Magix Music Maker

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 12665
    transparent : Thu 7th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Has anyone ever used or made anything decent with magix music maker? I am currently using reason , but a friend said I should explore magix also as this is good to quickly create music it looks like you drag and drop samples in from the software but I'm sure theres much more to it then that.

Thanks
  2. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 7th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Magix MM, Acid Pro, and Reaper have very similar attributes and workflow methods. All three have a simplified approach to common tasks. Magix MM has a better bundle of included instruments and loops, tons of wizards to facilitate ease of use, and a huge bunch of tutorials created by the Magix people and not just by the users.

It also has support for current audio standards, VST-64/32 support and Rewire. I have used in the past. You can make some very useful clear sounding music. It has a very simplified approach for recording to your Mic as well. I currently use Reason 10, but it took me 5 years to where I felt I had a decent command of it. I would recommend Magix for you opposed to Reason. You can use the Rewire technology to slave Reason with Magix to form a super like DAW and have Magix MM in control of everything.

You must buy it before 20 Dec 2017. There flagship version, the premium version, is on sale for: $79.99 USD. Normal price for Magix MM Premium is: $463.97 USD. That's a savings of $383.00.

Good Luck!
  3. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Thu 7th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago I bought Magix Music Maker Premium. I also had the cheaper version. Both crashed all the time once I started creating tracks with any complexity. I lost a ton of work this way. I have seen forums that also mentioned that Magix Music Maker is a crashy piece of garbage. I swiched to REAPER have been using it for 600+ hours and have not had one crash. Go with REAPER. Avoid Magix like the plague and you will be happy.
  4. 1127123
    asidRn : Thu 7th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago i dont know a lot of big-name artists who use magix mm. a lot more seem to use reaper or reason though (if they use reason, it's usually in conjunction with another daw in rewire mode - e.g. logic, pro tools, ableton etc.)

you can check out what other artists use and what they have to say on sites like these: http://equipboard.com/

having said that, use whatever feels comfortable to you... nothing else matters ;)
  5. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago It would never be more than 30 mins before a crash in Magix and I wasn't even using any VST's. In REAPER I use tons of heavy VST's and no crashes ever. You can try REAPER for free, and if you love it pay $60. Plus there are tons of tutorials & videos for REAPER and a huge helpful community. Magix doesn't even compare there either.
  6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Be wary of negative anecdotal experiences posted here as there are a multitude of factors that can effect a so called 'crash' of any DAW and the vast majority of these are user related and not endemic to that particular software, the best (and only logical) thing to do is use a demo version and asses the program, any program, vst etc that doesn't have a trail period isn't worth considering in the first place.
  7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Oops that should read assess! lol
  8. 2276282
  9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Your missing the point Neuro, pick any DAW and look on the net for it's pros and cons and you'll find heaps in both camps, same applies to that link you posted....The main thing for anyone considering purchasing a DAW is to do some research and more importantly try it out first.
  10. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago @neuromancer56, please stop, just stop it. You can find the same type of DAW bashing post about any DAW on just about any DJ/Musician/Music/Producer website. What you did was exposed yourself as an inexperienced person who has bitter grapes against this company. Why should anyone believe you. I have no way of verifying that your system is running in the most optimum conditions. Do you update frequently, do have a firewall, do you use some Warez, is your security up to date, are you a gamer on that system, do your kids use it for other things, do you use it for video production, do you use ASIO, how much RAM do you have, what type of other software products are you running, do you use a mix of 32/64 VST's, does certain areas of your computer has rights restrictions, how often do you check for data corruptions, what type of and how many external hardware devices do you run, did you run the Magix MM update and so on.

A correct review of a product would entail product strengths and pluses, like the improved MIDI editor, the updated instruments, compared to Reaper which comes with no Instruments, and the huge expanded loop library Magix MM has, Reaper has none. Also a review of the bundled instruments Magix has. Then maybe the bad details like, the automation controls lack ability to automate the BPM control in real time or something like that.

Explaining your own problems does not help anyone other than allowing you to vent which is rather silly. All DAWs crash, some more than others. But it is your unique environment that determines if a product will run for you. Ableton Live crashed for me, I could not run it. So should I trash Ableton Live just because it failed miserably for me me? No, that would be very unwise and plain stoopid. There is nothing you said that convinced me that Magix MM is a bad product. Just get over yourself. Just as many others praised the product in the link you posted anyways.
  11. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago I'm just trying to save others the same grief I went through with Magix. It was perhaps the most unpleasant experience I have had with a software application, and I've used 1000';s over the years. You're telling me to stop it, but you asked me a bunch of questions, so I'm assuming you want answers.

Do you update frequently:
    Windows 10 updates itself regularly.

Do have a firewall: yes

Do you use some Warez: No none.

Is your security up to date: Yes

Are you a gamer on that system: Used to, haven't played a game in ages.

Do your kids use it for other things: Just me.

Do you use it for video production: I have Action! installed but use it rarely.

Do you use ASIO: For REAPER I use WaveOut. Don't know what I used for Magix, and you can't make me start that app up ever again. :P

How much RAM do you have: 8GB

What type of other software products are you running: Pretty much nothing. Notepad++ & Chrome.

