So When Does A Track Become Yours

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 2518616
    DaffVibes : Wed 27th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago Just a question here.

About how many audio loops should your track have on it to be considered as yours, and original?

What if it was just a beat layered with one other sound loop, is that your track and original, or do you guys feel there should be at least 3 to 4 loops, or more to be yours and not just some rip?
  2. 1938010
    heyhobo : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago as far as i know, no matter how many loops you use, its yours.
  3. 1659074
    Arloph09 : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago theres no limit
  4. 2494025
    BoredPeaches : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago I'm pretty sure that everything on looperman is royalty free (see https://www.looperman.com/help/terms, and https://www.looperman.com/help/faq/loops). So in a legal sense, you could make a song completely out of loops from looperman and it would still be legally yours, and you could still legally sell or redistribute it however you like. However, from a philosophical perspective rather than a legal perspective it is different, and I find it very interesting to debate with myself if the song I am making with a loop or sample is still mine. I think the best way over all to determine if a song made with a loop from looperman is "yours" in a way that blends the philosophical and legal perspectives is to look to the legal principles of "fair use". Particularly the "transformative" component. I think that, ideally, the content you make that uses loops from looperman should be transformative when at all possible. However, this is just my opinion, and I would like to reiterate that LEGALLY you can make a whole song out of loops from looperman and brand it as yours, with no credit given at all to the original creators. The question is, should you?
  5. 657064
    hanorotu : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago I agree with BoredPeaches. You can do whatever you want, but the ultimate goal is to create and grow together in my opinion. I use loops for inspiration. They get me out of my funk so I can go back to creating original content. I have even taken loops from here, used them in a track and then went back and remade the loop that I found here from scratch and made it better and more fitting for my song.
  6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago Maybe it's better to ask yourself if you've achieved personal satisfaction, because when that happens you've made a tangible increment that can be measured on a personal level, if your purely using other people's loops and nothing else I can't see any scope for originality whatsoever, and where's the satisfaction in that, however if your creating the majority of facets within a track there's a much greater chance it's going to be accepted as original work.
  7. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 28th Dec 2017 : 6 months ago Grandmaster Flash was honoured in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago. Nearly all off of his original creativity came off the efforts others to include yes, commercial samples. After that it later opened the door for other artists that MTV in the early 1980's refused and resisted to play. Your personal satisfaction has to come from within and not another guy's interpretation on what it is. Always stay legal and Royalty free and you will be fine.

Others will complain, and let them. But do not let that deter you from playing to your audience, followers, or fans because your fans will let you know. So just be yourself, believe in yourself, and do not conform, or surrender.

It's your creativity that is original, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Hip-Hop legend and sampler, GrandMaster Flash, and there can be lot of satisfaction in your work personally and along with your followers. It's yours, never apologize for your music and don't allow them to take it away from you.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Rap Track