Is It Ok To Use Loops And Samples On Soundcloud

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 1 month ago I respected member of the Looperman community just sent me the following messages on the soundcloud site:
    You have used my music without my permission. I reported you to the admin on looperman.
    Please take down any songs you created using my loops. I will pursue legal action and have them all removed by force.
    You stole beats from my page. If you don't remove said tracks I will get them removed by force.
    If you don't remove your tracks within 24 hours then I will report this crime, and you will get a visit by the cops etc. I don't think, you want to experience that.
    ------------
    I only use loops from the loops and samples section,
    My reply was follows:
    Sorry, which song did you want me to take down. I thought it was ok to use loops from looperman? I only used loops. No samples from tracks.
    It says on the looperman site that the loops are royalty free. There is nothing that mentions having to get permission to use. But I will take down any track you have an issue with.
    I didn't use any beats from the page you mentioned. I only ever use loops from looperman, or other free royalty free sites. What track do you have an issue with? I will take it down, but I don't believe I did anything wrong. If you upload loops they are supposed to be royalty free. I don't take stuff from tracks. The only track I ever used was a remix of the Magic Pond that I got permission to do from Modnex and I only posted that on Looperman.
    -----------
    So now I'm really confused. Is it not ok to use loops from the loops and samples section in you tracks and post those on other sites like soundcloud? How should I proceed with this artist's complaints?
  2. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 1 month ago Hi neuromancer56,

the loops on looperman are royality free to use for everyone.
    Sure you are allowed to upload tracks with looperman loops on Soundcloud, Youtube etc.
    If you want to use tracks, parts of tracks or acapellas from looperman, you definitely need the permission of the creator.

If someone is complaining about using his / her loops which where uploaded on looperman, just answer that loops here are royality free.
    If he / she cant deal with it, he / she should stop uploading loops on looperman.

Greetings
    Martin
  3. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 1 month ago "If you don't remove your tracks within 24 hours then I will report this crime, and you will get a visit by the cops etc. I don't think, you want to experience that." Ha ha, That's a good one !

It is a bit confusing, first he tells you to take down any songs you created using his loops. Then he goes on to say you stole his beats. You should read the terms of use section regarding loops.

https://www.looperman.com/help/terms

My understanding is that you cannot take loops from Looperman and post them on other sites in their original form and and try to sell or re-distribute. But its ok if you used them to create a track or beat as long as you disclose that they were loops from this site.

"Should you use loops within media uploaded to sites such as youtube, soundcloud etc you must make it known in the description of your uploads that you used content from looperman.com."

If that's the case, just make sure you have the disclaimer. Then tell this guy to F off.
  4. 1
    Looperman : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 1 month ago Beware of accounts on soundcloud pretending to be users on looperman. Not everything is as it seems over there.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Dubstep Track