Do you use a mix of 32/64 VST's: As I said above I didn't even have *ANY* VST's installed on my machine, and Magix would crash every 30 minutes. With REAPER I have installed boatloads of large VST's 32 & 64 Bit. Ran 664 hours and never a crash.

Does certain areas of your computer has rights restrictions: I set up no special rights or restrictions that Windows doesn't come with out of the box.

How often do you check for data corruptions: Never but it's a fairly new harddrive.

What type of and how many external hardware devices do you run: When I had Magix none other than a mouse keyboard and monitor. I have added a midi keyboard and Maschine Jam since I went with REAPER.

Did you run the Magix MM update and so on? I got the most recent updated version from Steam.

Yes Magix comes with a bunch of loops, but you can get 100,000 free loops on this site so that's not a plus. I'm guessing that the free instruments Magix comes with aren't anything great compared to what you would get if you bought good ones say from Native Instruments.

When one of the positive reviews for MMM says "Needs a monster computer, crashes a fair bit save early save often, incremental saves 01 02 03 etc." that is not to me a vote of confidence.

Just the name Magix brings back bad memories for me. And I happen to love REAPER, nothing but good memories. So when someone makes a post mentioning both products and someone else is asking if they should spend their hard earned money on them, well it's like waving a nice juicy steak in front of a hungry lion. I wouldn't wish that pain of perpetual lost work on anyone. You know when you get inspired, you've been struggling with a track, and suddenly things start falling together, everything sounds awesome, and then crash lose everything and it's been a while since you saved because you got swept up in the moment again. I don't have to live in that constant fear anymore. I just think only of the music, and that is the way to work.
  12. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago I do get everyone's point that it does depend on your configuration, and for some people with just the right set of VST's REAPER will crash, and maybe Magix won't. But Magix has a reputation for being crashy even among it's supporters, and REAPER has a reputation for being stable unless you throw really crazy VST's at it. If you try the free version of Magix and love it, more power to you.
  13. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago There are plenty of happy Magix MM customer videos on Youtube of actually people using this product with no issues but you are not one of them and that is unfortunate, but that is par for the course. Who are you actually saving from some grief now? What you went through, although I will acknowledge may have been really bad, it is not the typical experience. You are having trouble separating your emotions in this experience from actual reality. You sound pretty worked up over this. But when Ableton failed for me, I did not curse it, I found something else and never looked back. I am glad you found something that works for you. Good Luck!
  14. 2192319
    BlackMansta10 : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago I did use Magix tutorial before. I was interested after I first tried out their mobile app, which was pretty handy. I beleive it's an awesome start off if you're trying to get the hang of making music by understanding melodies work, get a feel for a tempo you may like, whatever else, etc. :/

The only thing I have against it is that if you want to sell the creations you've made, you have to buy a selling license from the developers, who pay other musicians to make the loops. It's understandable, but.... eh. :l

Also, it somewhat helped me understand FL Studio better, since they almost look the same(look not work).
  15. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Choosing which DAW to commit to is a big deal. You could potentially put thousands of hours into projects that are very difficult to migrate to a different DAW. For that reason, I would recommend investing that time in DAW whose development team values app stability and quality highly. The Steam reviews taken as a whole tell me that the crashes are widespread enough to indicate that Magix does not. It does take resources to test on a variety of platforms or implement a strong beta testing program. I suggest investing time creating projects in a DAW whose team values these things. Stuff like some free loops and giveaway quality instruments are not enough to sacrifice stability, especially since you can find these things in great supply for free on the internet.
  16. 1003794
    SoleilxLune : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago Hi. I used to use Magix MM to make tracks. Actually, almost all of the tracks I've post here were made with that DAW. In my experience, it's very intuitive and easy to use. Sadly, once you get more experience, Magix becomes too limitant. That's the only issue I find on it.

My track "Holy Snowfall" (my favorite) was made entirely on Magix MM. And I think it sounds a little decent (just need to fix some issues at mixing). The only tracks I didn't make on Magix are "Alone in the Stars", "Rain" (basically 'cause I only made the vocals) and "Halloween" (I made that one on Adobe Audition).

Currently I use Reaper. Not so sophisticated as Cubase or Protools, but it's ok if you're not so begginer in this stuff of making music.

That's my opinion. Hope that helps :)
  17. 1433563
    MannyP3 : Sat 9th Dec 2017 : 1 week ago I have used Magix in the past and overall I don't like it. It's not really bad but I feel there are better options. I haven't used it for a few years so it is possible they have improved a lot since then.

It was easy to use and came with enough loops to make songs in most of the popular electric music genres. I found it was especially good for loop based production. It is also not that expensive.

However there was a long list of negatives.

It crashed for me many times in the short time I used it. I don't think I have ever had another music program crash in the last five years. Maschine, Maschine with Ableton and Reaper all run great. Even though I have used Maschine in standalone thousands of times more than Magix I have had no problems with it.

Like BlackMantsa10 said, the included sounds are not royalty free without buying an additional license.

Personally I didn't like the VST instruments. They were generally kind of flat sounding. Not terrible but not great.

Which sums up how I feel about Magix pretty well.
Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track