Krk Rokit8 Or JBL LSR308

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2471673
    BeatsbyClue : Thu 16th Nov 2017 : 10 months ago I have been looking for a good pair of 8inch studio monitors for around $500 for the pair. I've read that the KRK Rokits and JBLs are good, but I'm stuck between which one I really want. Have any of you worked with these? Or would you say there is a better pair of 8inch studio monitors for this price or cheaper? Thank you!
  2. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Thu 16th Nov 2017 : 10 months ago I have been using a pair of Rokit 8s for about 10 years & no plan to change unless I ever downsize my recording space..I did own a set of JBLs years ago (forget the model number but they were the kind of pot-bellied model with 8s in them)..I found the JBLs colored the sound just a little...in fact they made mixes sound a bit better than they were...compared notes with a local fellow producer who also had the model & he shared the same opinion...so I am much happier with the accuracy of my KRKs....The newer JBL models are likely a lot better & do get some good reviews but if I were shopping again KRKs would definitely be on my list....which ever way you go I`m sure it wont be a wrong choice...I find the main thing about monitors is to live with them for long enough that you become totally confident in how they interpret your mucic....good luck...Ed
  3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 17th Nov 2017 : 10 months ago I use a pair of KRK V8 series 1 monitors (USA made) and swear by them, I use these in conjunction with a KRK 10s sub, I did own a pair of Rokit 5's before and had no problems with these also, if you decide to go with the KRK's think about adding a sub down the track, it totally changes the whole frequency ball game and lets you check out the deepest sub basement your groove house has to offer...I'm also a big advocate of the second hand market, in my experience if you thoroughly test the gear first you can end up with an excellent system at below half price.
  4. 308224
    theHumps : Fri 17th Nov 2017 : 10 months ago I can only comment on the KRK's as I haven't heard the JBL's you mentioned. I went from the Rokit 6 to the Rokit 8 monitors and noticed a better, fuller sound, obviously. Can't complain, like Dave and Ed mentioned they do the job and personally can't see going any bigger in a home studio.
  5. 2471673
    BeatsbyClue : Fri 17th Nov 2017 : 10 months ago @theHumps @Planetjazzbass @Tumbleweed Thank you guys so much for your help and responses! I will definitely get the KRK's, they seem to give a more reliable sound and that's for sure what I want. Thanks again!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Heavy Metal Track