From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

User Votes On Key For Loops With Unidentified Key

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

I typically search for loops by key, because if I just try a bunch of loops none of them are in the right key for the track I'm working on, and I waste so much time. However if I search by key, there are so few loops that have their key on them that I run out of loops to try quickly. I'm suggesting that approved users are able to identify the key on other peoples loops who left their key Undefined. Then when a user searches for loops by key, it will find all those loops that the loop creator assigned that key to, and if none was assigned, it uses the user identified key. If 5 users identify the key on a loop, but some of them identify it as A and others identify it as something else, then the Key with the most votes wins for that loop. If there are problems with loops being misidentified, then perhaps the key identification could be limited to respected members who contribute loops and/or tracks. If the loop creator disagrees with the key assigned by other users, they can just assign a key to their loop and it will override the other user assigned key.

2. 1
    Looperman : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

a way for others to report issues or fill in any blanks with loops would be a good addition. Ill add it to the list.

3. 1547231
    Lemonization : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

Kind of along the same lines it’d be good if there was something similar for bpm especially for acapellas as sometimes it’s fairly easy to work it out but sometimes it can be a real pain.

4. 1
    Looperman : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

acapellas should have the bpm set. so yes, if i get to implement this it would be on all sections

5. 1547231
    Lemonization : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

Yeah but quite a lot of the time a random bpm value is selected. I've never uploaded an acapella (and if you'd heard me sing you'd understand why!) but I believe you are forced to select a bpm value and there's quite a few that select 90 or 120 because they don't know what it is which is fair enough, but it might be better to not force users to select a value if they don't know it. The problem then is that more will be left with the value unset I guess.

But thanks anyway, this feature would be really useful.

6. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 29th Dec 2017 : 11 months ago

@Lemonization: I'd sooner have no value than an incorrect one for things like BPM or Key!

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Chill Out Track