Guitar Center Going Broke

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 1 month ago Just saw this on YouTube: I kind of liked them, sad to see them failing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNUez1JfYs
  2. 308224
    theHumps : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 1 month ago I like guitar center too, always a fun place to hang out for an hour or so. The closest one to me now is an hour and a half away. Been there once in the last 5 years, I hit my local music stores instead. Places like golf courses are hurting too. Who's got the money to buy new gear, go golfing or take a trip somewhere. People can't even afford to be insured. People resort to buying used gear when times are tough.

Bummer.
  3. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 1 month ago Well you really should do some research on Guitar Center. I for one am not a big fan. I have done business with them in the past but they really have had their share of issues and don't have a very good rating with customers. Overall I think they have basically been responsible for putting a lot of good small music stores out of business. I don't think their business model is very practical anymore and they most likely wont survive. I agree that its sad to see such a huge recognized name on the brink of bankruptcy and possibly disappearing but they have done it to themselves. I'm more concerned about their employees loosing their jobs.
  4. 630386
    JosephFunk : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 1 month ago Guitar Center has always had going out of business news every year since 2014. Most of it has been about debt consolidation and bankruptcy protection while restructuring. I predict they will eventually become an online shop like SweetWater. Now I am not saying that online is better by any means. But it will allow them to survive a little bit longer like a wounded deer in the hopes of getting bought out.

And I must also say, it is quite difficult to buy any instrument online with just a photo and a description. Smaller local shops will fill the one for one swap deals, cash trades, and instrument repair void.
  5. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 1 month ago How does SweetWater afford to send all of those catalogs? Shesh, you buy one $35 product from them and they send you $500 worth of catalogs. Sweetwater does have good customer support from what I've experienced. It was nice to actually be able to try the equipment at Guitar Center, though.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured House Track