Net Neutrality

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 630386
    Unknown User : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago Dark days are ahead for people who use the Internet in the United States of America. The big telecom companies here are about to control the Internet here and do as they see fit. And just because many of you do not live here,it does not you will not be indirectly affected by the reversal of Net Neutrality policies here.

Net Neutrality's primary purpose is to level the playing field for everyone and bans the gatekeepers of the web from throttling, controlling, filtering and blocking Internet services, apps and sites. In the USA your provider will get to decide what you can see and at what speed so they can make way for corporate companies and the very rich to have top tier speeds and service. If you are poor or low income, get in the slow speed lane is what they will tell you. There will be a sudden impact that everyone will feel. E-commerce, streaming and social media will all be affected dramatically but mostly everyday people will fell the pinch in performance, price, or both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyzP5hejxI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njVzRph3JJs
  2. 1938010
    heyhobo : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago they tried to do this in germany some time ago, but they failed because of the massive backlash. lets hope the same happens in america. although it really isnt looking good to be honest /: the fcc already said that "public support for net neutrality won’t stop repeal".
  3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago Is this a Government or Corporate led initiative Joe? or both as the separation between politics and plutocrats becomes less and less every day, I'm not surprised with this news though money has always equated to power and power is all about control.
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago I think that this is just a public admission of what has already been going on behind the scenes.
  5. 630386
    Unknown User : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago Hi Dave, the motives are clear. The big telecomm companies want to increase their profit margins and regulate the Web. Members of Congress have been lobbied by the second largest lobbying firm in the USA, Comcast, some of them are receiving financial kickbacks. The President of the USA is on board with ending Net Neutrality. And the public by and large are going about their daily lives as if nothing is about to happen on 14 DEC 17. Also the media has been quiet, tight lipped and not reported it that much. So there will be an unfortunate convergence of circumstances that will allow this to pass. Such a powerful decision will not be made by The President or Congress here. It will be made by a supposedly autonomous organization known as the FCC. The current head of the FCC is a former high level executive from Verizon, another major tellcomm, and was appointed by Trump who supports ending Net Neutrality.

So those are the facts, many have drawn their own conclusions. On a personal level, I hope Trump busts up the Internet because of American's blatant apathy on something that is really important in the USA. We have so much access to information but Americans here are sitting on their thumbs thinking, somebody else will handle it. A prevailing culture of apathy has swept the USA so much to the point that the USA has become a reactionary society which is how Trump got elected due to the widespread lethargy here and now those same people want to throw him out of office. Cannot blame the politicians and corporation exclusively for this one here, I think if Net Neutrality is dismantled here, the American people bares a lot of responsibility on this matter as well.
  6. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 3rd Dec 2017 : 10 months ago This is just one problem of many humanity faces. The only way I can see us surviving is if we get together, put our differences aside, discuss the problems we each face and work together to solve them. I wish there was a movement to do this. That is a movement I could believe in and get behind. Religion, government, and business will always fail us. We need to do the work ourselves.
  7. 2518616
    DaffVibes : Wed 27th Dec 2017 : 9 months ago It sucks how technology gets so much better, but freedom gets slightly more and more restricted in the process of things. I can see a civil war taking place of some sort in the future here within the US.

Also, artificial intelligence/robots will take many jobs away, so we are going to have to work online as a means to make money somehow eventually. Unless we all become actors and stuff.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track