Guitar Center Going Broke

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago Just saw this on YouTube: I kind of liked them, sad to see them failing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNUez1JfYs
  2. 308224
    theHumps : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago I like guitar center too, always a fun place to hang out for an hour or so. The closest one to me now is an hour and a half away. Been there once in the last 5 years, I hit my local music stores instead. Places like golf courses are hurting too. Who's got the money to buy new gear, go golfing or take a trip somewhere. People can't even afford to be insured. People resort to buying used gear when times are tough.

Bummer.
  3. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago Well you really should do some research on Guitar Center. I for one am not a big fan. I have done business with them in the past but they really have had their share of issues and don't have a very good rating with customers. Overall I think they have basically been responsible for putting a lot of good small music stores out of business. I don't think their business model is very practical anymore and they most likely wont survive. I agree that its sad to see such a huge recognized name on the brink of bankruptcy and possibly disappearing but they have done it to themselves. I'm more concerned about their employees loosing their jobs.
  4. 630386
    Unknown User : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago Guitar Center has always had going out of business news every year since 2014. Most of it has been about debt consolidation and bankruptcy protection while restructuring. I predict they will eventually become an online shop like SweetWater. Now I am not saying that online is better by any means. But it will allow them to survive a little bit longer like a wounded deer in the hopes of getting bought out.

And I must also say, it is quite difficult to buy any instrument online with just a photo and a description. Smaller local shops will fill the one for one swap deals, cash trades, and instrument repair void.
  5. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 16th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago How does SweetWater afford to send all of those catalogs? Shesh, you buy one $35 product from them and they send you $500 worth of catalogs. Sweetwater does have good customer support from what I've experienced. It was nice to actually be able to try the equipment at Guitar Center, though.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trap Track