If Drake Dropped A Track Like

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 966402
    tekreck : Mon 18th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

UNFORGETTABLE on here but you didn't know who he was would you recognize it as a great song?

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

Who's that?

3. 2192319
    BLACKMANSTA10 : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

Sorry yo, I got confused on what you're saying. What're you saying?

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

"Unforgettable"..a superb song by Nat King Cole and yes a great song!..Drake??? surely you mean Sir Francis Drake who successfully circumnavigated the globe in 1577/80.....unfortunately he never had a successful recording career, electricity hadn't even been discovered then!

5. 1127123
    Arhum : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

^Troll of the month... xD

6. 1372953
    PacifyDaWorld : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

I don't know because there's the "hype" and the social image of the "famous" person. How many time I've hated a song in a radio but then finally found myself singing it all day long, or instantanly loved a song because I liked the artist.

If you like a song in the first listen, it's on your own feelings, then if you hate a song but finally loving it by hearing it everywhere : club, radio, friends. I call it the "social hype" (very common).

Yeah... Deep... maybe I'm out subject too but I haven't sleep about 2 days.

Good question btw.

Ps: excuse my english

7. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

You guys are way too funny. Dave that was hilarious. Have any of you heard of the artist known as French Montana? French Montana is an artist who is produced by Sean (P-Diddy) Combs. P-Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment Label has not done much to promote French Montana to the mainstream which is why many of you may not heard of French Montana. French Montana released a song called Unforgettable in April of 2017. This is not a cover song or a remake of Nat King Cole's song. Also the original poster was comparing the style of Drake to French Montana, I think. Just passing info that is all. You can watch the video if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTFtOOh47oo

8. 966402
    tekreck : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

I guess not everything has to have a point.

I agree with all of you.

I listened to the Nat Song and its very good. My question seems to be turning into philosophy..

If there's a truly great producer of music on this site, do they have a choice in fame? at least in this facility?
    If all they would do is post. Would the music be enough to carry the name?

To me, it seems yes. but the social hype isn't free.
    It must be initially generated by the artist, even if its only posting the songs.. If that song was good enough to touch many lives, the hype and fame would come.. yes?

Ok, now.. there ARE some really great artists and producers here.. the point of the question is that if someone like nat king cole posted a song that was a nat king cole song and you heard it.. would you recognize it as great music even if you didn't know who nat was?

I enjoy the comments, thank you all for posting

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

Definitely! I've heard music on this site that is absolutely world class and given the right window of opportunity and enough financial backing could, would and should have propelled the artists in question to some substantial commercial and social recognition. Members such as Psychotropic Circle, Bilbozo, SlapJohnson and in particular Patricia Edwards are excellent examples. Patricia Edwards to this day is one of the best voices I've ever heard, now I realise that music is a very speculative art form and highly opinionated, and obviously there are other genres that I haven't fully explored on this site which undoubtedly would contain some very talented people who could also throw their hat in the ring. In a way while it can be seen as unfortunate that fame has eluded these people I see it as an opportunity to hear their true musical inspiration and being able to glimpse their true personas untrammeled by celebrity.

10. 1372953
    PacifyDaWorld : Tue 19th Dec 2017 : 1 year ago

Yes I agree.

It's all about the vibes !

In my experience i've seen that the music merge with emotion & mood, like if I listen to one of my favotite song it will give me that specific emotion that i search in adequation to my feels of the moment.

Sadness, love, hapiness, relaxing, etc...

In the morning people in general listen to high bpm & happy music to wake up, then low bpm at night before bed, like it's following your's heartbeat too.

My cousin listen to Ab-Soul a american rapper wich is ... dark you know, and I recognize that my cousin who is lost in his feelings about life identificate to that type of vibration because it match.

Recently he lestening to neo-soul type music and I see some change in his mood and attitude a little.

So It's all for the "scientific" part lol, I'm deep as always, I like to think about theses things.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads