See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Who Made The Best Loops In 2017 On Looperman Dot Com

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 630386
    Unknown User : Sat 23rd Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

I remember a few years ago the Admin, the Looperman wrote a thread similar to this one. So often the loop producer gets forgotten as so many here chose to incorporate the excellent work and creative ideas of the loop producers on this site into their songs here, on SC, on YT, and beyond. Thanks, and I applaud you for that!

So who made the best loops in 2017 on Looperman dot com. Some of the criteria to consider, but not exclusive to what I listed below, may help you make that determination.

1) Quality, how does the loop sound and is the loop producer's loops mostly useful. Are they mixed well when applicable like a drum loop for example. Do they avoid things like digital clipping. Is the tone quality drab or lively.

2) Creativity, does the loop producer in question make the same redundant sounds and patterns most of the time, well that's no fun. Does the loop producer keep thing interesting by changing things up and introduces new styles and methods every now and then. Do they use effects and do they use them correctly.

3) Organic versus Synth, I am not taking a side but you might, but really you don't have to. Some loop producers do both. What do you think is the most important kind of sounds you look for?

4) Not one dimensional. The loop producer plays and performs in several genres and is quite good at changing genres and performing in multiple genres, uses various bpms settings, and velocity intensities.

5) The loop producer puts out sounds regularly and is very reliable. They also may have an ample size collection that you go to time and time again.

6) They use more than on instrument or they are damn good at the one they have.

Above are just suggestion and are not meant to be absolutes or to tell you what and how to think, just general ideas. You may have your own list of criteria, the floor is open. Go right ahead and tell us. List your top 5. All comments, criticism are welcomed, this is an open forum.

---------------

1) Minor2Go
    2) Danke
    3) Rasputin1963
    4) PlanetJazzBass
    5) subSpace

You make not agree with my list.

2. 2493968
    skeletonmusic : Sun 24th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

MaMaGBeats made the best loops imo

3. 693226
    acoustic678 : Mon 25th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

I came in late this year but i know I’ll be considered next year. Im just waiting on Ableton 10 then ill bring the heat!

4. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Mon 25th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

I don't know about when they created them or all these rules that JosephFunk came up with, but I just wanted to give a shout out to some of the loop makers whose loops I love:
    sushilbawa
    soleilxlune
    silencekills
    ferryterry
    nightingale
    yappy
    xyilent
    eshar
    and yep these guys (kind of goes without saying)
    Minor2Go
    Danke
    Rasputin1963
    PlanetJazzBass
    JosephFunk

5. 1429381
    aplolatis : Mon 25th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

i agree with joseph but why no 40A?? the boy on fire

6. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

sushilbawa
    DesignedImpression
    DjRedJacket
    Old Wave Records
    Myself. :D

7. 1312598
    PriorityBeats : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

I'm offended im not being considered

8. 2399306
    Unknown User : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

Sushilbawa
    Minor2Go
    HBSamples
    Danke
    SilenceKills

9. 2146076
    8teen : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

check out my loops

10. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

@PriorityBeats: I took a listen to your loops, and I can definitely see myself using them in the future. However I can see why you got lost in the shuffle. There are so many loop contributors, but most of the folks on my list put a Key on their loops. When I'm working on a track, I usually get a couple of loops I really like, and then I figure out what key my track is in. After that I search Looperman using the search by key. That means I the bulk of the loops I find and use are always going to have the key entered on them. It's just too much work to go through loops that I don't know if they are in the key I am looking for. I've tried searching leaving off the key and it usually takes hours and I come up empty. If I search by key, I typically can find a bunch of loops that will work on my track in an hour or less.

11. 2350896
    syltmusic : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

I'm posting Ethnic loops :) Kontakt burns my laptop T.T

12. 1846970
    ApodrasiBeatsUMFTH : Tue 26th Dec 2017 : 3 years ago

check my loops

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums