Is It Ok To Use Loops And Samples On Soundcloud

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 9 months ago I respected member of the Looperman community just sent me the following messages on the soundcloud site:
    You have used my music without my permission. I reported you to the admin on looperman.
    Please take down any songs you created using my loops. I will pursue legal action and have them all removed by force.
    You stole beats from my page. If you don't remove said tracks I will get them removed by force.
    If you don't remove your tracks within 24 hours then I will report this crime, and you will get a visit by the cops etc. I don't think, you want to experience that.
    ------------
    I only use loops from the loops and samples section,
    My reply was follows:
    Sorry, which song did you want me to take down. I thought it was ok to use loops from looperman? I only used loops. No samples from tracks.
    It says on the looperman site that the loops are royalty free. There is nothing that mentions having to get permission to use. But I will take down any track you have an issue with.
    I didn't use any beats from the page you mentioned. I only ever use loops from looperman, or other free royalty free sites. What track do you have an issue with? I will take it down, but I don't believe I did anything wrong. If you upload loops they are supposed to be royalty free. I don't take stuff from tracks. The only track I ever used was a remix of the Magic Pond that I got permission to do from Modnex and I only posted that on Looperman.
    -----------
    So now I'm really confused. Is it not ok to use loops from the loops and samples section in you tracks and post those on other sites like soundcloud? How should I proceed with this artist's complaints?
  2. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 9 months ago Hi neuromancer56,

the loops on looperman are royality free to use for everyone.
    Sure you are allowed to upload tracks with looperman loops on Soundcloud, Youtube etc.
    If you want to use tracks, parts of tracks or acapellas from looperman, you definitely need the permission of the creator.

If someone is complaining about using his / her loops which where uploaded on looperman, just answer that loops here are royality free.
    If he / she cant deal with it, he / she should stop uploading loops on looperman.

Greetings
    Martin
  3. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 9 months ago "If you don't remove your tracks within 24 hours then I will report this crime, and you will get a visit by the cops etc. I don't think, you want to experience that." Ha ha, That's a good one !

It is a bit confusing, first he tells you to take down any songs you created using his loops. Then he goes on to say you stole his beats. You should read the terms of use section regarding loops.

https://www.looperman.com/help/terms

My understanding is that you cannot take loops from Looperman and post them on other sites in their original form and and try to sell or re-distribute. But its ok if you used them to create a track or beat as long as you disclose that they were loops from this site.

"Should you use loops within media uploaded to sites such as youtube, soundcloud etc you must make it known in the description of your uploads that you used content from looperman.com."

If that's the case, just make sure you have the disclaimer. Then tell this guy to F off.
  4. 1
    Looperman : Mon 27th Nov 2017 : 9 months ago Beware of accounts on soundcloud pretending to be users on looperman. Not everything is as it seems over there.
  5. 847669
    EricMilligan : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago Just listened to a track here on Looperman based on a loop posted by a Looperman member. The producer of the track acknowledged that it was a loop by another member and identified it. I checked out the loop. Loads of listens and downloads, and comments. Most of the comments included links to tracks posted on Soundcloud, that used the loop.

I was curious and checked out three of the links. None of the tracks on Souncloud acknowledged that the track used a loop from Looperman. And, in my view even more disturbing, none of them credited the Looperman member who created the loop. One of them actually provided a link for anybody interested in buying the track! And, not to pick a fight here, the only thing that was added was just a pretty lame, generic sounding drum part.

I guess I am naive, but I am really not impressed. The member who created that very nice loop deserves much better.

Might be that some of the other comments with links to tracks on Soudcloud do credit Looperman and the loop creator. So, I don't want to tar everyone of them with the same brush, but 3 is 3 too many.
  6. 847669
    EricMilligan : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago Just decided to check all the links to tracks posted on Soundcloud, using the loop I referenced in my previous post here. Of 29 tracks (a few were removed), only 6 acknowledged the source of the loop, giving credit to the Looperman member. Three contained links for purchasing the track/beat created from the loop. None of those three provided any acknowledgement of the original loop.

I guess it is something that the people who used the loop at least advised the loop's creator using the comments. That was good. And, it seems that the loop creator has reposted several of the tracks/beats on his own Soundcloud page, which suggests that he isn't that fussed about not getting any explicit recognition. But, it still isn't right in my view.
  7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago There is a pretty simple solution... avoid soundcloud like the plague. It has gotten corrupted, and is full of wanna be stars and divas fighting for followers and recognition. While this is not unusual in itself, it is interesting to note that most of them do not create anything original. They simply mashup other people's ideas, repost songs they like, and use pictures of models to promote themselves.
  8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago The real issue is the complete lack of common courtesy with soundcloud link posters and this shouldn't come as any surprise, 99% of the offenders are young wannabees who literally think urban music is the only genre worth listening to....and look what they've done to this place turned it into friggin Lookingforarapper.com
  9. 630386
    Unknown User : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago My take on this Ed is, loop producers post loops here freely of their own will. Looperman's terms and agreement is crystal clear. So let's think about this for a moment. When was last time you ever heard anyone giving credit to PrimeLoops or Loopmasters, which are paid sponsors here on this site, and gave them credit for a loop in their song? That almost never that happens. Then what makes the royalty free loops here any special than theirs? A mention of the loop producer is never a requirement in a song that has loops from this site, maybe a courtesy at best.

Looperman's terms say: You acknowledge and agree that other users may use the media you upload to the loops area are royalty free in their own projects.......

And,

All samples and loops are free to use in commercial and non commercial projects.

No mention in the terms of the song producers giving props on Youtube or SoundCloud for their songs that have loops from loop producers from this site like me. Loop producers are bound to the looperman terms and agreement when we freely upload loops which cannot be revoked even if the loop producer deletes the loop he made from this site. So I really don't see any problems. I strongly recommend that you read the Looperman terms for better understanding.
    https://www.looperman.com/help/terms
  10. 2255594
    slava72 : Sat 28th Apr 2018 : 4 months ago Planetjazzbass you are so right-"lookingforrapper" crap is killing this site-slowly and surely(sorry for my bad english)-f"cking "looking for rapper" crap is just evryweare-total infestation
Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track