Cakewalk Sonar Dead - Heading Towards The Graveyard Right Now

Posts 1 - 2 of 2
  1. 630386
    JosephFunk : Tue 28th Nov 2017 : 3 months ago Sonar was considered as a major DAW by many but not at the same level as Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, Fl Studio, and Reason. Gibson, the guitar people and current owners of all things that are Cakewalk, has bungled the handling of Cakewalk, and also Sonar. Cakewalk, before Gibson bought it 2013, was a storied and historic company that help shaped the digital music business landscape to what it is today even before any DAW was invented. They were once one of the top major players out here. It is a shame to see them go down in flames like this.

So I am writing this to inform you the DAW NOT to purchase moving forward. The users of Sonar are some really dedicated folks. But it is really time for you to jump ship now and learn a new DAW. Experts say Ableton Live and Cubase are great transitional DAW's. But user's are recommending Reaper for it's hidden power and smaller learning curve. Good Luck to all you Sonar People!

A white night could still rescue Cakewalk. But remember, the Magix people rescued Sony Acid Pro, which was formerly Sonic Foundry Acid Pro, and now Magix Acid Pro. Well, that has gone no where. Those rescue attempts do not end that well anyway. So leave Sonar now. Gibson is slated to offer a few more updates and then Cakewalk is dead! Sonar is also being given away as in free bundle for Computer Music Magazine subscribers. You can still make great sounding music with Sonar for fun but not recommend if you use your DAW as a production system to earn revenue.
  2. 1564425
    rasputin1963 : Tue 28th Nov 2017 : 3 months ago That's a shame. SONAR has been my go-to DAW since the late 'Aughts. But I've invested so much time and money and energy into using it, that I am prepared to go on using it for some time. There's a lot of things it does right.
Posts 1 - 2 of 2

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trap Track