Selling Beats With Loops Downloaded From Looperman

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2384892
    durao : Thu 16th Nov 2017 : 8 months ago I haven't sold any beats containing loops from looperman due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what the rules are regarding this. I read the "Terms" section of Looperman, but even then I'm still somewhat confused and need some clarification. If i were to download a loop from the Loops section and use it in my beat, am I able to sell that beat with exclusive rights to a customer looking to purchase it? If someone could clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated, i have tons of beats that i have sampled from here and i would like to be able to sell them.
  2. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 16th Nov 2017 : 8 months ago Absolutely....all loops from here are royalty free (unlike acapellas which require permissions) the only thing you can't do with loops from here is sell them individually or as a loop pack otherwise you can use them as you see fit, if for example you use them as part of a beat you made all the rights to that beat belong solely to you.
  3. 2384892
    durao : Thu 16th Nov 2017 : 8 months ago thank you for clearing that up for me! that was my assumption, but i just wanted to be 100% sure before i made any big decisions
  4. 1118799
    Stevejaz : Thu 7th Dec 2017 : 7 months ago Actually I just stumbled across one of my loops from this site included not only in a commercial pack but actually used in the demo tunes for that pack.
    Not wanting to be too precious here and am on one hand a bit chuffed that it was used to demo the pack. On the other hand it seems to be a clear violation of the terms and conditions.
    It was instantly recognisable to me when I first heard it in the demo track and after a bit of hunting I found the actual loop included in the pack. The key had been altered and a bit of processing added to the envelope of the fade, which in my opinion detracted from the sound. Maybe they thought that was enough to claim it as their own.
  5. 2478696
    adampenalvermusic : Fri 8th Dec 2017 : 7 months ago I was also curious about this, glad to find a healthy discussion on the topic. I actually found this website because everything is "royalty free". I always make sure to acknowledge whomever made the loop, and it helps when you can flip the sample to the point where it's even more original, in case someone else also used it in a similar sense.
    Leaving my Soundcloud link, feel free to peep my fire trap beats, many of which have loops from Looperman.
    www.soundcloud.com/adampenalvermusic
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track