More Power Over The Comments

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 1662143
    MrSpookd : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

Dear mr. Looperman and fellow Loopers,

Wouldn't it be sweet to be able to hide / delete comments of yourself and others posted on your own tracks and loops? Especially the ones of people merely posting a SoundCloud-link to their own, uhm, creations, that has no connection at all to your post. It's very frustrating to know that other people will click it out of curiousity and only feed the soundclouded spammer that way.

Also, why can't I edit my own comments or replies after posting them? It happens a lot that I find a typo in them and I can't do anything about it.

Despite the active admin(s) on this site, I still feel like we could do a lot more against the spam that comes with everything we upload. These are pretty common functions found with other forum sites and I luv Looperman, but this is something that bothers me. Sometimes. Just a little. But still ^^

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!

- Mr. Spook'd

2. 1
    Looperman : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

for the moment simply[y report a spammer or post your reply on the comment that its spam and ill probably see it and warn or ban that user after deleting the comments.

3. 1
    Looperman : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

what i will do is add the function for you to be able to flag stuff as spam. This is already on my list of things to do. When this is in place anyone who is posting spam will automatically come to my attention and that will help prevent the problem.

4. 1662143
    MrSpookd : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

Nice! Glad to see that this is taken into account. Thanks for keeping the site a nice place! I hope that there will be plenty more improvements in the future.

PS: did you create that typo accidentally, because it is kind of ironic with the topic being about editing comments :P I lol'd

5. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

I wish I could edit my comments as well. Not that anyone here is going to made a big deal of misspelling a word, using incorrect sentence structure or bad punctuation but there have been times I wish I would have worded things differently or realized I had referred to someone using the wrong name. You know the embarrassing mistakes that make you look dumber than you think you are !

6. 219480
    CelloCubano : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

This is actually great Ive been receiving comments of soundcloud tracks on my loops that haven't even used the loop. Quite annoying, but great work guys!

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

What is actually going to be classified as spam? I've got a pretty good idea and quite frankly it's endemic here, you can't turn around on Looperman without bumping into soundcloud spammers, so there'd be more flags raised than a United Nations picnic, as for editing posts that would be great yet with the gobbledygook that passes for language these days who's going to notice a few typos...... ;)

8. 2200917
    Tmanpro : Sun 14th Jan 2018 : 1 year ago

^This has been an issue for me too... why will users only be able to flag comments on their own loops and not delete them?

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads