loop, I'll let it slide". Another thing that should be looked at is geez this loop may be layered but it has a ton of downloads, people are seeing value in this loop.

As for having a single melody sounding awesome using different VSTs, I would make the case that allowing the upload of MIDI files would solve this problem. The MIDI file could even be uploaded with the loop on the same upload page. MIDI files have got to take up less space than loops anyway. Then when you look at a loop the MIDI file is right there if you want to download and tweak it. It even allows the user to tweak the melody if they like, not just the VST.

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

I totally agree with neuromancer56's first point, while I understand the the need for non layered loops there is definitely a case for having the old "groove loop" section back, I get requests for this sort of stuff and sadly I have to decline them...plus lets take the example of a HipHop drum loop, now to some ears it might appear that their layered however a lot of the rhythmic elements are for instance sub basses instead of traditional kicks and other percussive segments that can verge on synthesizer sounds, isn't this place meant to be an audio resource community and that's exactly what we're talking about here audio resources plain and simple.

7. 851137
    crucethus : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

So to stick my 2 cents in. As a user of loops I would rather have the rawest of sounds, beats, bass so I can manipulate it into what I want to use and how I want to use it. If to much of a pattern exists, then it becomes infinitely more difficult to separate the sounds to be a creative force, but more of the original loop-makers creative ideas on as sound or melody. Which is fine for some, but for me takes away the challenge of melding all these sounds to be something beautifully different. I almost don't want the loop-maker to recognize there loop in the creation. But I understand the need for the duality of loops as some people need a road-map to how to put sounds together on there learning journey, Myself included in the early days. So what I'm basically blabbering on about is I don't have a true right or wrong answer to this question.
    Cruconfused!

8. 630386
    JosephFunk : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

Layering already exist in at least one genre here and that is the Ambient genre. True Ambient sounds has layering of sounds, octaves and sometimes fxs layering. If you have ever used a Native Instruments Ambient Instrument Library, by default many of them load up multiple instrument layers by default, this is not how you would make a groove loop. Some of their Cinematic Instruments also load up multiple layers. Groove loops on the other hand were pre-mixed mini-songs that had full arrangements in some cases. Layering also exist for those who make Pad loops as well.

9. 630386
    JosephFunk : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

I was referring to Kontakt in my earlier statement. Also isn't those loops that have guitar tones and fxs also layering opposed to just recording the raw string? When you use Guitar Rig 5 and the like, you are layering too. My point is, some layering is allowed here, you just need to know what type is allowed here. Synth based layering is what is what is banned here outside of Ambient, Cinematic, and pad loops. Maybe some official clarification on layering is needed now.

10. 1
    Looperman : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

noticed that this discussion is nothing to do with the original question but i will post my answer here.

For every pre mixed loop that gets rejected there are comments already made such as "Hey, can i get that without the bass" etc.

Yes it used to be allowed but nothing used to get checked much either and so many of the earlier uploads are not as organised or as useful as those uploaded in later years.

Posting a piano with a drum part mixed in makes the file useless for anyone that want only one or the other. Posting them individually makes them good for the person who just wants the drums, the one who wants the piano or the one who wants both.

Loops are of much more use as component parts which is why pre mixed sounds are not allowed.

11. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 17th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

Call it a few degrees of separation, we all know and agree that individual loops are better for general constructional purposes, no argument there whatsoever, however there is a certain percentage of people that like some layering as well, what's the harm in catering for that percentile.

12. 2146076
    8teen : Thu 18th Jan 2018 : 10 months ago

I appreciate everyone's 2 cents on this problem and I learned a couple new things, thanks people.

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Rap Track